• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mob Psycho 100 Discussion Thread: 1%

Also, she would be an interesting character in vsbattles, Fear empowerment capable of no-selling attacks as long as the attacker fears her or is wary of her legend is pretty decent

Pretty sure the way she's described as the result of an urban legend is enough for 'Possibly/Likely Abstract Existence (Type 2)'. Which would result in Mob have Type 8 Immortality Negation. But it could be something else, this is just my best guess.

At first she was a legend and she was born from that legend, so pretty sure this might be Abstract Existence. Reigen could see her but could not take a photo of her

They can, but it seems to only be the case with weaker spirits. The harmless spirit family appeared on the photo of a bunch of students.

You guys think Keiji Mogami has a chance in this thread ?

At high 7-A

1st Rimuru- it's freaking Rimuru, no chance./SSB characters- no idea why they are so high.

2nd Mega Alakazam- miracle eye gives all his moves resistance negation, and he has instinctive reaction Teleportation, Mogami likely loses here.

3rdNegi- depending on how his sealing works, i feel like he can beat him./TSC- Likely beats him with Absorption, if the Unseen ones are ghosts like i think. Mogami might be able to score a double K.O considering his body is filled with ghosts who in turn are negative energy and can eventually kill even an esper who resists.

4thRKK characters- the high 7-A characters seem to lack the passive hax and the power to sense and deal with spirits, that being said it's Rakudai, so who knows what Earl will come up with.

5th- vacant

At 6-C

1st- Rimuru- no

2nd- not knowledgeable enough to say

3rd-Negi-same/TSSDK- probably not, but not knowledgeable enough

4th- lacks means to perceive mogami and resistance to possession, but is uber haxed. Dunno

5th-I think his ESP only applies to Magic, so probably yes.

I mean, once at his peak his mind-hax continue spreading idefinitely.

I think yes, specially considering Reigen himself got afflicted by the second stage out of blue without talking to anyone or eating the candy. The potency seems to be at least 598k by the time Reigen took notice, 2M after the live and the entire city when Mob approaches the Broccoli, as Dimple explicitely says he's the only one left. ( not to mention his hax eventually got the espers too, like Ritsu, Teruki and Kirin's entire sect onscreen, probably got the rest too)

So Mob's resistance would scale to Spice City or Japan? Personally I think it's the latter since there's nothing implying that Mob would have eventually succumbed once it spread out through the country.

Dimple's mindhax is unusual and a good match with what we use for potency here in the wiki, as it gets stronger the more people he affects. To be honest, it should probably only be spice city, as we have no proof he would keep resisting after it took over the entire Japan. (despite Shigeo still resisting being quite likely, since he didn't even feel bothered by it like Teruki did, and as Dimple never expected to be able to steal his mind by force, hence why he offered him to be a second leader.)

Dimple's mind hax potency would vary to the amount of people he starts with under his influence, meaning starting the match at Spice city: his usual potency. Starting the match at Central Park: as many people visit it daily on average wich idk. Starting the match somewhere empty: regular dimple's room filled with cultists potency mind manip.

Epiccheev said:
Dimple's mindhax is unusual and a good match with what we use for potency here in the wiki, as it gets stronger the more people he affects. To be honest, it should probably only be spice city, as we have no proof he would keep resisting after it took over the entire Japan. (despite Shigeo still resisting being quite likely, since he didn't even feel bothered by it like Teruki did, and as Dimple never expected to be able to steal his mind by force, hence why he offered him to be a second leader.)
Dimple's mind hax potency would vary to the amount of people he starts with under his influence, meaning starting the match at Spice city: his usual potency. Starting the match at Central Park: as many people visit it daily on average wich idk. Starting the match somewhere empty: regular dimple's room filled with cultists potency mind manip.
It really should be Japan. Dimple wouldn't have went through all that trouble to convert Shigeo over to his side when he could just incapacitate hm and wait for the mind control to take place. Nor did Shigeo have any worries of being put under control like Teruki over any period of time (a mix of his lack of social awareness (which is needed for the spread) and his immense psychic power).

Actually it shouldn't vary but just start at his peak shown in the manga as per SBA. Neither Dimple nor Psycho Helmet need to be physically present nor do anything for their influence to spread. So in a battle, Dimle and PH would start at 2 million potency and it would grow stronger from there. Still hella strong when the rate of growth is around 49 people per second.

