• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mister Mxyzptlk revisions, Emperor Joker downgrade

Eficiente

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Mr Mxy's profile could be handled much better.

• "A 5th-Dimensional being, who transcends all of time in past, present and future": The image there proves nothing and shold be removed.
  • "being one across all existence.": Misleading, he's all of those infinite versions of himself.
  • "Can hold moments of reality as comicbook pages in his hand. When holding his power, Emperor Joker could destroy the entire multiverse. Casually restrained and impersonated The Spectre in the Injustice continuity.": None of this matter to his Low 1-C AP and should be moved to a Feats section.
  • "5D Imps can freely move through time and Hypertime." This is actually pretty good. We should link hypertime on wikipedia in that last word tho, self-explanatory reasons.
  • He should have a tabber in his P&A for what has shown to work against higher dimensional being and what hasn't.
  • About Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade Mxy. That profile should be deleted, it doesn't meet out "new" standards for higher dimensions.
  • About Emperor Joker. His tier is wrong, he should be "3-A initially, ultimately 2-A". He did not understood how to fully use his power, initially reshaping the universe at his image, growing more powerful every moment via knowing how to use his powers more and lastly wanting to end it all by destroying not just the "universe -- but all that ever was and will be". This was even going to kill Joker. But before that he lost his power via not controlling them properly.
  • His durability too should be downgraded to 3-A initially and ultimately 4-B. 3-A via destroying the universe and being fine for it and 4-B via exchanging blows with Superman, who could harm him. Joker was explicitly losing gasp of his powers, so yes, being more powerful yet weaker makes sense here. Also the profile says that he "Is very nearly as durable as Mister Mxyzptlk", but that just comes out of nowhere.
  • He never uses or shows to have some of the powers his profile points out; Non-Corporeal, Higher-Dimensional Existence, Intangibility & Duplication, which should be removed.
Now, new powers/justifications for Mxy and/or E. Joker

Correct me If Im wrong, but Myx said that Joker had 99% of his power or something among those lines, I woulf said 3-A/Low 2-C would eventually become Low 1-C If the former is true as he was going to use them to "destroy everything" (As you stated in the OP), as for dura. I havent read the comic for a long time so I cant give my exact opinion, but If anything I would say that it would be better to leave it with Low 1-C dura. (Since he still got the powers, just couldnt manage them well AP wise) would eventually become 4-B based on what you said on him becoming weaker and stronger.

Should we wait for more input or is this fine to apply?

Joker does have 99% of his powers, but that doesn't mean he can use all of that as we explicitly have context supporting it. One of the first things I remember Azzy pointing out to me is how a character being empowered by something doesn't instantly mean said character being able to use/have all of that something's power.

In context, "all that ever was and will be" means infinite universes as they were mentioned before and many Earths were being shown as the Spectre was saying that.

It's not in the OP but his speed and other stats should logically be downgraded as well.

Okay. I suppose that seems to make sense, but it probably needs to be clarified in a footnote in his profile.

In regards to the image of Mxy talking to Superman, that takes place very early on in his career but he's refering lots of events yet to come because from his 5th Dimensiona perspective time doesn't mean shit.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I think 8th Grade Mxy is fine as he is.
Ignoring how it claims important stuff without giving any evidence, it lies in the one thing it does show, Mxy says that his mind became one with all 10 dimensions, under what logic would this affect all his stats? He's not a 10┬░ dimensional being, he has Nigh-Omnipresence via only his mind being one with all 10 dimensions.

Matthew Schroeder said:
In regards to the image of Mxy talking to Superman, that takes place very early on in his career but he's refering lots of events yet to come because from his 5th Dimensiona perspective time doesn't mean shit.
Well, that image does nothing to make us think that as opposed to more reasonable interpretations. I know time indeed doesn't mean sh*t to him but this isn't the way to show it.

Matthew Schroeder said:
And Emperor Joker should be Low 1-C at his peak.
I disagree. A character may not have the same tier of its power source simply due to not showing making use of the same power. Joker, by contrast, had his control over his power being breaking apart by the end of the story, ultimately defeating himself, even way before that his control over the plot & the things he was controlling heavily imply that he was digging his own grave without any provocation. I see no reason for him to be Low 1-C.

