• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mordred vs Erza Scarlet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winner via death of the opponent.

Speed is equalized. Clarent Blood Arthur and Nakagami Armour are restricted.

Standard Battle Assumptions

Saber of Red (Mordred) : 1 (Josie)

Erza Scarlet : 14 (Rin, Blanked, Newendigo, BoomeYang, ScarletFirefly, Kaltias, Knight of Aether, ZackMoon, Dragonmasterxyz, Boa, Damned, Homu, LordAizen, KuuIchigo)

Inconclusive: 12 (ALRF, Ramesses, Gargoyle, TISSG7Redgrave RebubleUselet, Eficiente, Theglassesman12, Knight, ThisIsMySwagPack, Zero, Dat Dot, Monarch)

Mordred should take this via precognition, Battle Continuation, Magic Resistance and much more experience. In terms of skill they both should be even with Mordred edging out slightly.

Mordred takes this with high difficulty at best.

@Knight Sorry but only citing what Mordred can do is not good enough, at all. Especially when those skills pale in comparison to Arturia's or other renowed legends. Let's analyze them one by one.

1. Precognition - If you think Mordred's precog is even near Arturia's, you're gravely mistaken. Arturia's Precog is A Rank, meaning it actually is precognition of the highest level in Fate verse. Mordred's B Rank precog is quite inferior to it and it's more akin to a small sixth sense than actual precognition (in terms of showing images of the battle to come). She can sense unseen danger and block out audiovisual interferences.

2. Battle Continuation - Mordred has B Rank on this one. Compare it to Cu Chulain (A Rank), he was rendered unable to continue when he impaled himself and only managed to skewer an unsuspecting Kirei and falling to his demise afterwards. Mordred was only only to survive after getting impaled in her guts by Rhongomyniad because of her burning hatred for Arturia. And when I say burning, I mean pure animalistic rage. That along with the fact that she was under a strong curse to kill Arturia made her keep going (I'm guessing courtesy of Morgan le Fay).

Mordred was bound by a strong curse, so he still swung his sword even after his death and left a fatal wound on the king. That is the end of this battle.
~ Fate Route, Day 14, Temporary Dream/What I've Gained​
3. Magic Resistance - While she does have resistance, it's still lower than Arturia's. And I'll also point out that Erza doesn't need magical attacks to fight efficiently.

4. Experience / Skill - This isn't gonna fly. Mordred is not as skilled as people make her out to be. Certainly not as skilled as Arturia or any of the other Knight of The Round Table for that matter. She only had her way with Britain because of Morgan's plotting and the fact that Arturia departed for Rome along with her soldiers. She was defeated in single combat by Arturia without a single scratch and she fell only because of a last moment fatal attack spurred by the curse Mordred had. And she also got manhandled by Siegfried and barely hold on.

Her swordsmanship is unrefined and for lack of a better word, barbaric. She also lacks discipline and is easily enraged. These traits would fly against a brawler but against a methodical swordsman like Erza they won't. Just to clarify, I'm not saying Mordred is unskilled, she definitely is. She is a Knight of the Round Table after all and demonstrated her skill before joining them (even though she joined with Morgan's recommendation). It's just that when it comes to skill in the Round Table, she isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Unless you have any other arguments, I'm going with Erza for what I've said above.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
@Rin. Actually I'd rather not associate with you so I'll have to wait for Repp to comment here.
What is this supposed to mean? Have I offended you in any way?

What did I do wrong? I'm just pointing out my arguments and I directed them at Knight because he was literally the only voter on the thread.

Nothing.

In fact, I wasn't really referring to you.

I was just being a naive man who hopes this doesn't go south because of this.

@Rin, you gave plenty of reasons why Mordred would lose, but you didn't give any reasons as to why Erza would win. It'd balance the argument a bit better.

When it comes down to your analysis, I'd like to point out that nobody has compared Mordred to Arturia. Anyone who compares their profiles can tell that Mordred is inferior to her father when it comes to stats.

On the topic of precognition, it's true that Mordred is Rank B, but she was able to sense Jack the Ripper coming for her Master from behind, who in which has a Presence Concealment Skill ranked up to A+, one step down from the highest ranking of the skill. Just because her Precognition rank is B doesn't mean it's something that shouldn't be noted or pushed aside.

Let's try to keep this thread as on topic as possible, please.

@Omahariptic

I'm sorry if my analysis came up as short.

While it's true that nobody compared Mordred to Arturia, it is worth noting that whenever people see "Precognition" in the profile, there's always a "standard" definition to it, despite the ability changing from character to character. And if experience is any indication, it would not be the first time Mordred's skills are made to be on par with Arturia's so I wanted to clear up any confusion people may have.

