• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ArbitraryNumbers

VS Battles
Retired
My problem with this verse is that most of the characters are "High 8-C to 8-B via sheer size". This is a huge pet peeve of mine. These monsters are most certainly not the size of a city block, otherwise they'd take up half the picture shown below. When you think of large buildings and city blocks, you think of large office buildings like this (Which is over 3 times as tall as Kong in the picture btw), castles like this, or perhaps even skyscrapers.

Skull island scale by gojirakaiju3d-davx2bo
I'm absolutely certain it would take a lot more than being 100 ft tall to be High 8-C, let alone 8-B via sheer size.

Not to mention the circular reasoning in some of these profiles.

The Mire Squids are High 8-C to 8-B via being able to harm legendary Kong.

Kong is High 8-C to 8-B because he overpowered a Mire Squid, shattered a helicopter, and fought Ramarak.

Ramarak is High 8-C to 8-B because he fought Kong and killed his parents.

Shattering a helicopter is not High 8-C either. However, the Sker Buffaloes being 9-A via sheer size is something that I could buy. Skullcrawlers as well.

Every other ranking that is granted via sheer size is rather inflated.

So to sum things up, the rankings that are granted via sheer size are inflated, and the profiles use circular scaling. I'll calc Kong's crushing force of 150 tons and try to convert it to joules later.

Honestly, "via sheer size" is a wonky justification at best for most situations. Especially when dealing with Tier 8, since our names for the tiers don't necessarily line up with what's actually being destroyed (skyscrapers typically being 8-A to Low 7-C and I've seen destroying big houses at 8-C to 8-B in the past).

I agree with the downgrade. I'm not sure if we can convert force into Joules, though.

Yeah I can agree. At most these characters can get around 9-A. Because at least there's that feat of being able to shatter titanium helicopters.

I'd say tier 6 or higher is when it becomes less ambiguous.

Shouldn't we update the description with the fact that the high tier monsters are small country level and outclass most of the Japanese counterparts (with the exceptions of Final Wars, Heisei and Kiryu Saga Kaiju)

That is because they have actual feats that place them at Small Country level.

These monsters in the Monsterverse only have sheer size. Apparently no building busting feats, no city busting feats, nothing.

Back