• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monsterverse characters speed upgrade

This seems good, though as the person who provided @Fastestthingalive50 with those scans I should make it clear that similar to the movie there is a period of time between after that scene and Kong and the humans down in Hollow Earth doing things before the beam hits. However, to play Devil's advocate it could be possible that what we saw was before Godzilla used the breath

Why? The hole Goji created and the energy needed to do so likely gives the same results, it's just in the novel it seems apperant that Godzilla blasted through it faster then the movie showed

Actually from a second read, IDK if Godzilla's beam exactly hit the Hollow Earth in ten seconds as Mark's statement appears to be reffering to how long Godzilla would use the breath on opponents if that makes sense. Not to mention the novel follows a similar chain of events to the movie where:
A. Kong gets the axe and finds the Hollow Earth energy
B. Godzilla senses Kong and fires his atomic breath into the ground
C. Other shenanigans happen down below like Mia getting a sample of the energy or Kong awakening those flying creatures
And then D. Godzilla's breath hits the center of the temple they were all in.
Now maybe I'm just overanalyzing the context, but that's the vibe I'm getting

Actually from a second read, IDK if Godzilla's beam exactly hit the Hollow Earth in ten seconds as Mark's statement appears to be reffering to how long Godzilla would use the breath on opponents if that makes sense. Not to mention the novel follows a similar chain of events to the movie where:
A. Kong gets the axe and finds the Hollow Earth energy
B. Godzilla senses Kong and fires his atomic breath into the ground
C. Other shenanigans happen down below like Mia getting a sample of the energy or Kong awakening those flying creatures
And then D. Godzilla's breath hits the center of the temple they were all in.
Now maybe I'm just overanalyzing the context, but that's the vibe I'm getting
Soo you’re not sure...

IDK always felt that would be a thing lol

That said this seems consistent with Ghidorah using lightning and flying to the cloud layer

Soo you’re not sure...
Yeah pretty much, now tbf I believe that Godzilla's atomic breath itself hitting in 3 minutes is only due to cinematic timing and not due to an actual in story clock but the statement from Mark is a little strange.
That being said, @Hellbeast makes a good point about Ghidorah's lightning and IIRC Godzilla has dodged it a few times so maybe the statement can be seen as supplementary evidence

Back