While we still are on the topic of precognition, yes you're right about Mordred sensing Jack, but as I said, it's only worth for sensing unseen danger and as a minor sixth sense. It's not true precognition like the one Arturia has or characters from One Piece have, it's on a smaller scale.

As for reasons to why Erza would win:

• Mordred's Battle Continuation is offset by Erza's extremely high pain threshhold so I don't see how Mordred gains any advantage thanks to her skill.
  • Mordred lacks any kind of versatility, something that Erza has in spades.
  • Erza also has more range and also is able to fly.
  • I also previously mentioned that Mordred is not more skilled than Erza, they would very likely be around the same level. However Mordred lacks efficiency seeing as she is always enraged. She spends unnecessary energy and that's why I called her battle style "barbaric" and more akin to a Berseker. This trait would tire her out faster, and yes I'm aware that Mordred's stamina is high, but Erza is certainly not a sloucher either.
  • Also her armor's durability may be bypassed thanks to Wing Blade Armor allowing Erza to inflict moderate amounts of damage more easily to an unsuspecting Mordred.

Thank you, vote counted! Also I'd like you thank you for your formatting, it makes your argument very easy to read and understand.

@Rin how is Erza able to fight efficiently without magic attacks? Isn't magic the thing that almost every fairy tail fight is revolved around on?

Theglassman12 said:
@Rin how is Erza able to fight efficiently without magic attacks? Isn't magic the thing that almost every fairy tail fight is revolved around on?
The fact she is using weapons 70% of battle time without magic blast and similar.

By regular i mean without magical blasts like I edit it.

Though i am freaking tired from work so you discus this with Rin or someon else...

Oh my..

Another Erza fight..

Offtopic, but Blanked.

I'm gonna make that FT fight that doesn't have Erza right now.

Stay tuned..

@Glass + She is immune to modern weapons (Such as firearms) and/or weapons that lack magic or mystery.

Anyway, going with redhead for Rin's reasons.

Mordred is immune to regular weapons, but Erza's weapons are not regular. They are imbued in magic.

Also Erza for reasons above.

I recently went through both of their profiles and I just want to say some things.

Mordred survived Frankenstein's boosted lightning based suicide attack known as Blasted Tree. She was right in the center in a headlock. Frankenstein's Noble Phantasm destroyed everything in a hundred meter radius as comparison.

"The lightning strike overran the world completely. Everything within a hundred meter radius was completely destroyed, leaving not even a single fragment."

"Rider of Black was stricken speechless by the sight of the Servant who had appeared right before his eyes, surrounded by black smoke and smelling extremely unpleasantly of scorched flesh. Saber of Red was before him. "…Damn it, I couldn't dodge it." Saber of Red muttered that in a calm manner."

Saying that her barbaric fighting style would tire her out shouldn't be a valid argument since Servants can fight for days regardless of fighting style. This is shown in Mordred's case via taking Blasted Tree and surviving, fighting Siegfried and being able to fight meanwhile feeling excruciating pain after releasing CBA. This is a counter argument to the "Mordred's barbaric fighting style and stamina" argument.

Secondly, Erza being able to fly and having more range doesn't matter either. Mordred pushed herself into the air via a mix of mana burst and statistics amplification to fight Avicebron's Golem, who had bigger range and could only be taken down via being hit through the head.

It's true that armour durability is a good argument but Mordred reacts quickly. For example, as I stated before, being able to sense Jack and move Kairi out of the way before slicing at her quick enough. There's also the case of sensing Chiron's arrow and moving back to avoid being hit.

Finally, battle continuation always matters. You cannot just push aside one of Mordred's passive skills. Mordred was taken out by Rhongomyniad, but she was still able to land a fatal hit. Mordred's curse, which was given to her by Morgan, makes her land a fatal hit on her enemy before she dies, which is still considered a win.

Ranking of her Magic Resistance and Precognition is still top tier, once again I stress it's nothing to be pushed aside because it's not as good as the other Saber's. It's still incredibly impressive.

While you make good points, they do not exactly counter what I said. Range, versatility, and flight still put Erza at an advantage. Mordred being able to cope with Prana Bursts doesn't alleviate the situation she's in, especially in a speed equalized matchup.

About Morded's reaction, yes it's true she's quick, but she has absolutely no idea what Winged Blade Armor can do, and so, akin to Saber being slashed by Lancer in F/Z, she will also be struck. Another problem for her is that the attack from Winged Blade Armor is invisble so she'll have to rely on her instinct to dodge it. As it has repeatedly shown itself, the skill isn't always reliable.

