• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mob Psycho 100 Discussion Thread: 1%

Dunno. I'm not known of MP100, i'm looking forward to the OPM scaling. We're debating the legitimacy of the feat in the comments tho.

Huh, so this is a thing. Well, personally I'm leaning towards the game ratings having their own key anyway. By the way, was the feat done by Base, 100%, or ???% ?

Well then, looks like Mob's gonna get a 5-B key before Saitama. Ignore the fact that it isn't cano.

Planck69 said:
Well then, looks like Mob's gonna get a 5-B key before Saitama. Ignore the fact that it isn't cano.
We need a 5-B anime key for Saitama

I finished watching season 1 of the anime a while back. Would you guys say season 2 (or the rest of mob psycho in general) is better than season 1? Not that I had a problem with season 1, it just felt a bit flat at times.

In my opinion Season 2 is one of, if not the greatest second season of anime ever released. It's incredible in every way. Animation, story, thoughtfulness, fights, art, characters, everything, really. I love first season but in my opinion (and opinion of almost entire fanbase) it's leagues above first one. Bones outdid themselves, you can see how much heart they did put to these 13 episodes.

Alright, another question, do you know where I can watch it? I don't have crunchyroll or anything like that since I generally don't watch anime, so if you could recommend any free sites that'd be great.

Thanks

Knowing ONE's art, I'll probably hold off on the webcomic until I've watched the anime

Wow no kidding, that looks nice.

Murata must've been paid a lot to stay quiet about this

ONE basically really knows how to draw well when the time calls for it. I feel like I like it better that way. But yeah people are saying MP100 Season 2 is better than Season 1 of MP100. Heck I'm bias to saying OPM1 only has animation quality over it. S2 is heavy on character growth

Also S2 expands on some scenes definitely

I like MP100 animation and choreography more, though it doesn't change the fact that OPM art is definitely better

This is purely meta talk but i found it interesting.

While browsing artwork in reddit i found this comment, anyone know if this is true?

If yes, then this is probably the most unlikely friendship ever.

SpookyShadow said:
I've made best wholesome boi a profile, is there anything to change?
Sending people flying with punches isn't Wall level. Atheletes and peak humans can do it (Although it depends on how far they're sent).

His durability isn't 9-A. Or 9-B, really. Teru obviously isn't trying to kill the people he beats up, and he isn't going all out, or OOMs within his full power when he takes out middleschoolers. Shibata's a huge outlier on his part, for both lifting strength and durability.

Not to say the Body Improvement Club members don't put most modern atheletes to shame with their capabilities, they're just not superhuman in any respect.

Google is Good said:
Dash Granny should also be a profile. She outran Reigen, Dimple, and Mob. The wind that was generated from her running was able to damage base form Mob after the 7th divison arc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KmIWGAsaaU
The issue with that is Mob was trying to exorcise her as if she was a spirit, when she was just a regular old lady running by him.

By the time he realized that he likely dropped his defenses out of shock, considering how aversive he is to harming other humans with his powers. Mob wasn't enhancing his movements with his powers either. Finally, Mob wasn't "damaged" by the winds of her running, he sort of tripped over and got a bloody nose.

Pretty much everything after this contexualizes what I'm talking about. She's just a regular human, with parts of the scene emphasized for comedy.

Depends on how far they're sent flying. As far as the Body Improvement Club sends those kids flying? Probably not.

Which is why Peak Human might work better, since I doubt the force needed to shove three kids into the air that far breaches into 9-B strength.

Most spirits in mob psycho are either

1.Undead(humans and animals, the regular ghosts)

2.Abstract looking weird creatures we have no idea where they came from (any ghost from Matsuo, mimic and rusty from the Reigen spinoff, that spirit who dwelled in the tunnel the biker gang died).

She is one of the 2 supernatural entity to be born not from a thing or appear out of nowhere, but collective human belief, alongside lord psycho helmet

Dimple mentions she's a materialization of what people believe Kuchisake-Onna to be, and that she would gain/lose powers if her lore was changed. That pervert in the raincoat was able to hit her with a stungun(even tough it had no effect), so no Abstract type 1.

I'm not sure if she's a type 2, as existing thanks to a certain belief seems to imply that, or at least immortality type 8. But being exorcised by mob either implies

1.She's limited to separate apparitions who can be individually destroyed, but will keep appearing as long as people believe

2.the spirit born is a one time thing and never had the ability come back

3.Mob can negate immortality type 8/Abstraction as people didn't stop talking about her even after mob exorcised her.

i feel like 1 or 2 is the most likely, as we have no backstory if she was exorcised before and reappeared, or knowledge if she respawned again to other people after mob exorcised her.

Back