• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mobile Suit Gundam Discussion Thread

I found something in Gundam Origin.

It's stated that the fusion reactor of the YMS-03 Waff has a 'high-speed electron collimation' system equivalent to 10 kT.

From what I can find, these specific kinds of collimation systems in real life focus electrons into narrow beams, which are used for fast ignition in fusion reactors.

What does this mean for any of our potential ratings? Idk. I hope someone can explain this.

I found something in Gundam Origin.

It's stated that the fusion reactor of the YMS-03 Waff has a 'high-speed electron collimation' system equivalent to 10 kT.

From what I can find, these specific kinds of collimation systems in real life focus electrons into narrow beams, which are used for fast ignition in fusion reactors.

What does this mean for any of our potential ratings? Idk. I hope someone can explain this.
I think it means that the mobile suit is powered by it, if it can withstand such an energy output in itself, I think could physically scale. So 7-C for early fodders ig.

If this is legit, thank god we're out of 8-B.

I don't think it'd scale to durability, since fusion reactors are contained systems.

Something also impressive to note is that the Mobile Workers' punches can accelerate to 800,000 gal (8000 m/s2) in 0.26 seconds during combat.

The prototype M3 above is a combat version of them with comparable reactors, which are much smaller and lighter due to Minovsky Particles.

Geez, i hoped that Meer is still alive, but now seeing the character designs for the female for SEED movie, i'm glad she's dead, the current looks on the SEED females are straight up from Valley Girl bullcrap 💀💀💀

Apparently Origin is non-canon because it carries a huge contradiction with Ramba Ral (Ral never participated in Operation British in Origin) over from the manga.

So yeah, my good friends Kaiser0079 and a DB veteran, Strunton has done a prediction blog between Zeta Gundam and VF-1S Valkyrie (Macross also didn't have much on our website neither), which I wanted to share for the former's feats/scaling and a continuity/guidebooks at the start, being likely to be used in researching outside Gunplan.
holy swag, we could use a recalc of Gryps pushing away Axis to scale instead of Apsalus III

Here's some Gundam calculations that I haven't uploaded yet.
Hello
The problem with the Zaku durability one is that it doesn't go over the inverse square law property of explosions both ways
The town level value of the explosion that you calculated should logically be much much stronger at the epicenter and therefore the so should the intensity tanked by the Zaku
Also the rocks should bump the value up a lot since we can compare it to the diameter of the colonies using the Gundam guidebook I sourced on the Kamille vs Hikaru blog as reference, and with that we can dee the rock walls are very thick
The other ones seem fine as support good job

Official CGM-verified footage of being so back

image.png

Official CGM-verified footage of being so back

image.png
I used the wiki to determine the size of A Baoa Qu, it links to a 1/7500 scale official replica in a Gundam attraction

I'm pretty sure I saw the exact measurements in a guidebook as well, I just forgot to add it to the blog

Tier 6 Zeta-UC era Newtypes is not outlierish by the way. There's at least 3 feats that support it.
Unicorn specially, iirc has a statement about being more powerful than the Axis Shock from CCA, so it could probably be hitting multi-continental.
Relativistic imo should probably be fine for most characters since 0079.

Hello
The problem with the Zaku durability one is that it doesn't go over the inverse square law property of explosions both ways
The town level value of the explosion that you calculated should logically be much much stronger at the epicenter and therefore the so should the intensity tanked by the Zaku
Also the rocks should bump the value up a lot since we can compare it to the diameter of the colonies using the Gundam guidebook I sourced on the Kamille vs Hikaru blog as reference, and with that we can dee the rock walls are very thick
The other ones seem fine as support good job
That's true, but I think the only way I could account for that is calc stacking.

I'll look into that for the rock thickness, thanks.

That's true, but I think the only way I could account for that is calc stacking.
Nah ISL is usable by the wiki's standards, that's how the rating for solar system level was calculated. The issue is finding the distance between the Zaku and the wall, which unfortunately will have to be through ang scaling or estimation. From that point it's calcing the surface area of the hole and other steps. Very annoying feat to calculate, it took me some time to do my own version.

Tier 6 Zeta-UC era Newtypes is not outlierish by the way. There's at least 3 feats that support it.
Unicorn specially, iirc has a statement about being more powerful than the Axis Shock from CCA, so it could probably be hitting multi-continental.
Relativistic imo should probably be fine for most characters since 0079.
i was originally gonna say "Oh wait CCA's ending is just one big anti-feat for Tier 6 Newtypes" but forgot that Axis was literally moving at atmospheric re-entry speeds and thus doesn't work as an anti-feat

I didn't mean ISL, I meant the rock thickness, but I remembered that we don't consider size calculations as calc stacking.

Btw, do you mind linking that Kamille vs Hikaru blog?

i was originally gonna say "Oh wait CCA's ending is just one big anti-feat for Tier 6 Newtypes" but forgot that Axis was literally moving at atmospheric re-entry speeds and thus doesn't work as an anti-feat
Using the mass I found and a KE calculator, the axis shock was like 100 teratons, which would be impossible for Amuro to stop since he was the only Newtype in that scene that had a suit that channeled Newtype energy, so it doesn't work as an anti-feat you're right.

I've found a way to account for the rock (albeit in a somewhat low-balled capacity), and have updated the calculation accordingly.

We now have High 8-C Zaku durability.

However, the width and length of the crater is larger than the explosion's diameter, so I don't think I can properly account for the ISL stuff you mentioned. But it's a difference of 13 metres from a total 85 metres, so the total possible intensity difference can only be 1.4 x higher than the current calculation.

Last edited:
I've found a way to account for the rock (albeit in a somewhat low-balled capacity), and have updated the calculation accordingly.

We now have High 8-C Zaku durability.

However, the width and length of the crater is larger than the explosion's diameter, so I don't think I can properly account for the ISL stuff you mentioned. But it's a difference of 13 metres from a total 85 metres, so the total possible intensity difference can only be 1.4 x higher than the current calculation.
Nice

@Kaiser0079 I forgot to say since you have an account, would it be too much for you to add the Gryps II Low 6-B calc to VSB so we have something concrete to draw from, rather than an imgur calc? Or do you have too much going on at the moment?

@Kaiser0079 I forgot to say since you have an account, would it be too much for you to add the Gryps II Low 6-B calc to VSB so we have something concrete to draw from, rather than an imgur calc? Or do you have too much going on at the moment?
Working on another match currently (which may lead to a verse revival and revisions for another verse) so I can't rn, but I'll try to import it during this weekend. I also need a better source for the A Baoa Qu height, I'll get that too.

images

Think I found a way to estimate the size of A Baoa Qu
This is an official 1/7500 scale model of it
Maybe we can get its size compared to the person standing on the right

Back