• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Misako vs Debby the Corsifa

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
So yeah... This will be an interesting matchup. I mean... Let's look at the two combatants here.

Misako: dealt with hordes of mobs, a lot if not all of them being the Yakuza, generally the average high school student otherwise.
Debby: spent a huge chunk of her time-dilated 27-year-old life mopping the floor with demons in Hell (at the bare minimum, a demon aging one year would be like a human aging seemingly 50 years), yet completely incapable of intelligence.

They both have similar AP levels, with Misako having 0.04 tons of TNT to begin with and Debby getting around 0.043 tons with stat amps. They have fairly similar stats across the board, and Debby had hit a snowball thrown at her by a girl who initially blitzed her, so I think they're up to board in the speed department.:

This match will be full-on SBA save for two factors: both girls will be starting five meters away from one another. Also, Misako's accessories are restricted. That being said, here are their profiles.:

Misako's Profile
Debby's Profile

Who takes this?

Misako: 0
Debby the Corsifa: 0
Inconclusive: 0

How likely is she to use her Fear Manipulation?
Not really that likely. Debby only thought of doing that once when she was about to get eaten by a tiger shark. The other times when she was put in a situation where she would've been boned... She would either completely shit herself:

Or realize how truly boned she is.:

Even if she were to think about using it again, Debby is so mentally inept that any amount of strategizing would legitimately make Debby do worse.

At the same time, a tiger shark is significantly weaker than Mei (first comic) and Rui (second comic), which would explain why she used it against a tiger shark, yet not the other two examples brought up.

While Misako is a bit of an airhead too, I think she's displayed she's quite the master when it comes to combat. Especially when it comes to recognizing what her other opponent will do and how to counter it, something that I think will be quite easy considering her upper eyes. Honestly, if Kyoko was in her place, I think the two would ramble on about the stupidest things all day long. Though considering the close range, if Misako can get ahead and lock her in a combo, or keep her restrained with her superior LS, I think maybe she should have a shot. I think since Misako already has a lot of experience with energy-based projectiles, plus the higher reaction speed, dodging them shouldn't be anything she can't handle. I'm not sure how well Debby fights though.

While Misako is a bit of an airhead too, I think she's displayed she's quite the master when it comes to combat. Especially when it comes to recognizing what her other opponent will do and how to counter it, something that I think will be quite easy considering her upper eyes. Honestly, if Kyoko was in her place, I think the two would ramble on about the stupidest things all day long. Though considering the close range, if Misako can get ahead and lock her in a combo, or keep her restrained with her superior LS, I think maybe she should have a shot. I think since Misako already has a lot of experience with energy-based projectiles, plus the higher reaction speed, dodging them shouldn't be anything she can't handle. I'm not sure how well Debby fights though.
Well, she had shown herself to know how basic fighting game logic works:

Plus she was able to stomp Rokurou in a fighting game when she actually went into one in Chapter 12. While fighting game characters are programmed with martial arts skills in mind (in the case of M. Bison, I don't think there's a real world equivalent of the style he used in the gameplay, I'm not sure), they are also dependent on player skill. Rokurou is nowhere near the levels of fighting game prowess you'd find in like EVO or some crap and is more like the average fighting game player. Debby did lose to being cheap-shotted by Rokurou in the game, which... Well, a fighting game player attending EVO would very much have figured out how to counter the cheap-shots Rokurou pulled off unlike Debby.

Her highlights would come later on, in Chapter 30 when she went toe to toe against five demons, three that would've somewhat dealt with her (one trying to get her with speed, one who tried to stone-wall her, and one who tried to beat her with ki blasts), and won. And in Chapter 38, she fought evenly with Diablo, who is the Commander of the Order in the demon world.

Debby had taught Rui self-defense, but I dunno how applicable that is to anything.

As for how she goes about it... She usually fared best when she went gung-ho at it.

And yes, I can certainly see more or less the same scenario happening between Debby and Kyoko; Debby is pretty much best friends with another cute and bubbly girl in the series Debby is from: Mochizuki Temari.

Well, she had shown herself to know how basic fighting game logic works:

Plus she was able to stomp Rokurou in a fighting game when she actually went into one in Chapter 12. While fighting game characters are programmed with martial arts skills in mind (in the case of M. Bison, I don't think there's a real world equivalent of the style he used in the gameplay, I'm not sure), they are also dependent on player skill. Rokurou is nowhere near the levels of fighting game prowess you'd find in like EVO or some crap and is more like the average fighting game player. Debby did lose to being cheap-shotted by Rokurou in the game, which... Well, a fighting game player attending EVO would very much have figured out how to counter the cheap-shots Rokurou pulled off unlike Debby.

I suppose that would depend on the skill-level of these fighting game characters. By Misako's logic, even though she's well aware that she's in a video game like many other characters in the series, she's still an incredibly skilled fighter in-verse. It's not something I think general genre-savviness would be able to really counter.

I suppose that would depend on the skill-level of these fighting game characters. By Misako's logic, even though she's well aware that she's in a video game like many other characters in the series, she's still an incredibly skilled fighter in-verse. It's not something I think general genre-savviness would be able to really counter.
Hmm, by the looks of it, M. Bison's tiering is described as such:

Debby making Rokurou need a top-tier character to deal with her is something, but I don't know the link between the tiering of a fighting game character and the skill level of the player.

Hmm, by the looks of it, M. Bison's tiering is described as such:

Debby making Rokurou need a top-tier character to deal with her is something, but I don't know the link between the tiering of a fighting game character and the skill level of the player.

I'm not really sure if that can be translated to a vs battle setting. It doesn't feel right to make the skill level of a fictionalized non-canon portrayal of M. Bison comparable to the real world tiering of him in Street Fighter meta.

I'm not really sure if that can be translated to a vs battle setting. It doesn't feel right to make the skill level of a fictionalized non-canon portrayal of M. Bison comparable to the real world tiering of him in Street Fighter meta.
Yeah, I too had my doubts.

So uhh... Would Debby having her AP increased by a measly 25% change anything here?:

I mean the References for Common Feats page even had the feat of freezing someone being around 25% higher than her highest AP feat.: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/References_for_Common_Feats?so=search#Freezing_a_Human

Back