• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hmm.....Mistral's AP isn't as low as I recalled.

Mistral is much more versatile then Chun, and considering Chun isn't a blade user she's not going to be able to sever the rope and Mistral can Ragdoll her.

Combine that with her drone minions and Mistral should take this.

That's an old calc, and in order to turn it into an upgrade for the verse someone would have to debate how the high end is the most logical option to pick

He said we need to debate why the high end is the most logical option to pick when it wasn't even the option that was picked, so there's no need to debate why the high end was picked.

Twellas said:
That's an old calc, and in order to turn it into an upgrade for the verse
No one's looking to upgrade the verse! The low end, Low 7-C+, was accepted way back when the calc was done in the spring of last year. And all the characters who don't scale to Armstrong and Ripper Mode Raiden are Low 7-C, so no one's trying to upgrade them here.

Did you check the profiles? Armstrong, Raiden, Monsoon and all of the WODs have a 7-C rating which is basically accepted by everyone, including mods, by scaling to the mid end of that calc. I already explained in length how and why picking anything below mid-end makes no sense whatsoever and why the high end, 7C+, could very well be picked, so i won't do it again. Right now I'm busy, but as soon as I can I'll make a CRT

There is also the fact that the calc ignores a huge crater left by Armstrong's punch. I brought this up in my first CRT but it was just kinda ignored, so I'll bring it up again in a CRT dedicated entirely to the calc.

To be fair, he simply said "the low end is the safest"(which isn't even true for the reasons i explained already), he didn't even say "let's go with the low end, the other results are too high" or anything of the sort. I'm 100% sure that my CRT will be accepted, whenever i get around doing it

I mean, the mid end is literally just accepted and used by everyone already, including mods and content moderators

I mean, just by looking on Wikipedia i found out that the value used for the ""high end"" comes from tests performed in 2000, 20 years ago. Back in 2008 they already reached 100 gigapascals, 40 more than what we see in the so called high end of the feat.

The wikipedia article presented in that thread links to an article that says: "Here we report multiwalled carbon nanotubes with a mean fracture strength >100 GPa, which exceeds earlier observations by a factor of approximately three. These results are in excellent agreement with quantum-mechanical estimates for nanotubes containing only an occasional vacancy defect, and are Ôê╝80% of the values expected for defect-free tubes.". The so called high end is 40 GPa's below what we are actually able to achieve today, let alone in a futuristic setting

Back