• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monkey D. Luffy vs Gon Freecss

You still need to give reasoning based on the profile. Or say "Gon FRA" (For reasons above) if you agree with someone else's reasoning.
Gon scissors and paper can't be seen by Luffy and Ken/Ryu should give Gon the edge in close combat Gon can use a limited version of En or extend his Ken so he can sense characters attacks that are faster than him and nen aura I guess would allow him to hurt Luffy even though blunt attacks normally would not but even if that not the case jajanken scissors would allow Gon to win which he could setup with round 2 or with a feint really Luffy can't see scissors so he does not even need to do that there also the chance Gon uses enhancement on his voice to stun Luffy

Gon scissors and paper can't be seen by Luffy and Ken/Ryu should give Gon the edge in close combat Gon can use a limited version of En or extend his Ken so he can sense characters attacks that are faster than him
He's also faster than Luffy.

And that's just the reasoning I gave before.
nen aura I guess would allow him to hurt Luffy even though blunt attacks normally would not
Enhancing blunt damage will not make blunt damage effective against someone who resist it.
there also the chance Gon uses enhancement on his voice to stun Luffy
Not at all. He screamed once, at a bat, who had weakness for loud sounds.

He's also faster than Luffy.

And that's just the reasoning I gave before.

Enhancing blunt damage will not make blunt damage effective against someone who resist it.

Not at all. He screamed once, at a bat, who had weakness for loud sounds.
I was thinking more so the aura around the fist could hurt Luffy maybe not I'm not sure how nen infused attacks would work with Luffy rubber body

He did enhance his voice for it though he's just not as powerful a enhancer as Uvo we also see another enhancer Wing do something similar during heaven arc when he stop Zushi from using Ren on Killua

I was thinking more so the aura around the fist could hurt Luffy maybe not I'm not sure how nen infused attacks would work with Luffy rubber body.
An enhancer's aura doesn't penetrate ones body, nor does basic nen, so it would just make the blunt impact stronger by enhancing the fist.
It would send Luffy flying, but wouldn't hurt him. (You'd have to be far stronger than Luffy so that your punch can bypass his rubber body just stretching from the impact)
He did enhance his voice for it though he's just not as powerful a enhancer as Uvo we also see another enhancer Wing do something similar during heaven arc when he stop Zushi from using Ren on Killua
No aura was depicted in their throats, so it's not enhanced, their lungs are just that strong.

Plus, Gon was in the middle of a Jajanken, meaning all his aura was localized into his fists, making it impossible for him to enhance his voice.

An enhancer's aura doesn't penetrate ones body, nor does basic nen, so it would just make the blunt impact stronger by enhancing the fist.
It would send Luffy flying, but wouldn't hurt him. (You'd have to be far stronger than Luffy so that your punch can bypass his rubber body just stretching from the impact)

No aura was depicted in their throats, so it's not enhanced, their lungs are just that strong.

Plus, Gon was in the middle of a Jajanken, meaning all his aura was localized into his fists, making it impossible for him to enhance his voice.
Plus, Gon was in the middle of a Jajanken, meaning all his aura was localized into his fists
Both on the hxh wiki as well as Uvogin page on this site state that he enhances his voice to release a shout strong enough to kill an unsuspecting person at close range Gon stopped using ja jan ken right before he yelled he was using jajanken as a feint to lure the bat in close it more than likely done by using enhancement on their voice and the fact that only enhancers are shown using their voice in combat support this as well not like it matters it was just something else can could use I don't think that would decide who wins or not

For the aura attacks that fine I'm not really sure how that would work with rubber body

How tf do you just ignore the profile.

Idk how people get on the wiki and say "screw the wiki".

Luffy's skill and his own RPL handles Gon. Voting Luffy

Luffy's skill and his own RPL handles Gon. Voting Luffy
Gon's skill is not too far behind, so I personally disagree. Sheer versatility, and Nen should give Gon the win more likely than not. Of course, Luffy can still win, I just believe it's less likely.