Also RIP Mob matches, he now has Type 7 immortality that brings him back as a ghost with High regen.

Will this work in the real world?Planck69 said:
Also RIP Mob matches, he now has Type 7 immortality that brings him back as a ghost with High regen.
Will this work in the real world?

NikHelton said:
Will this work in the real world?
It's basically due to Mob being able to function without a physical vessel. And as we can see with Mogami, a knowledgeable enough esper on their own powers can stay behind as a ghost at will.

I mean, we never see Mob ressurect himself as a ghost so we can't say whether or not he'd do that shoud he bite it in a battle. Not all Espers, even well-accomplished espers, stay behind as ghosts/spirits. Mogami is the only example we have of an Esper even doing this, all the other ghosts Mob encounters are just normal people or personifications of folklore/ideas.

We just have an example of him projecting out his spirit while alive.

To be fair, he was only in one fight after the Mogami arc that would prompt that i.e. Toichiro and the rest of the manga doesn't put him in any situation that might make that a possible course of action. The type 7 was mostly extrapolated from the fact that Mogami could make himself stay behind without resorting to any implied special techniques. And seeing as Mob was one of the few espers that could actually will his soul to act independent of his body.

Regardless, what do you think we should do with this?

Planck69 said:
To be fair, he was only in one fight after the Mogami arc that would prompt that i.e. Toichiro and the rest of the manga doesn't put him in any situation that might make that a possible course of action. The type 7 was mostly extrapolated from the fact that Mogami could seemingly make himself stay behind without resorting to any implied special techniques. And seeing as Mob was one of the few espers that could actually will his soul to act independen of his body.
Regardless, what do you think we should do with this?
Okay, I just read a long time ago a fan fight between Saitama and Mob, in which Kageyama after death also turned into a black Ghost and continued to attack.

Planck69 said:
To be fair, he was only in one fight after the Mogami arc that would prompt that i.e. Toichiro and the rest of the manga doesn't put him in any situation that might make that a possible course of action.
I mean, absence of proof is not proof. All that tells is us "we don't know if Mob can do what Mogami did".

Planck69 said:
The type 7 was mostly extrapolated from the fact that Mogami could make himself stay behind without resorting to any implied special techniques. And seeing as Mob was one of the few espers that could actually will his soul to act independent of his body.
That's Mogami though, not Mob.

Yes, Mob can project his spiritual body, however that is entirely different than sticking around as a spirit after dying like Mogami did.

I'd just say we don't have enough evidence to make a conclusion on the matter.

The reason Mogami became an evil spirit after death is

1.his grudge against the world (this part is the most important, as mogami himself says that what decides whether you become a spirit after death or not is emotions, wich is were psychic power comes from.)

2.the fact he poisoned himself by absorbing ghosts to become an evil spirit( Dimple even says that if he keeps this up he will never be able to rest in peace like that)

Even then rereading the whole arc i've found information that could make a case for him becoming a spirit.

When Mob sugests using Astral projection to get to Mogami, Dimple says that if his body gets attacked he would become a spirit for real. However, i disagree as that does not imply it would happen in a regular battle scenario, nor would it be in character for Mob sacrifice his body to become a spirit.

At most it should be a possibly type 7 if killed while using astral projection, wich i don't see ever being useful.

ESP resistance
Also, while i reread the arc looking for the info above, i noticed Nobody including Mob in a room full of Espers was able to sense Mogami in a close range, until he choose to reveal himself.
Would that count as resistance to ESP?

I'm pretty sure he had limited matter manipulation for those things in his profile before, someone must have removed it, i guess.

Epiccheev said:
I'm pretty sure he had limited matter manipulation for those things in his profile before, someone must have removed it, i guess.
It was decided to just be a precision feat for his TK, not matter manip I believe.

Thanks for the input. Should I remove it?

I'd say so, yeah. While there is some implications, it's nothing that we can make a solid claim/conclusion on for the purposes of cataloging.

Planck69 said:
Epiccheev said:
It was decided to just be a precision feat for his TK, not matter manip I believe.
He not only put the parts of the school / sheet together, but also connected them, returning them to their original appearance. This is definitely not TK feat, but matter control

NikHelton said:
He not only put the parts of the school / sheet together, but also connected them, returning them to their original appearance. This is definitely not TK feat, but matter control
You could do that with fine enough control over TK though. It's a boon to how precise he can be but it takes a lot more than that for matter-hax these days.

Back