• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
Yes, we are doing this.

Ooga Booga vs S P E E D

World Competition Arc Mori and Pre-Generations Sonic. Speed equalized. Win via SBA.

120284717_259895111904168_7340048210476208787_n.jpg
0cf9b65aeb63fdb1262b78dcc1bf7757.png

Last edited:
What is Mori Jin's AP? And what does he start with?

Sonic's scaling chain is:

Post-Generations Sonic > Perfect Chaos >>> Eclipse Canon = 3.736 Ninatons

Mori is around baseline before amps.

Mori is around baseline before amps.
Okay, so Sonic has a one-shot worthy AP advantage by a large margin, or at the very least initially, though I've heard Mori is really ****** skilled.
How big are the amps of his, enough to prevent Sonic from being able to one-shot? How quickly would he even go for them?

Mori's amps can reach up to 8x with acupuncture. He would use it if he felt like he can't beat his opponent without it.

Mori can also just seal Sonic within the Gourd and block Sonic's attacks with Yeoui, which can't be broken by 4-C characters.

Mori's amps can reach up to 8x with acupuncture. He would use it if he felt like he can't beat his opponent without it.

Mori can also just seal Sonic within the Gourd and block Sonic's attacks with Yeoui, which can't be broken by 4-C characters.
Sonic can teleport outside of his seal by using Chaos Control, and if the "blocking attacks thing" refers to a forcefield, then Sonic can negate that with his insta-shield

Yeoui is a pole that can change shape and size. At its largest, it can be as thick as an island and as long as the distance between Earth and Jupiter. The Gourd has a pocket realm within it. Sonic's profile doesn't mention interdimensional range in this key. Is this perhaps an oversight?

Yeoui is a pole that can change shape and size. At its largest, it can be as thick as an island and as long as the distance between Earth and Jupiter. The Gourd has a pocket realm within it. Sonic's profile doesn't mention interdimensional range in this key. Is this perhaps an oversight?
Chaos Control has 2-C range, and just by touching the Chaos Emeralds he can escape from being trapped in the special stages, which are different universes

Sonic have the Chaos Emeralds as standard equipment, but he can't use them to turn Super in his base form key

So Mori's only win cons are killing or incap. Got it.

How well does Sonic take to biological manip and paralysis? Mori can make his blood vessels explode from the inside or paralyse him with acupuncture.

Mori can also create dozens of clones of himself to attack Sonic, each with about as much power as the original. He could also strike Sonic with lightning from a cloud that has continental range.

Mori has clones and can amp up to 8x.

If this isn't fair, I could always switch to Pre-Generations Sonic.

Pre-Generations Sonic is about to be buffed to where current Post-Generations Sonic is in an upcoming revision (meaning the 5-B rating in his first key will be dropped), with Post upscaling from that.

It's obviously not on the profile yet so this can continue if you want, but I figured I'd at least stop by to say as much.

Last edited:
Switched to Pre-Generations to make things fair for now.

Close quarters combat mostly. But he isn't above using anything in his arsenal to gain the upper hand. So paralysis, pain manip, and clogging blood vessels with acupuncture is all within character.

If Mori would opt to use his haxes very quickly, then why you changed the key for Sonic?

Now Sonic is both at an AP and hax disadvantage, and remains in character meaning this match is now turned into a stomp.

Either return Sonic back to his 5-A key so he would actually have a legit wincon or bloodlust Sonic too to make it fair

Mori starts with CQC. His hax has to applied physically with martial arts. Plus, Mori's AP gap with Sonic pre-Generations is much smaller compared to the AP gap with post-Generations. Post-Generations Sonic and Mori have a 3000x AP gap. This is very much favourable.

Mori starts with CQC. His hax has to applied physically with martial arts. Plus, Mori's AP gap with Sonic pre-Generations is much smaller compared to the AP gap with post-Generations. Post-Generations Sonic and Mori have a 3000x AP gap. This is very much favourable.
How skilled in Mori? If the haxes are applied with just a touch, then how skilled he is in CQC?

All I could say is Extremely skilled I suppose
Ok. Sonic defeated Emerl, a robot that have 4000 years of CQC experience, as well as the skills of the entire Sonic Battle cast, which also includes Sonic himself very quickly, dealt with Gemerl, who was built with Emerl's data, and beated him too, as well as dealing with the likes of Neo Metal Sonic, who constantly adapts to his enemies and eventually gained the skillls of all the Sonic Heroes cast, and later also destroyed the Egg Dragoon, a machine that was literally designs to predict every single move Sonic can make, and thus destroy him, yet Sonic still came out on top. I doubt Mori can match this level of skill, combined with Sonic's superior manuverability

Ok. Sonic defeated Emerl, a robot that have 4000 years of CQC experience, as well as the skills of the entire Sonic Battle cast, which also includes Sonic himself very quickly, dealt with Gemerl, who was built with Emerl's data, and beated him too, as well as dealing with the likes of Neo Metal Sonic, who constantly adapts to his enemies and eventually gained the skillls of all the Sonic Heroes cast, and later also destroyed the Egg Dragoon, a machine that was literally designs to predict every single move Sonic can make, and thus destroy him, yet Sonic still came out on top. I doubt Mori can match this level of skill, combined with Sonic's superior manuverability
Any response to this? Because if not, I'm somewhat inclined to say Sonic because of comparable/possibly superior skill and greater versatility.

Mori has billions of years of experience. But to truly quantify Mori's skill, just look at his feats section in his profile. But to summarise:

Mori can adapt to martial arts that were specifically created to counter his own martial art, react to an attack he consciously saw no way of avoiding, outlast someone whose dura was far greater than his AP, and take out three combatants in a row while his body was off balance and his vision was blurred.

All the above was just to name a few.

Mori has billions of years of experience. But to truly quantify Mori's skill, just look at his feats section in his profile. But to summarise:

Mori can adapt to martial arts that were specifically created to counter his own martial art, react to an attack he consciously saw no way of avoiding, outlast someone whose dura was far greater than his AP, and take out three combatants in a row while his body was off balance and his vision was blurred.

All the above was just to name a few.
If so, then Sonic is skilled and haxstomped to oblivion, especially since he doesn't start with hax, and has no hope of even touching Mori if the latter has billions of years of experience and adapts this quickly.

I don't see how this is fair to Sonic at all

If so, then Sonic is skilled and haxstomped to oblivion, especially since he doesn't start with hax, and has no hope of even touching Mori if the latter has billions of years of experience and adapts this quickly.

I don't see how this is fair to Sonic at all
isn’t sonic still stronger?

Sonic is in his 5-B+ key and Mori is in his baseline 5-A key.

Back