Either way, I believe it's 4 votes for Gon, and 2 for Luffy? Has the OP been counting?

Gon's skill is not too far behind, so I personally disagree. Sheer versatility, and Nen should give Gon the win more likely than not. Of course, Luffy can still win, I just believe it's less likely.
Wouldn't agree personally.
Gon's skill feats that I see on his profile is a bunch of solid quick thinking, which is good, but ehh compared to Luffy's.

Luffy can close the speed gap via his performance with Kuro.
Luffy can counter the versatility gap via his performance with Kreig.
Paper's getting dodged

I forgot to add to the profile but it's been accepted that Luffy also gets this
Analytical Prediction, Information Analysis, and Limited Power Mimicry (With his "Absorptive Power", he is capable of analyzing and copying techniques of others just by looking, completely understanding complex abilities. He is capable of anticipating an enemy's direction of movement based on this principle. Luffy has only been shown to copy techniques limited to skills done without supernatural abilities, as in superhuman physical techniques like the Soru, which consists of kicking the ground over 10 times in an instant in order to move at supernatural speeds)

Wouldn't agree personally.
Gon's skill feats that I see on his profile is a bunch of solid quick thinking, which is good, but ehh compared to Luffy's.

Paper's getting dodged

idk chief

Paper's getting dodged
How big was the gap from Luffy to Kuro at the time?

Disagree, Luffy quite literally got ****** by Krieg's versatility and mostly endured it than somehow countered, the only time i remember he actually countered it was when he broke that lance but this can't happen here cause Gon doesn't even use a weapon.

Luffy can't see paper and is slower than it, although the chant could give it out Gon still has a good chance to hit if he aims carefully, Paper not a wincon anyway so whatever.

How big was the gap from Luffy to Kuro at the time?
Very, his regular speed was casually over Luffy's, his amped speed was FTE to Luffy, and his Shakahushiorwhateveritscalled is accepted to be the speed of Kalifa's Soru
Disagree, Luffy quite literally got ****** by Krieg's versatility and mostly endured it than somehow countered, the only time i remember he actually countered it was when he broke that lance but this can't happen here cause Gon doesn't even use a weapon.
Not really.

Luffy was toying with his versatility. Luffy was off guard and played dumb to his spike.
He got caught by his shuriken bomb because he was accidentally tricked (yes I said accidentally tricked) by his subordinates who thought it was poison gas.
He got hit by his darts because he was trying to protect his hat, then he could handle it afterwards when he ignored his hat.
Deadass ran through his darts again and made a smokescreen (out of water) to set up a punch, then punched him through his shield.
Krieg smacked him with his weapon, and Luffy clowned him.
Luffy handled his spear god knows how many times in that chapter alone. Zeff pretty much says his versatility isn't stopping Luffy.
Luffy was also at a disadvantage from the terrain.
Luffy can't see paper and is slower than it, although the chant could give it out Gon still has a good chance to hit if he aims carefully, Paper not a wincon anyway so whatever.
I completely forgot Nen's invisible, my bad.

Also, just read the stamina. Gon's is personally not something you should take at face value. He did fight Binolt for 10 days but it wasn't 10 days straight, noted by how Binolt was allowed to rest.
But I can accept Gon having higher stamina with Luffy having higher endurance.

Still voting Luffy

Gon's also been shown to be incredibly skilled in other fights, such as Riehlvet, where Gon uses a person's natural mentality to run away from an incoming object to surprise the enemy, as Hisoka explains.
He also is skilled enough to notice how Gido's tops worked just by seeing one by itself, even going as far as understanding the rules set on the tops, and use Zetsu effectively to dodge every top for a long period of time, whose patterns are completely random, and too complex even for the attacker. On the Zetsu topic, this is a technique that takes years for your average person to learn, and Gon just learned by himself without being taught.

Gon also has afterimages to help him fight.

