• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mobile Suit Gundam Discussion Thread

Honestly when it comes to UC canon sunrise seems to like what is pick what is and is not canon on a whim. like how gaia gear was canon for 10-11 years until it was made non canon when G-Saviour was released. Or like the full armor gundam was never made but was also somehow shotdown by Johnny Ridden at A Baoa Qu. they seem to treat both of these as canon statements.

unless you mean Crossbone, yes Crossbone is canon

it doesnt contradict anything, and acts as a sequel to F91, while also simultaneously expanding on Post-Victory UC

The Witch of Mecury episode looked pretty awesome, gonna rely on you guys to answer politics and lore question as the series progresses 👀

The Witch of Mecury episode looked pretty awesome, gonna rely on you guys to answer politics and lore question as the series progresses 👀
New timeline so no need to do research; as long as we watch the episodes most things should be clear. The gist of it so far is that space colonization is controlled by mega corporations.

ea04c1ecfbd63e790400c5bb6cd79198630ee186.gifv

efc3232df5a1f2657ce5c76060d7e213043b2cd1.gifv

New timeline so no need to do research; as long as we watch the episodes most things should be clear. The gist of it so far is that space colonization is controlled by mega corporations.
Thats neat, i read stuff that it apperently played in the... Seed timline? Or whatever timeline with New Types it was, so thats cool.

The Witch Of Mercury from what I can gather, after watching a fansub of the prologue, consists of this:

- New calendar year, the events of the anime will take place in Ad Stella 122, much like every other AU that takes place in their own timeline, such as Wing being After Colony 195, or SEED being Cosmic Era 71

- Humanity is divided between Earthians and Spacians

- As a result of cosmic rays and other factors putting colonists at risk, prosthetics and cybernetic enhancements were mass integrated into society, using a neural link technology known as the GUND Format

- Mega corporations control the world buy and large, with one of them, Ochs Earth, trying to integrate the GUND Format into Mobile Suits to create efficient war machines known as Gundams

- A Spacian union of corporations known as the Mobile Suit Development Council holds a conference over Ochs Earth, eventually deeming them a liability, thus establishing a Titans-esque organization known as Cathedral, whose purpose is to hunt down and destroy all Gundams

- The main protagonist, Ericht Samaya, is the daughter of the Gundam Lfrith's test pilot as shown in the prologue, and she is shown to have high potential for piloting the Gundams as shown in the prologue

- She goes by the pseudonym Suletta Mercury as she starts to attend the Asticassia School of Technology, and somewhere along the way runs into the Gundam Aerial, which will likely put her in the crosshairs of Cathedral

I was just concerned that this took place in a established timelines, thus missing important context.

every timeline is the established timeline

the one thats most fleshed out is the Universal Century, which is the original Gundam, Zeta, Double Zeta, Char's Counterattack, Unicorn, etc.

every new AU establishes a new timeline to explore

like Wing has After Colony, G Gundam has Future Century, SEED has Cosmic Era, 00 has Anno Domini

I know we already have a few sandboxes done, but I'm pretty sure we're still missing stuff on those

unless you mean Crossbone, yes Crossbone is canon

it doesnt contradict anything, and acts as a sequel to F91, while also simultaneously expanding on Post-Victory UC
Exactly, however we need to do a further research considering some of Crossbone series are hard to find (even gundamwiki pages about Crossbone series are so lacking)

Didn't knew that Gundaminfo re-relased Gundam Seed for 20th anniversary last few days ago, man the nostalgia
But man did the animators really love Murrue jiggle

Just saw the prologue for the witch from mercury. That shit was amazing goddamn. I love how they handled the mobile suits here. Now boutta watch episode 1 and 2.

Definitely making profiles for this series

I might make a blog post showing various feats across the franchise so that I can keep track of it all

There was a feat in episode 4 of G-Witch where Guel's Dilanza makes a huge dust cloud from a weapon slam

Gundam Unicorn = bad.

Everything else (that I've seen, anyway) = good/decent.

Last edited:
Gundam Unicorn = bad.
Wait why 💀

Anyway, I'll probably give my full thoughts on with of mercury later. But I really enjoyed it. Felt like a breath of fresh air from the usual formula, and the tonal shift between cutesy stuff to absolutely bloody war is just GOLD.

Last edited:
I had more mixed thoughts tbh, but it was significantly better than Iron Blooded Orphans, which was a trainwreck

Gundam Unicorn = bad.
🗿
I had more mixed thoughts tbh, but it was significantly better than Iron Blooded Orphans, which was a trainwreck
IBO is only saved because "edgy MC and full badassery" which isn't the best advantage, which is why IBO is the modern equalivent of SEED Series

WoM? Now that is something fresh and actually a good show outside from UC Timelines, Turn A, and OO's Saga, not counting GBF (OG and Try) and GBD Re;Rise

Barring nuclear missiles, do the One Year War era ships have megaton-scale firepower?
I forgot about Iron Blooded Orphans.

I couldn't even get through the first few episodes. Does it get better from there?

Back