• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Momoshiki Boruto Novel

Is there a reason why momoshiki feats from the boruto novel are not accepted. I know part of the Movie was retconned but does anything indicate the Dimension being retconned. For instance
1. momoshikI, naruto and sasuke still fought in the same dimension that momoshiki created,
2. momoshiki in the anime was even stated to have create the planet they fought on,

If the movie is retconned then the novelization of the movie is retconned and we don’t use retconned material for scaling, hence we don’t use the novel stuff.
Wasn’t part of the manga retconned by the anime? Why are both still allowed for scaling?

Wasn’t part of the manga retconned by the anime? Why are both still allowed for scaling?
It isn't the manga still takes precedence over the anime, we only use the Boruto anime for canon arcs that don't appear in the manga. Situations aren't comparable.

In my own personal opinion even if the information is from a piece of reconnected secondary canon material such as the anime or light novel, if that specific information in itself isn't contradicted by anything in the main canon material like the manga than i'm fine with assuming it would be the same in the manga as in the anime or light novel.

But that's only my personal opinion about this, i have no idea how we actually shit like that on the wiki currently.

It isn't the manga still takes precedence over the anime, we only use the Boruto anime for canon arcs that don't appear in the manga. Situations aren't comparable.
i understand but this doesn’t change the fact the the whole material is not just abandoned like the novel is some parts that do not contradict but actually supports are used. You can’t have it two ways it either it is retconned and not allowEd to be used at all or it is retconned and you still use parts of it that don’t contradict.

i understand but this doesn’t change the fact the the whole material is not just abandoned like the novel is some parts that do not contradict but actually supports are used. You can’t have it two ways it either it is retconned and not allowEd to be used at all or it is retconned and you still use parts of it that don’t contradict.
The anime isn't considered "retconned" there are just canon anime arcs that aren't in the manga that we use the anime for.

Personally, I don't care, I'm merely stating the facts of how we treat the verse on wiki rn. Feel free to make a thread addressing the canonicity of the anime/novels etc etc if you are so inclined.

Back