Gon also briefly outsmarted Hisoka, who is a battle genius (As he literally used his amputated arm to trick his opponent into believing he has regeneration, that was fun), by obstructing Hisoka's view with a stone tile, using the debris caused by his own attack and using Zetsu to connect a hit in.

Gon has also dealt with a guy whose attack could change trajectory at any direction.

One other display of skill is in his battle against Knuckle. His Jajanken has a jarring weakness of focusing all the aura in one point, and taking too long to charge. Still, it's frighteningly powerful.
Gon managed to use this as his advantage, by considering the opponent's knowledge on his techniques power, Gon managed to lure Knuckle in as explained by Killua's own examplification. And to top it all off, Gon came up with a turnaround of his weakness in midst of battle.

Also this. Gon's has been dealing with faster people with his skill.

In fact, I might upgrade Gon to Genius after this match.

There are some descriptions on Luffy's profile that are not worth noting as reasoning for being a "battle genius", like "he used a cannon on Laboon to bounce back the ship so it won't collide with it", for example. But that's not a topic for this thread.
Gon's also dealt with opponents he couldn't physically keep up, such as Hisoka, and Gido's tops. And Knuckle as well.
Not a fair comparison, as warlike versatility is not the same as versatility in supernatural abilities. To each their own. That's why versatility is so strong, each one is different from the other.

Gon has immediate statistics amplification, nen attacks which are invisible, weapon creation, which is also invisible, energy emission, also invisible, and comparable RPL, and skill not too far behind him.
Paper's getting dodged
Invisible. He'd have a much harder time dodging it, plus, Gon can just... You know, run up to him while charging, and use it, since he's faster. Oh, in fact, Gon can also do that with Scissors!
Might add Analytical Prediction to Gon as well given his performance against Gido. And this performance against Knuckle.

Luffy was toying with his versatility. Luffy was off guard and played dumb to his spike.
He got caught by his shuriken bomb because he was accidentally tricked (yes I said accidentally tricked) by his subordinates who thought it was poison gas.
He got hit by his darts because he was trying to protect his hat, then he could handle it afterwards when he ignored his hat.
Deadass ran through his darts again and made a smokescreen (out of water) to set up a punch, then punched him through his shield.
Krieg smacked him with his weapon, and Luffy clowned him.
Luffy handled his spear god knows how many times in that chapter alone. Zeff pretty much says his versatility isn't stopping Luffy.
Luffy was also at a disadvantage from the terrain.
Fair that this is better than how i recalled the fight had played out, but most of these are still nothing like Gon's moveset, like, the point for Gon IMO isn't even versatility cause he just really has a sword and a projectile going for it, it's more that these two things help him a whole lot and sword can even hit kill.

you know i'm jealous that OP and HxH have such amazing supporters, i wish Akame ga Kill, my verse has supporters like you guys
Become one yourself then, mrk

Ok. Well #1 thanks for sending scans.
Gon's also been shown to be incredibly skilled in other fights, such as Riehlvet, where Gon uses a person's natural mentality to run away from an incoming object to surprise the enemy, as Hisoka explains.
He also is skilled enough to notice how Gido's tops worked just by seeing one by itself, even going as far as understanding the rules set on the tops, and use Zetsu effectively to dodge every top for a long period of time, whose patterns are completely random, and too complex even for the attacker. On the Zetsu topic, this is a technique that takes years for your average person to learn, and Gon just learned by himself without being taught.

Gon also has afterimages to help him fight.

Gon also briefly outsmarted Hisoka, who is a battle genius (As he literally used his amputated arm to trick his opponent into believing he has regeneration, that was fun), by obstructing Hisoka's view with a stone tile, using the debris caused by his own attack and using Zetsu to connect a hit in.

Gon has also dealt with a guy whose attack could change trajectory at any direction.

