• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mjolnir Crushing

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Thor ragnarok Hela easily crushes mjolnir which remained solid enough in the core of a dying star(white dwarf neuron star or red giant??)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orders_of_magnitude_(pressure)

In the above article that presures in the

Sun=2.5×10^16Pa

White dwarf =10^20-10^23Pa

Neutron star =1.6×10^34-3.2×10^32Pa

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Darkanine/MCU:_Mjølnir_Characteristics

According to this mjolnir has a surface area of of 0.0477m┬│

So to find the force applied multiply the area by the pressure

So sun=1.19×10^15N(class T)

White dwarf=4.77×10^21-4.77×10^18N(class E)

Neutron star=7.632×10^32N -1.5264×10^31N(class y to stellar)(PROBABLY OUTLIER)

These are still lowball since the area over which the force was applied, that is Hela's palm, was much less

So this a lowball

To find he energy of the crushing multiply the pressure by volume of mjolnir to give the energy

This scales Surtur and Odin for defeating her and Thor for surviving being chocked by her and hurt by her and hulk for hurting Thor significantly

IF it is accepted can a professional please do the calc properly

For Mjolnir's volume, I'll used the numbers based off Darkanine's calc.

The rectangular sides of the hammer is calculated to be 0.02957721328 m^2 each. The other side's height is 0.09539748953 m. Therefore the volume of Mjolnir is around 0.003 m^3.

Sun: 7.5*10^13 Joules (Town level)

White Dwarf Star: 4.8*10^17 to 3*10^20 Joules (Mountain level to Island level)

Neutron Star: 9.6*10^29 to 4.8*10^31 (Moon level to Small Planet level)

White Dwarf Star makes the most sense to me.

Wait... Mjolnir in the Cinematic Universe isn't made of Uru? It's an actual core of a dying star?

Uru has only been mentioned in a non-canon video in the MCU from what I know. Both Thor 1, a guidebook, and Thor 3 repeat that the hammer was forged in a dying star

"It was made from this special metal from the heart of a dying star." - Thor

"Forged in the heart of a dying star, its power has no equal, as a weapon to destroy or as a tool to build. It is a fitting companion for a king." - Odin

So I guess Odin/Dwarves forged it in a dying star using materials of a dying star? Like taking part of the core and somehow creating a hammer from it.

In Ragnarok when Thor is talking to Korg he mentions the hammer being made of a special metal from a dying star.

DmarcvelCOO said:
Yess!! So can u p!ease do a proper calc?
I already made a previous one using the core of the sun and got Island level actually, with different methods though, and it is the one that is used now. However, using white dwarf and neutron star would wield even higher results. I will attempt.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
DmarcvelCOO said:
Yess!! So can u p!ease do a proper calc?
I already made a previous one using the core of the sun and got Island level actually, with different methods though, and it is the one that is used now. However, using white dwarf and neutron star would wield even higher results. I will attempt.
Yeah thanks so much

I think that we have to assume that it was a "regular" star, similar to our own.

Or was it ever stated that it specifically was a dying star?

Although dying star to me implies something like a red giant rather than a neutron or dwarf star.

Yes, Matthew stated a similar concern within the blog post.

Because it seems to be an exaggeration. The calculation should preferably be based on a red giant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back