Elizhaa said:
The scan for Biological Manipulation for both: Shown here, didn't show for me so I am neutral on it as I can't see the evidence. Everthing else look fine to me.
I noticed there was nothing there and I fixed it.

Well, if Joker had a Low 1-C power source, and could effortlessly defeat the Spectre, I think that he was intended to be portrayed as similar in stature to Mxyzptlk.

Antvasima said:
Well, if Joker had a Low 1-C power source, and could effortlessly defeat the Spectre, I think that he was intended to be portrayed as similar in stature to Mxyzptlk.
The Spectre was defeated via hax, it also wasn't effortlessly and he's 2-A anyway.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Mxy is quite obviously a 10th dimensional being in the end of Cosmic Adventures.
From what I see in the profile he's just saying a lot of nonsense and we gave him an OP tier because some of what he said means he should have it. What am I missing?

Ah, ok then I'm dropping the matter. That profile should be updated tho.

I think that Emperor Joker and 8th Grade Mxyzptlk should preferably keep their tiers. At least if the latter still qualifies after our tiering system revisions.

So can you summarise what you suggest for Joker again please? I forgot the specifics. My apologies.

AP: Universe level initially (Possessed 99% of Mister Mxyzptlk's powers, from which he was able to utilize enough to initially reshape the universe at his image. Grew more powerful every moment by becoming more comfortable with his power. Later destroyed the universe and putted it back together), ultimately Multiverse level+ (By destroying the universe, he would have unraveled/annihilated not just Earth and the "universe -- but everything that is, was, or will be", which is portrayed with several of the infinite Earths there are)

Speed: Massively FTL+ combat speed and reactions (Comparable to Superma), up to Infinite attack speed (By unraveling everything that is, was, or will be)

Durability: Universe level initially (Seemengly took unharmed the destruction of the universe), ultimately Solar System level (Comparable to Superma, who could harm him)

Note: Despite having 99% of Mister Mxyzptlk's powers in the Emperor Joker storyline, Joker was unable to master all of it, repeatedly showing being rather incompetent with his abilities, slowly having his empire breaking apart because of his mental state and giving his enemies atrocious advantages which may or may not be on purpose. As such, his stats in that key come from his own feats as opposed to direct scaling to Mxyzptlk.

Okay. I suppose that seems to make sense, but you need to improve on the grammar.

Also, it would probably be good to use a "Potentially Low Complex Multiverse level" key.

Yeah I think that his true power should be "At least Multiverse level+, possibly Low Complex Multiverse level"

8th grade Mxy and Supergirl should be left alone. Specially since in that story 10th Dimensional Mxy was shown to be able to hold the entirety of the multiverse in his hands.

Also, I would say that every power E. Joker shown should be given to Myx regardless If it was only shown by the former, as it was thanks to the limited usage and control of his powers that he was able to use them.

EDIT: Except for the Anti-Life equation of course.

@Matt I'm gonna accept that as a "minimum" for now simply because I can tell that you don't have the time to evaluate this thread. I said before that I was dropping the matter with the 8th grade profiles but that they needed to be updated, because the evidence they give is insufficient for their important stats, so no they shouldn't "be left alone".

KarmodF said:
Also, I would say that every power E. Joker shown should be given to Myx regardless If it was only shown by the former, as it was thanks to the limited usage and control of his powers that he was able to use them.

EDIT: Except for the Anti-Life equation of course.
Already proposed like that for most of them in the OP, only the regen/Immortality is exusive for the Joker as their bodies operate different, to put it simply.

@Everyone I can add the accepted stuff now, I would need this profiles unlocked; Mister Mxyzptlk, The Joker & The Spectre.

What do you wish to change in the Mxyzptlk and Spectre profiles?

Powers for Mxyzptlk done by himself or scaling from E. Joker.

Resistance to mind manip for the Spectre.

Okay. I will unlock them. Tell me here when you are done.

Done with Joker, although I could make him a summary later.

Okay. I will wait with locking the page until you are done then.

Ok I think that should do it, editing the other profiles "soon".

Back