• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mobile Suit Gundam Discussion Thread

I meant speed specificially, I knew you can't scale the AD Mobile Suits to Continent level, but I was wondering if they could scale to Massively Hypersonic+

I see, then we'll just have to find a separate clip from 00 S1 and S2 that can be reliably used as a calc for their reaction/combat speed

Good thing I'm watching it right now

I have a feeling a more grounded series like Iron Blooded Orphans would be a better starting point for rebuilding the verse

There's the Newtype magic in Universal Century.

IBO is basically completely clean in terms of hax. No beam sabers, beam rifles, Minovsky particle weaponry, and other dura neg BS. It's mostly just AP and speed to worry about.

Iron Blooded Orphans is technically the first time Sunrise has ever been able to get as grounded to reality as possible in Gundam, despite it ushering in "Real Robot" anime

That's fair. I suppose. Tho it's been very long since I watched IBO so I have little memory of it

Would it make sense to give Barbatos Building level-Building level+ based on sheer size until we can get a solid calc for any higher ranking? Barbatos is said to be at least 18-19 meters in size on the official website.

I wonder if we could just use the speed of particle beams as the velocity for beam weapons in general. Not just in UC, but AW, AC, AD, CE, and AG as well.

Does anyone think I can just use the Dainsleif bombardment in IBO Season 2 as a durability feat for mobile suits?

Since Barbatos Lupus Rex survives a **** ton of Dainsleifs, and Mikazuki only dies from blood loss due to lifting safety limiters on his Gundam lmfao.

He doesn't actually die due to Dainsleifs, he only dies due to his own ******* blood loss.

I did a quick conversion of the output of the Solar Ray in 0079, its Large Country level+

It said it had an output of 85 million gigawatts, and I converted it to joules to get 1.106 * 10^24 joules

Last edited:
Oh wait nevermind i ****** up the calc, I forgot to divide by 3600, its supposed to be 3.06 * 10^20

Which converted to explosive gives me 73.14 gigatons

Island level+

Probably only Unicorn and Banshee, using their Newtype psycho frame forcefields

Since the Colony laser in Unicorn is essentially a beefier Solar Ray

yea, albeit they almost did get blown away by the Colony laser. Shouldn't affect much though since they did hold the forcefields for a good chunk of time.

Also to clarify, the psycoframes are the materials that outline the Unicorn and Banshee which allow their pilots to mainfest their Newtype powers massively faster

the forcefields are just forcefields generated using the psycoframes

I'm also putting Newtype status as "Awakened Power" hax since its similar to other Awakened Power users such as the Ackermans in Attack on Titan in how it gives them an edge over normal humans and are usually "awakened" in the middle of battle, like Amuro's Newtype powers were

Just wondering but how would someone like Delta plus scale.

Anyway I requested for a calc of the Zaku explosion.

So we're going to focusing on UC era first?
I was originally thinking about IBO first, but I just got into the MSG movie trilogy and finished it so I thought "let's do UC why not" since I'm now going into Zeta and will probably finish IBO and 00 after I'm done Zeta and ZZ and CCA

Last edited:
Colony drop is probably Small Country level to Country level considering it was straight up vaporization

Nothing was left behind except for water

Would beam weapons be considered particle beams? I put the attack speed of beam weapons on Banagher's profile as "at least Relativistic+, possibly Speed of Light"

Back