One other display of skill is in his battle against Knuckle. His Jajanken has a jarring weakness of focusing all the aura in one point, and taking too long to charge. Still, it's frighteningly powerful.
Gon managed to use this as his advantage, by considering the opponent's knowledge on his techniques power, Gon managed to lure Knuckle in as explained by Killua's own examplification. And to top it all off, Gon came up with a turnaround of his weakness in midst of battle.

Also this. Gon's has been dealing with faster people with his skill.

In fact, I might upgrade Gon to Genius after this match.
I'm confused why he's not battle genius tbh

Yeah I'd put him on the level of Luffy if not slightly under cause of Luffy's crazy variety in feats, but this isn't bad.

But specific points though, the first one mimics Luffy seeing the pinwheel, the second Luffy can do with gatling, the 3rd goes with Luffy outsmarting Kuro Krieg and Lucci, 4th could go with Luffy's fights with Zoro or Arlong.

Strengthening a weakness is a good one I won't lie.
There are some descriptions on Luffy's profile that are not worth noting as reasoning for being a "battle genius", like "he used a cannon on Laboon to bounce back the ship so it won't collide with it", for example. But that's not a topic for this thread.
Yeah that was just support
Gon's also dealt with opponents he couldn't physically keep up, such as Hisoka, and Gido's tops. And Knuckle as well.
Kuro was completely FTE to Luffy. Like tbh I can't sugarcoat it, Luffy and Kuro is better than the stuff you listed.
Kuro blitzed Luffy and Luffy said he disappeared, Luffy tried to counter and he "disappeared" again. Tried to hit, disappeared to a point blank punch.
Luffy adapted. Like it's confirmed he adapted.
Then he used an even faster move, Shakushi. Luffy adapted.

Like he was so much faster it's crazy.

And via wiki stats we rate Shakushi as Sub-Rel. Luffy managed that.
Not a fair comparison, as warlike versatility is not the same as versatility in supernatural abilities. To each their own. That's why versatility is so strong, each one is different from the other.

Gon has immediate statistics amplification, nen attacks which are invisible, weapon creation, which is also invisible, energy emission, also invisible, and comparable RPL, and skill not too far behind him.
Just to counter that a little bit.

I wouldn't call that crazy versatility. That's just a lot of abilities that are required to do certain techniques.
That's like calling Armament Haki versatile, all because it has a lot of components doesn't make it versatile.

The stat amp + weapon creation + invisible techniques are like 2 or 3 moves, just with a bunch of components.
Energy emisison as well + invisible nen component.

Luffy has damage boost via several different ways whether it's further stretching or spinning, has a variety of attacks all used for different situations, and much more.

Tbh I'd give Luffy versatility with his large range of moves.
Invisible. He'd have a much harder time dodging it, plus, Gon can just... You know, run up to him while charging, and use it, since he's faster. Oh, in fact, Gon can also do that with Scissors!
Understood, and I can't bs and say "instinct >>>>> invisible moves", but at the same time it isn't the best wincon.
Luffy would honestly think of it as an air attack or something even though it's not, and could predict the trajectory via Gon deadass throwing the attack.
Might add Analytical Prediction to Gon as well given his performance against Gido. And this performance against Knuckle.
He needs it.

you know i'm jealous that OP and HxH have such amazing supporters, i wish Akame ga Kill, my verse has supporters like you guys
We're just nerds with a bunch of free time
Fair that this is better than how i recalled the fight had played out, but most of these are still nothing like Gon's moveset, like, the point for Gon IMO isn't even versatility cause he just really has a sword and a projectile going for it, it's more that these two things help him a whole lot and sword can even hit kill.
That's fair, but I'd still put Luffy's skill and versatility up there to contest with Gon with the points I brought up above.
Become one yourself then, mrk
Exactly

When I started on the wiki I was garbo. Took experience to do what I do now
Now am wondering if kenbushoko could make you see nen our the aura of it.
Yeah Kenbun can see Auras + spirits + invisible attacks
Unfortunately, this Luffy doesn't have Kenbun, and he doesn't get it until timeskip

Ok. Well #1 thanks for sending scans.

