• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MLP S9 Ending of the End 3-A Statement (Minor Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, so it happened in episode 25 and he tells the villains they could control all of reality with his magic and promises to tell them how to control his magic if they free his friends.

He also claims he can tear the fabric of reality with his pwoers in to where and back again. We dismissed it as standard reality warping when it got brought up, but now with Discord's current statement that might not be the case any more.

Okay. That might just be him trying to convince them to do what he wanted though.

Why would he have any reason to lie about his own powers? Lying about the scope of them wouldn't have helped anyone and would've made things worse if they found out he lied about it. Plus, it's consistient with the third claim I brought up.

Well, it still seems far too unproven to warrant any solid statistics rating, and Discord has lied before, including about being Grogar.

Maybe a "possibly far higher", but nothing more than that I think.

Antvasima said:
Well, it still seems far too unproven to warrant any solid statistics rating, and Discord has lied before, including about being Grogar.
Maybe a "possibly far higher", but nothing more than that I think.
Not every lie is the same thing. One lie about tricking villains into working for him doesn't mean he's going to lie about the scope of his powers. Think about his reasons for lying: What does he have to gain by tricking them? Giving Twilight the confidence she needs to rule by defeating all three of them when he sends them to attack (literally his reason for bringing the villains together).

What does he have to gain by lying about his powers and getting found out? A beating? The destruction of his friends if they find out? If he tells them how to control his magic they are probably going to try and warp reality just like he said they could. And how are they going to feel if it turns out they can't do that? Pretty pissed. He has nothing to gain.

They are entirely different situations and not at all operating under the same context. Him lying about his powers is entirely an assumtion anyways.

Well, I haven't watched the episodes yet, as I want to watch them in their original language, but I definitely do not think that anything more than a "possibly" rating is warranted, and would much prefer input from other staff members.

I completely agree with Light. The situation about lying about his powers doesn't gain him anything , unlike lying about being Grogar, by lying and hes smart enough to know what he should and shouldn't say to the villains because if they realize he was lying about what they are capable of everyone is screwed including himself... Because at the time Discord had no powers, no way to defend himself, the Elements were borderline useless... So Discord would be stupid to lie about the scope of his abilities.

It is possible that you are correct. I haven't watched the episodes, but as I mentioned, without proof only "possibly" ratings are at best warranted.

I don't mind possibly 3-A or something . We are just discussing the statements and determining what to do. I'm definitely not going to argue just straight up 3-A.

Not sure who to contact though.

Just contact some active administrators, and tell them that I would appreciate the help: VS Battles Staff

Ehhh, I kind of disagree with a 3-A upgrade. Discord tends to be very over exaggerated and hyperbolic with what he says and how he can act. I feel mere statements shouldn't establish a higher tier, maybe a 'Possibly far higher' justification could be incorporated like Ant said, but that's about it.

None of this contradicts nor addresses a word I said, both me Seed have explained in depth why Discord was not exaggerating. Saying "He tends to exaggerate, therefore he's always going to and we shouldn't take this seriously" is a non-argument, proves absolutely nothing, and completely ignores the context behind his statement. Either prove it in the context of the situation or don't bring it up. Because it's already been addressed. Multiple times.

Well there's no need to be defensive, that was just my 50 cents. It still just doesn't rub me the right way. Even with what's been discussed above I'm unsure which side to choose because there are components on both sides that seem legit and dubious that simultaneously cancel each other out.

I suppose for now I'll remain neutral before I work my way up from the bottom about this. If only Darkanine were still around he'd be able to declare what's legit here and what isn't.

I don't like repeating myself and having to argue against arguments that are very similar to the ones I just argued against. I've had to do this on many many threads before, and it tends to get immensely annoying after awhile.

Honestly, I am in the same position as EMagolor and Antvasima, considering you guys still need to get some things together for a more solid explanation for why Discord and others are at least possibly 3-A. I'll choose a side once everything is arranged and solidified.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
It's very vague but I don't think it should just be thrown out the window
What about "Possibly Low 2-C" god tiers?
Low 2-C is even harder to argue for. It's hard enough arguing against Pinkie and especially Discord exaggerating (despite the hilariously flmsy evidence for it). I can only think of one statement where that comes from.

I don't think Low 2-C is even possible for the scope of the show's demonstrations and statements. It's safer to just remain at "Possibly 3-A."

If we got to a point where we can discuss logically the possibility of Discord (a 4-C), somehow, beating or being somewhat comparable to a Low 2-C (Talking about Bill Cipher), then something is really really wrong here (for Discord or Bill). (looking back at the countless Bill vs Discord threads we have on this site)

The buff for Discord is completely logical, he never put effort in anything, he doesn't even sees other 4-C's as threats (even to the point of playing with Sombra at high stakes), and clearly he would have been way higher if the show, like IDW, would have demonstrated his powers at his best.

Also, isn't this literally a feat of "ripping the very fabric of reality"?

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Or Wait Until the English version of the episodes come out to see what word they use for "cosmos" </div>
But seriously, where did you get low 2-C from anyways? The fabric of reality statement is the only one that comes close.

We still need more input from other administrators here. You need to ask some of them to help out.

I wouldn't be opposed to a "Possibly 3-A" rating but I agree that we should wait til the official release or at least the official English version comes out, as it's possible the translation could be incorrect in what was said.

If that's the case we should all either shelve this thread and remain silent on it until later or close it and create a new one when the episode actually comes out. It releases in a little over a month, by the way.

I am fine with closing this for the moment.

Do we have to wait until it "officially" airs in North America? Or can we re-discuss this as soon as an english version comes out. Australia usually gets early episodes.

"Shrugs" Earlier than the U.S. I know that much. I thin Australian episodes got released a month or so before the American ones. Maybe earlier than that?

As soon as an English version is available it should be fine.

Should I close this until the episodes are released in English?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back