• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Lots of Doom proposals lately! I have some of my own proposals as well for additions to the profiles in Doom, along with explanations and justifications. Proposals will be bolded:

Resistance to existence erasure for Doomguy: As prophesied, Doomguy exists as a constant in all possibilities infinitely into the future, which indicates that there is no possibility where the Doom Slayer does not exist, thus making EE impossible. This should go up to at least 6D since his fate manip is 6D for himself as shown in his profile.

Note that this is even though Davoth can unmake reality in the same way that he created everything, which is from nothing, and which he actually tried to do to to the Doom Slayer at that moment. Since his wording indicates that he's going to reverse the process of creation out of nothing, this means that Davoth had the ability to reduce creation to nothing, meaning Davoth has existence erasure himself. As supporting evidence, Davoth winning would've determined the fate of existence itself and his death causes demons outside of Hell to completely lose their connection to reality, or stop existing.

I also think that this applies even if someone has the ability to create possibilities that do not already exist. This is because Davoth has fate manipulation potent enough to make the Doom Slayer able to override the fact that the Khan Maykr is "destiny-bound" to rule until the next Maykr is born, effectively creating a previously-impossible possibility. Basically, Doom Slayer keeps the ability to be unable to be erased across all possibilities even if a foe has the ability to create previously impossible possibilities through fate manipulation. Or in other words, Doomguy's EE resistance via it being impossible would be immune to a layer of fate manip. This would also give Doomguy +1 layer of fate manip in general since he'd have to bypass Davoth's fate manip. I don't know how that would be expressed in the profile, but I do want this to be established. Now of course, this only applies if Davoth's fate manip is combat applicable and passive, so I have to propose that as well. My justification for this is the fact that Doomguy got passive fate manip (which is obviously combat applicable as it allows him to kill the Maykrs) by simply absorbing part of Davoth's essence, indicating that this combat-applicable passive fate manip is literally just part of Davoth himself rather than an ability he actively created. Thus Davoth would have this himself.

Resistance to illusions, sense, and perception manipulation (5-D): As he is incorruptible, the Doom Slayer is immune to Hell's "demonic visions" and "whispers of demons pushing him towards madness." Keep in mind that the Betrayer was plagued without relent, so the fact that we never ever see him affected by this supports it, and this couldn't have just been some one off thing we might have missed. Sense and perception resistance should honestly already be there considering that the profile already has him immune to Cacodemon bile which inhibits perception.

Neutral Vision: Doomguy can see, fight, and kill specters, which are believed to be invisible to the point where one's keeper failed to see it and opened the pen, thinking it already escaped. Even if this is ONLY a "belief", which is highly unlikely considering the fact that the higher-ups who actually know about spectres in the first place would probably know their stuff rather than falling for ungrounded rumors, it would still show that specters are so invisible that this is considered to be a plausible story among those who actually know about spectres.

Evaluations-

Doomguy resistance to existence erasure via impossibility (and normal resistance if we accept him resisting Davoth):

Davoth existence erasure:

Doomguy's EE resistance via impossibility working even against Davoth's fate manip:

Combat applicable passive fate manip for Davoth/remove "Unknown whether or not it is combat applicable"
here and specify that it is passive:

+1 layer of fate manip for Doomguy:

Resistance to illusions and sense and perception manipulation:

Neutral Vision:

I believe
Is a much better argument than "impossibility" so I actually agree with EE for Davoth and Resistance to Doom Guy.

I agree with Fate Manipulation being Combat-Appicable and Doom Guy gaining a layer due to overwriting Davoths Fate, others make sense too.

Back