• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MK downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kronika is scale to Fire God Liu who is likely 5A as Corrupted Cetrion who also scale to him, so she should be tier 6 likely tier 5.

Hmm, then maybe Kintaro's 8-A feat is legit if he was at the epic center of it; that's a relief. Also, wouldn't Kano be 8-A with prep time or something like that given he's the one who summoned the nuke?

Xtasyamphetamine said:
Kintaro was at the very vanguard of the army itself, basically he's at the front of the Shokan army.
That still doesn't tell us where he was standing in relation to the explosion. We don't see the exact place where the nuke goes off; just an explosion and several Shokan and other people being flung into the air like teddy bears.

Mortal Kombat Explosion
ISL (more or less) means that being even a few feet away from the epicenter would make a pretty major difference as far as what rating a character would get from tanking this thing.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
I'm pretty sure he wasn't weakened from that since he was still able to stand up and shout against Kotal.
He doesn't even stand all the way to his feet until Kotal helps him up; he's stuck in a kneeling position waiting for Kotal to cut his head off. If he wasn't too weak to fight, he'd stand up and keep fighting until he was killed in battle, because that's what he's like in character.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
Also, these 8-B characters have placeholder ratings and I have already said that these characters shouldn't backscale to the 8-A feat.
That still leaves whoever does scale to Kintaro, as well as Kintaro himself. They shouldn't be 8-A based on this feat, because it's unreliable.

8-B with the "+" signs do need to go; that much I can be certain.

Okay about where Kintaro was in the explosion

If Kintaro was weakened then he would've just fell back down or struggled to stand up with his legs shaking or any sign of weakness which I don't see in this panel. Kotal was preventing him from standing up because he was pressed down with the Macana sword, and when he let go of the sword he stood back up normally.

Still I expect Kintaro and the other 8-As to have different feat that the 8-Bs do not scale to, honestly I think 8-Bs could be 9-A (hopefully not wall level lol)

Low-Mid regen for Noob btw?

Kintaro and others could scale to the explosion of the ship that was caused by Havik and Tremor's earthquake

Kano also would've aimed for him seeing how he's the first thing he sees in the Shokan army

Perhaps.

I'm still really unsure about using the nuke as a feat, because where it landed makes a significant difference in terms of how much of it he took. But the ship explosion might work out.

There was also that one feat where Shang Tsung blew up a helicopter with a fire ball right here. And it was back when Tsung wasn't as strong as other characters.

Don't think so (he still beat him when empowered without Amps)

Also I thought we were scaling Shang to Goro and co

But I stand by calling Sektor's feat

I have no idea how to handle Shang's scaling, since he suffers from the exact same problem that Quan Chi does in the new timeline; he's clearly supposed to be one of the (relatively) more powerful characters, but he still gets his ass kicked as much as any other random mook villain in-story.

Btw, what if the revenants and Quan Chi were jobbers because Shinnok, their power source, was weakened (like him being sealed or reduced to a head)

This should probably give them Empowerment based on Shinnok's presence (like how Kabal and Stryker can hurt Raiden and Fujin)

I don't think that's ever stated at any point, so I wouldn't say that's something we can add. Which is a shame, since it'd be a picture-perfect handwave for NRS completely ******** on those characters in terms of their fighting ability.

It's stated in MK11 and MKX

Dark Raiden said that the cathedral containing Shinnok was a power source for the revenants. IIRC Jax and Sareena also said that Quan Chi was weakened because Shinnok wasn't around

It would be added to their weaknesses too

MrKingOfNegativity said:
I have no idea how to handle Shang's scaling, since he suffers from the exact same problem that Quan Chi does in the new timeline; he's clearly supposed to be one of the (relatively) more powerful characters, but he still gets his ass kicked as much as any other random mook villain in-story.
Maybe we could downgrade him? but that would be a big call

These weaknesses are only for the current timeline, in the original Quan Chi was not weakened by Shinnok defeat.

Shinnok being defeated doesn't make revenants weaker tho, it's his lack of presence around them

Besides Quan was weakened in the 5th plane of hell during the OG timeline

Then it might can be added, Original Shang and Quan do not need to be downgraded due to DA intro.

Tbh I feel like Raiden messing with the flow of time did some serious consequences to the fate Kronika assigned for the timeline which is why the bad guys kept jobbing but that's just head cano

I think this can be closed

Downgrades have been applied but the 8-B ratings haven't been updated from new calcs yet so we might have to wait for that, but now we can close this

If a new thread is made, we can link it here and then close this.

Apparently this isn't finished

I've come up with a new scaling chain for some characters

We're going to give them keys based on the events that have happened such as the 1st and 2nd tournaments as well as the invasion of Outworld since many feats have happened during those times

I believe that this will affect most of the city block level characters and they will probably be 9-A from Shang Tsung's chopper busting feat and the diamond breaking one from TYM but this is for their very first key only, which I will call "First Tournament" based on events that happened in MK1 (such as liu beating old shang)

The next key will be called "Second Tournament" which is based on the events of MK2 such as the Tarkatan raid on the Shaolin temples and this is the part where the 9-A characters get a 2x boost since old Shang was rejuvenated and had his power multiplied to an unknown degree (i will grab scans soon enough)

Next is "Outworld Invasion" which is based on the events of MK3 like the soulnado and Shao stepping into earth. I believe that there is a feat where Noob's "death" causes a soulnado to explode causing the surrounding trees and gravestones to be destroyed.

Then there's the MKX key which will affect loadsa characters but I will explain more of that soon

Last but not least we have the MK11 keys. Feats from gameplay and cutscenes should be calced to determine the tiers of several low to mid tier characters

I think it's just based on the general calc of helicopters exploding

either way

Can we get a reassembly of uncalced feats so I can (probably) do everything for fork's sake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back