• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MonsterVerse Cleaning Up Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with only radiated waves being used.
You've literally agreed to it already...
I suppose that's fair enough.
^This was in regards to Radiated Waves being used...^

I don't see what assumptions are unreliable.
  • Assuming a distance for a fault line based on nothing
  • Muto Prime manipulating entire tectonic plates even though the writers have made it abundantly clear she doesn't
  • Muto Prime supposedly punching with the Force/Mass of a tectonic plate with no evidence at all.

Assuming a distance for a fault line based on nothing
What's the issue here?
  • Muto Prime manipulating entire tectonic plates even though the writers have made it abundantly clear she doesn't
This logic is really dumb. The only reason given is because they're too big to just move conventionally.
  • Muto Prime supposedly punching with the Force/Mass of a tectonic plate with no evidence at all.
Where's this even said? Both calcs were for shaking the tectonic plate.

What's the issue here?
We cant make arbitrary assumptions like that without evidence.
This logic is really dumb. The only reason given is because they're too big to just move conventionally.
The logic is writer statements that make more sense and is more consistently stated than Muto Prime pushing entire tectonic plates.
Where's this even said? Both calcs were for shaking the tectonic plate.
The final calculation "Remake of Muto Prime calc" and it's all that the calculation is based on.
And thinking it over, that was stupid to say. That's my bad.
Why have you changed your mind all of a sudden?

We cant make arbitrary assumptions like that without evidence.

The logic is writer statements that make more sense and is more consistently stated than Muto Prime pushing entire tectonic plates.

The final calculation "Remake of Muto Prime calc" and it's all that the calculation is based on.

Why have you changed your mind all of a sudden?
There's multiple real examples that can be used, so that's not a good counter.

Make more sense? How?

Because radiated waves alone wouldn't really work on this scale unless that earthquake is really big, I had forgotten earthquakes work on a logarithmic scale, so the energy that would reach out to Godzilla to draw him in, especially from so far away, wouldn't be notable or tell him anything unless it was again really high in magnitude. I checked the earthquake page and it said to create a magnitude 4 on the other side of the planet, you need to output a magnitude 11 or 12, so lowering it accordingly (at least a 2, anything lower can't be felt at all) would still be a 9 or 10. Considering the continental distances these monsters do this from, it would need to be high magnitude or something higher than just vibrations.

There's multiple real examples that can be used, so that's not a good counter.
Those real examples cant be used because she isn't breaking any real example, the average size of a fault line is on the millimetre scale.
Make more sense? How?
Because every writer statement states that her earthquakes chip off smaller, weaker portions of fault lines, and some even directly imply she definitely cannot manipulate entire plates.
Because radiated waves alone wouldn't really work on this scale unless that earthquake is really big, I had forgotten earthquakes work on a logarithmic scale, so the energy that would reach out to Godzilla to draw him in, especially from so far away, wouldn't be notable or tell him anything unless it was again really high in magnitude.
That issue has already been brought up and explained, Godzilla also somehow constantly knew where Ghidorah was around the globe, and Ghidorah wasn't even creating earthquakes. Godzilla has Extrasensory Perception for a reason.

To be fair it is stated in a tweet that she destabilises real fault lines. I’ll try to ask Arvid today if Prime manipulates entire tectonic plates or not
That tweet also states she hits weaker parts of plates to potentially create new fault lines.
This could very easily be done with a Mag 10 Radiated Waves Earthquake which would create huge fissures and such in the nearby vacinity.

Those real examples cant be used because she isn't breaking any real example, the average size of a fault line is on the millimetre scale.

Because every writer statement states that her earthquakes chip off smaller, weaker portions of fault lines, and some even directly imply she definitely cannot manipulate entire plates.

That issue has already been brought up and explained, Godzilla also somehow constantly knew where Ghidorah was around the globe, and Ghidorah wasn't even creating earthquakes. Godzilla has Extrasensory Perception for a reason.
That makes no sense. There's no proof of tons more imaginary examples, dismissing this off of "well we can't approximate" is utterly stupid and lazy.

Simply because of the scale of the whole thing. The only reason such was ever said, which you conveniently ignored, is that the plates are just too large to move from an arbitrary means.

Godzilla could easily have been chasing the storm, the fight, or following Ghidorah since Antarctica. Boston he heard the Orca and Antarctica is where he was before. That's not a great example. He has extrasensory perception since he can hear tectonic movements and detected something was wrong before Ghidorah woke up.

