• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mob Psycho Revisions

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
So, the Mob Psycho profiles need updating.

I made a respect thread with a list of feats up to the Kuzuki fight, and calced the most relevent feats.

Short story: New powers need to be added, scaling needs to be re-evaluated, profiles need to be updated.

Long story:

New Powers/Abilities:

Stat Changes

• There's no reason for Koyama or Sho to be 8-C/High 8-C. The aforementioned "2 ton punch" is only 500 kilos in the manga, and it's yeild is on the lower end of 9-B (See the calc linked above). Even spirits and espers significantly stronger than base Mob shouldn't be anywhere above 9-A at most, as mob's best feats outside of 100% mode come around that level.
  • The calcs I did above don't change any of the ratings for 100% Mob and Base Mob.
  • IDK where the supersonic rating comes from; and even then Teruki should scale to it as he scales to practically any decently powered esper.
  • Most characters' intelligence and stamina are severely underplayed. Mob continuously gets the shit kicked out of him by Suzuki for an extended period of time and repeatedly goes back into different 100% modes as Suzuki increases his power. Keep in mind Mob's fight with Suzuki is after him fighting high ranking members of Claw repeatedly without any rest.
  • Teruki's car-lifting feat should be Class 25, as lifting 10 cars (Of which are individually on average 4009 lbs/1818.452 kg), is ~ 18184.52 kg. Mob and comparable espers should scale too.

Uh

bump

Also base Mob should be Small Building level+ because apparently Spino calced splintering a tree at 9-A+, which Mob tanks with no issues.

Yes to everything.

Also what do you think about Mob having Power Mimicry? After all, he learned to use Astral Projection via remembering his encounter with that random esper, and him using the same method the scarecrow use but stronger upon thinking about it.

Looks pretty solid.

Though, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Mob part some clouds at one point? I can't remember the chapter, but I think it could potentially boost his AP

Considering what I've seen out of the anime, I'd agree to everything here. But being a true blue regullar member means my word doesn't go far.

Also, seriously, people need to do more Mob Psycho fights, I mean really.

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Looks pretty solid.
Though, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Mob part some clouds at one point? I can't remember the chapter, but I think it could potentially boost his AP
???% Mob parted clouds above the school in his fight with Teruki, yeah.

Chrisras said:
Yes to everything.
Also what do you think about Mob having Power Mimicry? After all, he learned to use Astral Projection via remembering his encounter with that random esper, and him using the same method the scarecrow use but stronger upon thinking about it.
To add on that, didn't Teruki specifically learn a psychic whip technique used by one of the members of Claw, stating he figured out how to do it rather quickly?

Chrisras said:
Actually yeah, a full power base Mob did this (Spoiler for very ending chapters) this.
I have not read up to that point as of yet, altough I will be updating the respect blog with those feats when I get to them, and will calc them.

I agree to Power Mimicry; I didn't include it as I was worried the two instances of him replicating powers wasn't enough to support it.

Couple of other things I noticed:

Shouldn't Mob/other espers have High Regen Negation against spirits via Exorcism? Theoretically he could fully get rid of Dimple, who can come back from being vaped and reduced to molecules.

Also, what is our stance on Anime Feats and feats inside of Mogami's mind world?

Yeah.

Anime feats can be used if they don't contradict the source material. Mogami says the mind world was made to perfectly replicate the real one, so unless that's contradicted, I think they would be good.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Anime feats can be used if they don't contradict the source material.
See, that's the thing.

In the manga, Mogami's world is the size of a couple of city blocks, and we just see Mob shaking it.

In the anime, we see stars, a planet, and Mob destroying the whole thing.

Same goes for a lot of other feats.

Also Mogami's world isn't really a pocket reality or anything like that, it's played out like it's all just happening in Mogami's/Mob's head.

Just finished the God Dimple battle, I will be calcing some more feats soon.

I don't think feats from the mind world should be counted. Unless maybe as feats for mental battle capability.

Mogami himself can pretty much reality warp that place, which I doubt he can do to the real world. In other words, the world is much more susceptible to psychic powers, likely due to being made of psychic power. In the end it's just an illusion, whether realistic or not.

Regarding canon: I would say if the manga shows the fight visuals that differently then the anime should not be considered.

Thank you for the feedback, and yeah, that was what I was thinking. The manga tends to play out the feats to a much less overpowered degree as opponed to the anime.

The Broccoli God fights didn't really add any new relevant feats outside of lifting strength and Base Mob having more support for 9-A+ (Or possible 8-C seeing as the 9-A+ attacks didn't even harm him); since there was no timeframe for the Broccoli flying off I can't really get a solid amount of energy from it. I also have no clue how to calculate how much energy would have been needed to make it grow that large.

Chrisras said:
Actually yeah, a full power base Mob did this (Spoiler for very ending chapters) this.
I've finally read up to this feat.

I'm sad to say I can't really use this for AP; the scene was Mob and the telepath sending out a telepathic signal; it wasn't any sort of explosion of massive energy release I could calc or use as an AP feat.

GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY ALL THE ???% FEATS IN THIS CHAPTER

HOLY

THE ENTIRE CITY

I have finished the manga.

That was a ride; and I'm excited to go over the ???% feats that are there; I'm mainly going to look at the tornado and the earthquake, which are both actually crazy impressive.

Besides that though it was incredibly well-written. It's the first anime I've ever watched that got me to read through the manga, and actually finish it, and it was totally worth it.

I have updated the sandbox profile with everything, as well as the Respect Blog.

If I am missing anything, now is the time to tell me.

All that is left is calcing the earthquake/tornado feats for ???% Mob, and then figuring out the massive mess known as scaling.

I'd jump at the manga now.

...But I have a different manga I'm focusing on trying to bring to the site, so that'll have to wait for a bit.

I cannot give much of an opinion on the AP, but I would like to point out that the abstract being that Mob and crew fought should probably get a profile

Also, IDK our policy on Word of God in this manner, however:

ONE: Mob against Tatsumaki is usually Tatsumaki, but if he gets serious, I am not sure.

So uh

I feel like that's grounds for scaling to ???% Mob if we're super generous, but again IDK what the general policy is for that kind of stuff here.

So, I'm done with calcs and have a draft ready for updating the profile. I've also gotten the OK from Celestial Pegasus.

I think all that is left to be discussed is scaling.

I need to add the standard Esper Abilities to most of the pages.

Right off the bat; Teruki should have two keys; one for his first battle w/Mob + the battle with Claw's second division, and another for the final battle with Claw + Broccoli God arc and beyond. The first should backscale from Mob into 9-A with some supporting feats, the second should directly scale to base Mob.

Sho should scale somewhat above Base Mob.

Koyama backscales from Mob normally, but scales directly with his Helix tecnique.

Ritsu should scale to 100% Mob with his own 100%, otherwise he scales to the lower end 9-A espers right until the very end of the series.

Best Boi Reigen scales to 100% Mob.

Touichirou scales to 100% Mob, and scales above 100% Mob with his self-destruction.

Mogami should backscale from 100% Mob. He is instantly defeated when Mob clashes with him; although the spirits he contains ends up defeating 100% Mob.

That should cover all the current profiles, although I plan on adding more.

Back