• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monster Hunter Discussion Thread (#1)

Can we just address the fact that Dodogama is the most adorable little lizard and I have never recovered from killing it brutally?

You get numb to it after a while. Then again, I am going for the Platinum for this game lol

Dodogama huehuehue

I was going for plat too until ps4 got broke so lost all data and then i realized that the platinum is stupid and takes way too much time because of stupid gold crowns and stuff

Zamtrios

Also I am 77% done

I'd probably be closer had I not taken a several week long break from the game, but I'm still close lol.

Before my PS4 broke I was ~50% done. Working on grinding out munny.

And I didn't play religiously, definitely put more time into stuff like Dark Souls (500+ hours on DS3 alone) and Bloodborne (300+ hours, compared to MHW's 150+ hours). But I always try to get plat for games I like until I lose interest.

Hence having like 7 games on the cusp of platinum and yet they will never be finished.

(like The Division, Absolver, and R6 Siege all need one or two trophies)

Honestly the whole Munny thing was never that hard for me

Like I didn't even need the Bandit mantle because what I did was that I had already grinded a ton on Vaal Hazak, and I had a TON of materials from it, so I just started to sell most of them and in no time at all I got the trophy while still having plenty of Vaal parts leftover

That being said, I really only need to grind for the crowns, which I've made decent progress on.

After that, I have to catch that super rare bird in the Ancient Forest and then, as my final trophy, I will cook a Well Done Steak.

Crowns are the worst. I'm not huge on grinding so despite my love for the game, I can't find myself killing two dozen of the same monster over and over.

And yeah I need that bird too. I guess someone got it while they were with me but we were across the map and they wouldn't show me where. Was heartbroken.

also the well done steak huh? going for memes?

Hell yeah goin' for memes

That bird usually just shows up at, like, the first area in Ancient Forest iirc sitting on top of one of the Aptonoths.

And I suaully do online quests with other random people because having others can help spice up an old fight. Makes it bearable.

Having others does help, but uh.

Well.

Anti-social and most people tend to not play games as much as me so I become alone real quick lol.

Anyway,i'm listing the Elder Dragon who still didn't get a profile:

-Plenthy MHF Monster sans Disufiroa and Shantien

-Tartaronis

-MHE Monster sans Thunder Emperor Kirin

-Versa Pietru

-Makili Pietru

-Myo Galuna

Man....so much 0.0

In all fairness that's often because they just aren't terribly notable.

I wouldn't mind adding Vaal Hazak though since he's basically as close to Bloodborne being in Monster Hunter I'll ever get. Favorite monster in the games so far.

Not anything for now. I'll gonna mow down every ED if I have time. I'm busy with studies. Also I have tournament tomorrow.

Alatreon and Oroshi Kirin hype

Hopefully other monsters are added/created as well. I actually really would like more new monsters, even non-Elder Dragons.

I'm not good at profile creation or anything like that. I'm only really able to make minor edits to pre-existing profiles should we really need to.

Also yeah I would kill for Dalamadur. That fight was so fun back in MH4U.

Although we still need to add the FTL+ thing to some of the profiles... And I think we should add "Lightspeed attack speed" for Garuba Daora since it does outright manipulate light for attacks and such. Just throwing a reminder out there

So,either they save the world-breaker Elder Dragon in either G-rank DLC or anything,let's just wait then.But at least give us Dalamadur dammit!

Heck,Rajang or even Magala is better,oh well.

Nice there,gonna update my list above.

Also i'm surprised Dahren still same family with Jhen.

RIP Arch Tempered Nergigiante

But honestly how would Arch Tempered Zorah Magdaros even be that different? XD

Does it just deal more damage to the bridge/wall?

Well, just more damage and extra bullshit, my bet. Also Gore Magala. What is this Black Eclipse? If it is something similar to Solar Eclipse or Lunar Eclipse, than this will be huge.

@Reinhard I don't think "Black Eclipse" is anything more than a title for Gore honestly. Similar to how Shagaru is the "Golden Eclipse". At most, it could be in reference to how both monsters blot out the sky and darken the lands with their Frenzy Virus.

Can you post/link to where it says this? Like again, I would just assume that it refers to when it darkens the sky using the Frenzy Virus (as we see it do).

Back