• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scenario: In another timeline, Luffy befriends Yukino after her fight and sets to beat Jiemma for making his friend cry. Minerva stops the fight and demands that Luffy surrenders and leaves Sabertooth- going as far as holding Chopper hostage. Luffy has none of it and decides to beat the "cat-eared lady" instead.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Monkey_D._Luffy https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Minerva_Orland

Battleground: Domus Flau

Speed is equalized

Punk Hazard Luffy and Current Minerva.

Who wins?

Votes:

Luffy - 11

Minerva - 4

^ In proper reason to vote since the speed is equalized. However I'd give this to Luffy via Precog, Haki and combat experience.

Combat experience? Minerva fights from when she was a child as she was trained by her father.

Anyway I give this to Minerva as her attacks are extremely hard to block and dodge and her territory magic allows her to switch positions with her enemie allowing her to easily dodge Luffy's attack or simply switch when he is attacking and get him in a vulnerable position.

Also Minerva would be the one to blitz here.

Luffy was trained by Garp as a child and then trained by the right hand man of the Pirate King for two years. I think Luffy does have the edge here even if barely.

Armament Haki could possibly help Luffy block her attacks and precog would also help a lot here. ( Quick question. Is her Ability like Laws? They both seem familiar.)

As for Minerva blitzing here i would definitely agree fully but the speed is equalized.

I don't see his combat experience adavanatge here at all as they are similar age and have started both at similar age and both live in the world where fighting is almost on a week base.

Armament haki only gives more durabilty (and is a terrible argument honestly)but is irrelevant in helping him to block her attacks as they are explosives that can come out of nowhere at max you can say less damage but it's not like we know how much his durabilty is on confront to her attacks so it's irrelevant as arm,ament haki is part of his durabilty from the very begging of the battle plus these attacks come from a lot of directions (behind him above him in front of him and similar) then her teleportaion is a huge deal for attack defending basically her territory and his precog of would negate each other more or less where Minerva has attack advantage as her attacks are much harder to dodge as I already explained it.

Her abilty doesn't allow her to negate durabilty like law does and she doesn't need to create a special space to use it she simply distorts space creating explosions of magic.

The armament haki adds on to luffys durability and strength, it's not included from the beginning as luffy doesn't use armament haki all the time, it's not a passive ability

Yeah, but how much? That's the point nothing here says his durabilty and AP go very high and we don't really know how strong they both are so yeah it's still a pretty random reason that shouldn't be used as the main reason for a win at all.

Excuse me? Luffy was trained by two masters, he does indeed have the edge in experience. While it's true that both verses are in a world that fight on a daily basis I think we can agree that Garp and Rayleogh are much better teacher's than Minerva's father.

You just said that Armament Haki helps boast your Durability ( Also boats your AP.) So how is it irrelevant in this battle? "It's not like we know how much his durability is on confront go her attacks." What's stopping me from saying the same thing with Luffy? And no it's not part of his durability from the very beginning at the battle. And do tell me how is her Territory gonna negate his Precog? And Luffy also has attacks that are hard to dodge mainly his gatling attacks.

Territory allows her to teleport away from any attack or switching their positions with easy, and her attacks for diffrence of Luffy if she is on a distance of 20 meters her attack isn't gonna travel for 20 meters like that of Luffy but is going to start from the exact point where he stands while his track have to travel towards Minerva and since the speed is equalized she has more than enough time to just teleport away from his attack and his precognition(limited cause it's not something he uses on every attack) would allow him to somewhat deal with her attacks that come from the position he stands on which is why I said the two negate each other.

Again his AP gets bigger and so what? They are still both Unknown 7-A for both AP and Durabilty. (Or at least Minerva is not sure if Luffy has any calculation for that tier)

And why would his Gatling attack be hard to dodge for someone with teleportaion?

@William then say counter instead of saying negating. That can be misinterpreted the wrong way.

Let's assume both are baseline. Even if that's the case Luffy can still boast his attacks via Haki and since Minerva has nothing like statics amplification Luffy would still have the upper hand when it comes to AP.

He'd eventually figure out her tactics via Observation Haki. She won't be teleporting forever, Luffy would catch on sooner or later.

He will observe her teleportaion and the what? He has nothing to counter teleportaion at all nor her attacks since he is precog only works from time to time and is not constant, to put it simple Minerva is more versatile then he is in both attack and defence as her attack can be used for defence as while his can't.

And no that doesn't work that way you are not gonna assume things and then give him an adavanatge because you feel like it. Since they are unknown they are counted as same also because we don't know the boost Haki gives and could be pretty irrelevant for a battle where it could at max let him fight a bit longer.

Erza only counter her because she can negate magic and durabilty something Luffy can't.

Luffy stomps.

Better fighter. Bette Speed (speed is Equalized so we'll ignore this though) better AP and DC. Haki gives him an automatic advantage. Not sure how he loses here unless we wank Minerva

I say Luffy takes this.

1. He's a Better fighter. More versatile, better stamina, physically far more Powerful, and has better speed feats.

2. Haki which can protect him from alot of Minerva's attacks, harden his punches, and he can predict alot of Minerva's moves before she makes them.

3. Higher AP and DC kinda ensure that Luffy hitting her just a few good times will kill her. One red Hawk ends it, since it was strong enough to hurt Doflamingo who is Island Level while Minerva is just Mountain Level.

Btw why not just say Luffy without 4th Gear(which is spite btw)? It's not like Luffy couldn't use 4th Gear at Punk Hazard lol but I was mindful of what you meant so I didn't include 4th Gear in my explanation.

Hirashi The Dragon said:
I say Luffy takes this.

1. He's a Better fighter. More versatile, better stamina, physically far more Powerful, and has better speed feats.

2. Haki which can protect him from alot of Minerva's attacks, harden his punches, and he can predict alot of Minerva's moves before she makes them.

3. Higher AP and DC kinda ensure that Luffy hitting her just a few good times will kill her. One red Hawk ends it, since it was strong enough to hurt Doflamingo who is Island Level while Minerva is just Mountain Level.
Lel

I personally think Luffy has the edge in this fight due to his experience in combat, his haki that can pretty much help him tank blows and see any incoming attacks, making it hard for Minerva to really hit him, not to mention Minerva kind of looses her focus when she gets overwhelmed in combat, which could happen thanks to gear 2nd.

... You guys make it painful for me to even look at this thread. Stop making up fake stats, and ignoring the OP. You guys are border-line aggressive over here.

Sadly almost every OP vs FT thread is like this. There was a current natsu vs curent luffy thread which was quickly decided by saying "luffy stomps". Which is not the case.

but i still vote luffy due to equalize and from haki i mean he can negate some of minervas attack using his COC the one he did on monet and his COA and COO which give him an edge.

Negate? You mean block? Also Minerva can bend space for both attacking and defending so she has an advantage in CQC and range battle.

In CQC idk cause luffy have COO in range i guess ill give minerva that. and i mean Negate monet puts him to sleep using her devil fruit and luffy uses COC to wake up from that ability of Monet.

Votes seems to be in Luffy's favor of 11-4.

Why isn't this added yet and why hasn't this been closed yet? If there was a thread where people request threads to be closed, I'mma link them a lot of links that I can find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back