I already said why Mordred's Battle Continuation doesn't not put her at an advantage. Erza can do just the same. And her being able to kill Arturia wasn't because of Battle Continuation, it was thanks to Morgan's curse. Something that needs to be clarified is that Mordred was already dead when she swung her sword at Arturia fatally wounding her. Her Battle Continuation doesn't allow for this. I already quoted the relevant part.

I didn't push anything aside, I just analyzed them one by one and according to my opinion, they're just not enough to defeat Erza, that's it.

@Rin.

Yes, Battle Continuation counts and puts her at an advantage and let me repeat this. In the story (before she became a Servant), yes, it wasn't because of Battle Continuation that caused her to kill Arthuria. That was because of her curse. Because of this being a major part of her story, when she became a Servant, Battle Continuation includes her curse which makes her 'fatal blow' all the more lethal. It doesn't only apply for Arthuria, it applies for all enemies that Mordred is facing. Jack's Presence Concealment is A+, one step down from EX (the highest rank), and Mordred was able to sense it just in time. Chiron shot multiple arrows from afar and she dodged them just in time as well. I'm not aware of attacks of the Winged Blade Armour being invisible, so may you show proof? I'm just making sure since there's no information about it's attacks being invisible, just information on the fact that she doesn't need direct contact.

Let me say this again. Flight does NOT put her at an advantage. Mordred used statistics amplification and mana burst to put herself in the air. That obviously doesn't count as an advantage for Erza. It would count if Mordred couldn't get herself into the air as well and had to stay grounded. Range also doesn't count. Avicebron's Golem and Chiron both had incredible range and she did just fine against them. Yes, she didn't win against Chiron but she partly won against Avicebron's golem.

Similarly, the argument that 'she has no idea what Winged Blade Armour can do' can be put in reverse. They're both in the complete dark. Erza has no idea about statistics amplification, mana burst, red thunder, and battle continuation SHOULD Erza give Mordred a fatal blow.

Both of you make good points, but I feel like the battle is more on Erza's favor, so I'm going with her.

I made a comment here earlier to keep track of this because I was interested in it, but as I see pretty much every argument has been made for both sides now and you guys are kinda going in circles. That is not to say I did not enjoy reading through the replies :)

So to me, it looks like this:

For Mordred:

• Has Precognition (While not as good as Arturia of course, it is still something helpful to dodge incoming attacks)
  • Battle Continuation should let help her keep up with Erza too
  • To be honest, Mordred fighting style wouldn't be something that will hinder her and tire her that fast against Erza, keeping up with Siegfried is also a good feat, so i can definitely see Mordred going toe to toe with a swordswoman like Erza without much difficulty.
For Erza:

• Erza is reall really versatile, with numerous amount of armors and weapons, changing from one to another to adapt to her opponent, alongside giving her Flight (albeit i do believe Prana Burst can be used to counter that) and keeping her distance and attacking from there by spamming swords.
  • I feel like Erza will play it safe and start to analyze Mordred fighting style, picking up her faults and trying to seek if there is any opponent to take advantage of.
  • Let's be honest here, Erza herself doesn't fall in stamina either, her fight against Kyoka, the 100 monsters during Grand Magic Games Arc and the fight against Irene are more than enough to tell me that Erza also could keep up fighting Mordred all day.
With all of this, i would likely go inconclusive for now, both of them are good at something that the other fails at (But Stamina are something they are equal in) and i can't seem to find anything that makes one of them have a higher chance at winning

Edit: I just noticed i am the only one that voted for inconclusive...forever alone ;-;

Mordred's Battle Continuation and endurance let her keep fighting after getting her ass kicked by Semiramis Divine Beast and she also managed to keep going even after the air turned into Hydra Venom. Which is so deadly and painful a Immortal Character would rather give up their immortality than suffer from it.

While yes her precog is worse than Saber's it's not worlds apart. Saber getting slashed by Diarmuid was different in the LN. She was going to get a critical if not fatal injury when Diarmuid used Gae Dearg. But her Instincts saved her at the last second. Not to mention Diarmuid has his own Semi-Precog and superior speed.

Mordreds swordsmanship should be roughly equal to Erzas given that Mordred was able to fight Budget Siegfried who has swordsmanship that has long since surpassed mankind. Her Battle Continuation, Mana Burst and Precog should be able to take Erza by surprise and get a finishing blow.

But Erza's versatility and flight advantage would pose a huge problem given that Mordred doesn't have her trump card. But I don't think Erza abuses her flight advantage much in fights. Might be my Type-Moon bias speaking I think I'm going inconclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back