• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mondaiji-tachi: Can't we add the characters profiles and simply put "unknown" in their statistics?

We only have problems with the attack potency and durability of the characters, due to the cosmology of the verse being very complicated, which make it difficult to trying to understand how big it is, and thus the problems with the translation.
But we don't have any problems at all with all the other things, like the hax and abilities of the characters.

So can't we just create the profiles, putting "unknown" in their attack potency and durability, and just list all the hax, abilities, intelligence, stamina, weakness, etc... of the characters? Those are very clear after all.

After all, in this wiki there are many, many characters who have "unknown" in some, or even all, of their stats.
Moreover, in Mondaiji the characters fights basically only with their hax, which makes knowing their attack and durability useless in the first place.

Is a good idea but the problem is the translate of the LN in my case i don´t have problems for the Frozen translate i´m tink this is good question in temporal form in case of necesity this characters information

Unknown, imo, is best for characters which we don't have stats for due to their nature (such as W. D. Gaster), rather than characters that we don't have stats for due to not understanding the source material.

But you should probably ask the knowledgeable members/supporters about this too.

Yeah, I agree with Agnaa

Unknown is only used when it is impossible to measure in which rank the character lies because of either lack of feats in that regard or because the character doesn't focus on it

Unknown Attack Potency? Either it doesn't attack or is method of attacking does not focus on it

Unknown Speed? Doesn't move or it is impossible to measure

Unknown Durability? Lack of feats due to it

Numbersguy said:
Wait? The lore contradicts itself? Dam
more and less because people do not get acurate I am a partisan of mondaiji in high tier like 2-A or 1-A in some special cases

Just like the page of Mondaiji verse is currently in the site but it's forbidden to have characters, we could simply create the characters profiles BUT forbid people to use them in battles.
It wouldn't change anything from the site point of view since the profiles would just be seen, but not used, which wouldn't be different from the current state of the Mondaiji page.
But, in this way we could finally have the characters in the site. This could be a perfect temporary solution until the day the issues with the series will be resolved.

I think that some members were planning to investigate proper statistics for this series, but they apparently haven't managed to do so yet.

Okay. Thank you for the information.

We probably need some fluent Japanese speaker to evaluate it in that case.

The guy who made the RT are in the same country and the same vs debate group as me. The group that translate MDJ for my language have access to the raw materials so I've compare the chinese ver to our version and it looks fine.

Im sorry but ..which debate group? Death Battle or st? If that's the group then he left long ago.

Also what kind of language that you are reading, russian?

To avoid mistaken the RT im talking about is not here but in Spacebattles forum only (Hope it's the only revelant RT anyway)

Why should profiles be made with unknown when there are feats from the novels? I know this particular series is known for its bad translation (Volume 1 ~ Volume 10. Volume 11 and 12 are TL'd by Frozen and thus are no problem) which makes it really hard to gauge statistics. However this is no excuse to make profiles with "unknown" in every single part (AP, Speed, Durability) just for the sake of having profiles. Even if these characters are ability/hax based and don't benefit much from certain categories (AP for exemple).

Additionally, characters with "unknown" statistics are characters whom deducing their level of attack potency and such is quite literally impossible. This mostly stems from either their nature of being, in-verse reasons, and so on (Can't really think of an exemple).

I completely disagree with creating Mondaiji profiles with unknown just because "inaccurate translations"

Or maybe they don't know who is capapble of managing feats of whole verse, so they still stuck in the middle.

And no, each volume from vol 1 to 10 all have importants parts regardless about cosmology of verse as well as character's feats, so..........if the translation ****** up all of that, you still can't use them.

Unless someone have already read all volumes, checked all scans as well as raws and fixed all errors, otherwise, you will never be able to make a thread about it.

And that's no excuse to make profiles with "unknown" because they have no idea if feats are accurate or is there a mistranslation

I said that volume 1 to volume 10 have bad translation unlike volume 11 to 12 which were TL'd by Frozen. Not that they can use feats of vol 11 and 12 and start making profiles from just the two profiles. That'll be quite the mess

So the conclusion is that we cannot create any profiles until we get much better translations?

Yes. That is if volume 1 to 10 ever gets properly translated.

Or if someone who can read japanese and has the novels could read the series and help

If volumes 11-12 are without errors and usable because they are translated by Frozen, then we can at least make Leticia's profile.
In volume 11 she has a solid and clear FTL feat, and right after that feat a nigh-omniscient character stated that Leticia is the personification of an entire universe in her "solar dragon form", which means she is universe level + in Ap and durability.
So, creating her profile should be perfectly acceptable, right?

Anyway, since the first 10 volumes have already been translated, we all know that no one will ever translate them again from scratch just because there are some minor errors in the already existing translation.

Mondaiji is ridiculously inconsistent. I doubt Leticia has what it needs to be Low 2-C . Haven't started Last Embryo yet so there could be some new feats in there for her. I can see her being "possibly Tier 4"

But yeah, even with accurate translation, Mondaiji is very easy to misinterpret with how it works

Lol, Mondaiji is not inconsistent, that's because you only know some feats through outdatted translation from BT meanwhile the actual scan have something much deeper and it's all connected with the verse carefully.

And we have more and more information came from Author himself, making the verse even bigger than what it supposed to be.

I highly doubt that someone here can actually read it from scratch without knowing original source material and how it works.

You do know ALRF knows japanese and has the raw scans of the series right?

Regardless we just have to wait to see what he has to say when he is done with the series, so we can finally get this massive headache out of the way.

If you know Japanese, then there's no way you can say things like "Mondaiji is ridiculously inconsistent"

And i dont remember ALRF have Mondaiji raw scans

He was clearly referring to the translations that are out now when he said it's inconsistent, as he clearly said it's easy to misinterpret even with accurate translations.

He has had the raws for a while, he already told me he is going through the series now.

As I already said though just to wait for him to finish so we can finally sort this out, seriously tired of seeing this verse get deleted over and over and now in a state of limbo.

Will Japanese Suggverse find solace and have decent profile, at last? FIND OUT IN THE NEXT EPISODE OF VSBATTLEZ

Just because i find Mondaiji inconsistent doesn't mean i don't know anything about it. Yes, i have the raws so i am sure of what am i saying and i even talked with two users (Qliphoth and Schro) about it and even showed them quotes (japanese) about certain topics (Full Authority Domain and Almighty Domain for exemple)

Btw, was the 'infinite multivreses are stacked like particles' correct? That one sentence always bugged me given how there is no multiverse in Japanse

Xantospoc said:
Btw, was the 'infinite multivreses are stacked like particles' correct? That one sentence always bugged me given how there is no multiverse in Japanse
>"Infinite multiverses"

>There is no multiverse in japanese

You cant stop making fool out of youself thanks, improve your reading skills first then you can try to downplay later

The closest thing to 'multiverse' is ÕñÜÕàâÕ«çÕ«Ö (tagen uchu) from tagen (multiple) and uchu (universes)

which means multple universes or multi dimensional universe or something like that.

Now, can you get rid of your attitude and just focus on the revision ahead?

@Daniel

You need to make an effort to be polite and respectful while you visit this community.

Back