That makes no sense. There's no proof of tons more imaginary examples, dismissing this off of "well we can't approximate" is utterly stupid and lazy.
You're once again not listening to me... Tons examples are Total Seismic activity for starters, which has already been agreed wrong. Not once have I said we cant approximate either, in fact I've tried to approximate. Which got me to the average fault line being millimetres in size...
I am however saying we cannot make arbitrary assumptions, if that's what you mean by "approximate" then no. We cant make random assumptions based on nothing for the size of the Fault Lines Prime is knocking...
Simply because of the scale of the whole thing. The only reason such was ever said, which you conveniently ignored, is that the plates are just too large to move from an arbitrary means.
Are you saying the plates are too large to move in that? That proves my point. Muto Prime cannot manipulate entire plates.
I'm also not "conveniently ignoring" anything, if you read my posts, and read the OP it would be very clear that I've took in to account every valid detail of the statements. But anyways, while we're back to the quotes already handled in the OP:
Link 1: "She can shatter weaker "edge pieces" of a tectonic plate. Like knapping flint. She can also manipulate fault lines"
  • States she chips off weaker edge pieces of plates
  • Mentions she can manipulate fault lines - Does not mention to what scale
Link 2: "Jinshin-Mushi is using her Earthquake triggering concussive blast directly on Godzilla. The same power, different application. Instead of shattering a tectonic plate, it shatters Godzilla directly"
  • Mentions she can shatter a tectonic plate yeah. Still contradicts the others though that make it clear she cannot.
Link 3: "It appears she's creating earthquakes at will! But really it's more complicated than that. When she punched the ground, she triggered a shockwave that destabilized a nearby fault line - or perhaps created a new fault line, by fracturing a weak portion of an existing plate."
  • "When she punched the ground, she triggered a shockwave that destabilized a nearby fault line"
    • States she isn't creating Earthquakes at will, she's just hitting the ground
      • If this isn't Radiated Wave I dunno what is.
  • "destabilized a nearby fault line"
    • nearby faultline, not fault lines across the planet
  • "Or perhaps created a new fault line by fracturing a weak portion of an existing plate"
    • Could very easily be done with a Mag 9 or above Earthquake, since she uses Radiated Waves that gets to Mountain level without more information
    • Also notes that she only does so by hitting weaker portions of plates
      • Note Portions, not entire plates
Godzilla could easily have been chasing the storm, the fight, or following Ghidorah since Antarctica. Boston he heard the Orca and Antarctica is where he was before. That's not a great example. He has extrasensory perception since he can hear tectonic movements and detected something was wrong before Ghidorah woke up.
Ok, so how does that prove your point any further? Godzilla still has Extrasensory Perception and you've also just said he can detect the tectonic movements even from the likes of Ghidorah, Hell, the link on the profile implies that Godzilla can sense the static movement of the plates moving without the influence of Titans. So this further disproves that Muto Primes Earthquakes very clearly didn't travel the globe, because Godzilla can sense Titans regardless of them creating "Magnitude 11 Earthquakes" according to you.

It would be incredibly difficult and likely unreliable to get any size of the Earthquake, I believe that Muto Prime should just scale to the Power Chart I linked for lack of better options.
We cannot get a distance without making an unreliable assumption of the distance the earthquake travelled with no evidence.
Well we do know it stays localised in Pacific regions according to this profile
That tweet also states she hits weaker parts of plates to potentially create new fault lines.
This could very easily be done with a Mag 10 Radiated Waves Earthquake which would create huge fissures and such in the nearby vacinity.
Okay

Btw I got a response from Arvid Nelson here. He does say that Prime cannot manipulate entire tectonic plates but he does imply that he can manipulate smaller sections. This might mean radiated waves could work or it could require a completely different calculation entirely.

Last edited:
Well we do know it stays localised in Pacific regions according to this profile
I'm not sure if we can do much with the general area. But I'll have a look.
Btw I got a response from Arvid Nelson here. He does say that Prime cannot manipulate entire tectonic plates but he does imply that he can manipulate smaller sections. This might mean radiated waves could work or it could require a completely different calculation entirely.
Glad to hear it! It is pretty clear that Radiated Waves has to be used here then. He's explicitly stated that Muto Prime only affects smaller parts of plates just like the other sources indicate.
Thanks for helping out Tons, it's greatly appreciated! We've now got confirmation that Radiated Waves should be used.