I'm confused why he's not battle genius tbh

Yeah I'd put him on the level of Luffy if not slightly under cause of Luffy's crazy variety in feats, but this isn't bad.

But specific points though, the first one mimics Luffy seeing the pinwheel, the second Luffy can do with gatling, the 3rd goes with Luffy outsmarting Kuro Krieg and Lucci, 4th could go with Luffy's fights with Zoro or Arlong.

Strengthening a weakness is a good one I won't lie.
That's fair.
Yeah that was just support.
I see.
Kuro was completely FTE to Luffy. Like tbh I can't sugarcoat it, Luffy and Kuro is better than the stuff you listed.
Kuro blitzed Luffy and Luffy said he disappeared, Luffy tried to counter and he "disappeared" again. Tried to hit, disappeared to a point blank punch.
Luffy adapted. Like it's confirmed he adapted.
Then he used an even faster move, Shakushi. Luffy adapted.

Like he was so much faster it's crazy.
Oh yeah, I just said, Gon's also got some capability to deal with faster opponents. (Casual Hisoka was near-FTE for Gon IIRC, as the Japanese version, Gon states he is hard to follow with his eyes. I'll need to fact check that)

Gon's advantage in speed plus his considerable adaptation should compensate for Luffy's better adaptation.
Just to counter that a little bit.

I wouldn't call that crazy versatility. That's just a lot of abilities that are required to do certain techniques.
That's like calling Armament Haki versatile, all because it has a lot of components doesn't make it versatile.

The stat amp + weapon creation + invisible techniques are like 2 or 3 moves, just with a bunch of components.
Energy emisison as well + invisible nen component.

Luffy has damage boost via several different ways whether it's further stretching or spinning, has a variety of attacks all used for different situations, and much more.

Tbh I'd give Luffy versatility with his large range of moves.
I see. I wasn't trying to say Gon's versatility was greater than Luffy's, just that he has it as the wincon.
Understood, and I can't bs and say "instinct >>>>> invisible moves", but at the same time it isn't the best wincon.
Luffy would honestly think of it as an air attack or something even though it's not, and could predict the trajectory via Gon deadass throwing the attack.
With Scissors, that's much more difficult. Gon can tail Luffy, and use his range to cut him.
He needs it.
True. I'll do a CRT on it when I'm not busy

Voting Luffy because outside of everything he already has going for him, there's one key thing that's ending this fight:
A single gum gum bazooka.
Gon gets BFR'D to another continent. Or Luffy does him like he did Momoo, GRAB him when Gon attacks and realizes his blunt force ain't jack, and Gon's basically stuck because of the astronomical LS difference. Luffy spins and yeets him to another crossover.
How tf did no one remember BFR is pre-ts Luffy's go-to? He did it against the cow in arlong park, against Buggy, against Wapol-

That's fair, but I'd still put Luffy's skill and versatility up there to contest with Gon with the points I brought up above.
Honestly, i think both have about the same in both so that's null IMO.

I will Gon FRA cause due to his lower stamina it will not take him long to use his wincon (a well placed hit with Scissors), which at the same time means Luffy will not have the time to adapt to Gon's speed he would need.

If he goes for a bazooka, Gon scissors his arm off.

If he grabs him, same thing.
He already fought characters who could cut his arms off on seperate occasions. Luffy's restraint usually wraps your entire body because of his rubber nature. VS Krieg he was able to react to FTE attacks, and unless Gon KNOWS that he has to use cutting, Luffy's go-to is always sending him flying. I don't see no prep time here

He already fought characters who could cut his arms off on seperate occasions. Luffy's restraint usually wraps your entire body because of his rubber nature. VS Krieg he was able to react to FTE attacks, and unless Gon KNOWS that he has to use cutting, Luffy's go-to is always sending him flying. I don't see no prep time here
Luffy can't see nen, so he can't react to something that he doesn't even know exists.

Back