• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, two questions:

How good is Morgoth's Timehax/Concepthax?

What can Morgoth do to having time/causality reversed/stopped/looped for him?

For concept I'd say fairly good since he singlehandedly introduced strife, discord and evil in the world (Thus overpowering the other Ainur's attempts to bring perfection into reality)

What would Immeasurable speed do to having Time/Causality reversed?

Also there's the weird situation of Time being able to just remove the battle from the timeline if it causes a paradox with the Hourglass's tangle correction mode, and with the whole battle being in Time's past, ehhhh

Yeah, we sort of have to discuss this from the viewpoint of Time. The beggining of the match would be the end of the match for Time, and he'd already know every action Morgoth takes and would be immune to them if it causes a paradox. That or whatever Morgoth does to Time would just be un-done the moment he does it, given how Causality is reversed for Time.

Morgoth embodies the concept of time after usurping the conceptual authorities of the Ainur. Does that help? Also, I'm on mobile so I can't, but you guys can check each ainur to see what concepts Morgoth has. Not sure if it helps against Time's causality manip, but its a start.

Hm.

So, let's start with something a bit more straightforward. What can Morgoth do to kill time, and can he survive Time and Causality ceaseing to exist if he ends up killing the office of Time alongside Norton?

Keep in mind Morgoth doing anything to time would imediately be un-done due to how Causality/Time is reversed for Norton, and anything he can do to bypass that would be a paradox that wouldn't affect Time, as his past is Morgoth's future.

Erasing Time as a concept would probably 'kill' Norton, if it effects the past, present, and future all at once.

Dargoo Faust said:
What would Immeasurable speed do to having Time/Causality reversed
Immesurable Speed is the Speed you need to break out of a Time based loop

Causality though......I don't know if Speed helps in that case

He should be able to delete the concept of time, or alter it to a different concept. Also, he can create concepts with his thoughts, so deleting time isn't an issue as he can create it again afterwards.

TacticalNuke002 said:
He should be able to delete the concept of time, or alter it to a different concept. Also, he can create concepts with his thoughts, so deleting time isn't an issue as he can create it again afterwards.
And this would function all across time, I assume?

So, I suppose the issue of removing Time from the image stems from Causality breaking down, as he's responsible for maintaining it.

"Oh good a versus thread let's take a loo-"

<Acausality, time hax, and other abstract abilities are being discussed>

"I'll see myself out, no no, don't get up, cheers lads, have fun, don't kill each other..."

Dargoo Faust said:
TacticalNuke002 said:
And this would function all across time, I assume?
It should, seeing as time as a concept didn't exist until someone created it and Vaire started embodying it. And he took it from her. Also, he also has the concepts of:

1. Discord (created it himself, so the fight might end up playing in his favour although not to the degree of Khorne)

2. Any craftable material from Aule (probably doesn't help)

3. Visions, dreams and desires from Este and Irmo (possible emphatic manip or mind hax applications)

4. Pocket reality creation from Mandos (I don't really know what he can do with this)

5. Weather and sky from Manwe (wut?)

6. Mirth and joy from Nessa(waifu material) (Emphatic manip again)

7. Crippling depression (sorrow, grief, lament, pity, regret) from Nienna (wut? But emphatic manip)

8. Forests, the hunt and animals from Orome (wut?)

9. Combat from Tulkas (kinda useless in a hax based fight)

10. Water from Ulmo (umm...)

11. Light from Varda (conceptual control over light may have useful applications? Morgoth was also most afraid of her compared to the rest)

12. Flowers from Vana (wuuuuuuuuut?)

13. Plants and animals from Yavanna (no)

14. Power which is his own original concept, as well as darkness, jealousy, fear etc. darker concepts which he later created

Power Absorptipn wouldn't work due to Time's reversed Causality. Any action he takes against time would be un-done the moment he does it.

Unless Morgoth has existed outside of causality, conceptually removing Time would be bad news for him.

Although Time and Causality seem pretty connected, tbh.

Actually, Pheonix, it looks like if you have justifications for immeasurable speeds, those same justifications can be applied for acausality, looking at that. I believe they were referring to people who scale to Immeasurables, whose only justification is scaling.

"Speed: Immeasurable (Existed in the Timeless Halls, a place that transcended linear time and is best likened to a higher temporal dimension)".

You can't use Causality Manipulation on someone who transcends linear time like this.

Oh.

Well then.

Time can't really do anything, then, really? Morgoth tries a bunch of hax only to see Time's future self show up over and over again due to his brand of Acaudality, and then concepthaxes him or just removes time as a concept from the universe.

So, this would be a bit of a mismatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back