Until I can get out a calc of the distance the Radiated Waves travel, Muto Prime should scale to the Richer Magnitude for Radiated Waves values on the Power Chart. Which are around Mountain to Large Mountain level. As Mag 9 to 9.5 are where rock begins to crumble and displace, which would fit the bill for creating/manipulating smaller, weaker portions of plates.

With that there's honestly not a huge amount of discussion left as far as I am aware. All topics have been covered, and we now have a definitive answer on what should be done from the Writers themselves.

At this point I'm speaking to a brick wall. I'm done with this stupid circular logic. My point's been proven and I've won the debate, no matter what the stupid site accepts.

No you haven’t???
Yes I have. I crushed all these stupid arguments left and right and the blatantly disingenuous misinterpretation is annoying. This doesn't even prove the stupid claim right. "It's beyond even a megatitan to control a tectonic plate in its entirety, a question of (at least two) orders of magnitude." All this says is that it's too big to just like pick up. And even then, it again implies that the shaking and 'manipulation' aren't the same thing. So yeah, these stupid circles led to my win.

For now Muto Prime can scale to the Earthquake Power Chart, hopefully I can find some reasonable estimates from 1000TonsofFun's help in finding the "Pacific" statement.

High 6-A should be completely removed from the MonsterVerse

Immortality (Type 1) should be changed to Longevity

The Argo should be downgraded.

With all of this concluded i'm asking for this thread to be closed, the vast, vast majority of people are in agreement on this thread and those that aren't have failed to give any valid counters or supporting arguments for their claim. We've got Writers statements proving the initial main subject so this will be being applied later today.

Last edited:
For now Muto Prime can scale to the Earthquake Power Chart, hopefully I can find some reasonable estimates from 1000TonsofFun's help in finding the "Pacific" statement.

High 6-A should be completely removed from the MonsterVerse

Immortality (Type 1) should be changed to Longevity

The Argo should be downgraded.

With all of this concluded i'm asking for this thread to be closed, the vast, vast majority of people are in agreement on this thread and those that aren't have failed to give any valid counters or supporting arguments for their claim. We've got Writers statements proving the initial main subject so this will be being applied later today.
You forgot to update the categories on the MV pages..

The monsters are still listed as Immortals there.

So I did some digging and found this. The scream shockwave can shatter a tectonic plate. It's never shown being used underground despite the earthquakes being made very often, it's only ever used on Godzilla. The fact the OP tries to somehow loop this in with the rest shows the utter stupidity of it. And I'd love to see you morons dig deep into your pocket of excuses to find some way for shattering a tectonic plate to be anything less than the countries and continents these things contain. Entertain me with your stupidity.

Very interesting how your stupid claims got beat over and over again yet you still say this. You lost everything from the meteor to the storm dispersal and now this. Stop trying, you lost every time.

He is not the kind of writer that always says "Yes" to each fan question.

He knows the potential of Prime and also her limits, soo when he says she can shatter tectonic plates with her sonic roar I'm pretty sure is that way.

He is not the kind of writer that always says "Yes" to each fan question.

He knows the potential of Prime and also her limits, soo when he says she can shatter tectonic plates with her sonic roar I'm pretty sure is that way.
I personally believe that what is meant by this is that she can shatter portions of tectonic plates which could still be an upgrade if calculated just less so.

Avid has stated multiple times MUTO prime chips off smaller weaker potions of plates. Only once has he mentioned shattering an entire plate, and the language used sounded like hyperbole.
The author saying that she can "shatter a tectonic plate with a scream" is likely a hyperbole as her feats with those are only High 6-C and to make her sound Powerful

no wonder this was the same comic series that stated that jinshin mushi could shake the planet

Last edited:
The author saying that she can "shatter a tectonic plate with a scream" is likely a hyperbole as her feats with those are only High 6-C and to make her sound Powerful

no wonder this was the same comic series that stated that jinshin mushi could shake the planet
They are High 6-C based on scaling to Godzilla, the value from the calc Godzilla's durability scales from is likely wrong with the distance it used.

They are High 6-C based on scaling to Godzilla, the value from the calc Godzilla's durability scales from is likely wrong with the distance it used.
Either way, that statement will be far above anything else shown in the MonsterVerse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back