• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Misaka upgrades (To Aru)

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Alright, so this calc was accepted. Hence we should upgrade Misaka's AP.

Now, upgrading her railgun to 8-A is the obvious thing. However, since we rank her Iron Sand as "High 8-C to 8-A" currently I would suggest to upgrade that too.
8-A magnetic powers in general simply appear to be consistent now. So 8-A magnetism, 7-C electricity.

Characters that scale would get corresponding upgrades. I think it's just Gunha right now (who already is 8-A), but correct me if I forget someone.

Edit. Additional Characters affected after discussion:
Kakine (If we decide to not scale him to Accel) - due to being the second strongest level 5 and stomping Mugino
Mugino (8-B, Possibly 8-A) - due to being said to have high enough output to oneshot Misaka although going that strength might destroy herself
Rensa - Due to having Misaka's ability.
Five-Over Railgun - Due to being stated that its railgun is stronger than Misaka's
Kuroyoru - Due to blocking Five-Over Railgun attack
Salome - Due to destroying and replicating Misaka's Railgun
Kinuhata (in durability to nitrogen-based attacks only) - due to tanking Kuroyoru's attacks
Touma (in durability only) - his dragon form tanked a railgun shot

Last edited:
Iffy on the scaling. Misaka’s Railgun is known to be her strongest attack. Perhaps I’m misunderstanding the OP.

Why would the calc give Iron Sand a straight rating as Railgun, if Railgun is known to be stronger than Iron Sand by virtue of being Misaka’s strongest attack?

Characters that scale would get corresponding upgrades. I think it's just Gunha right now (who already is 8-A), but correct me if I forget someone.
The Dragons also scale to it due to Kimi vs Mikoto, not sure if there's anyone else.

Also, this gives a value for Anna's low-end Dura too and think this upgrades the AAA's Railgun to a solid 8A too.

The Dragons also scale to it due to Kimi vs Mikoto, not sure if there's anyone else.
But don't the dragons have way higher AP already?
Also, this gives a value for Anna's low-end Dura too and think this upgrades the AAA's Railgun to a solid 8A too.
Oh yeah, guess the AAA would get changes.

Iffy on the scaling. Misaka’s Railgun is known to be her strongest attack. Perhaps I’m misunderstanding the OP.

Why would the calc give Iron Sand a straight rating as Railgun, if Railgun is known to be stronger than Iron Sand by virtue of being Misaka’s strongest attack?
On its own it wouldn't. However, the Iron Sand is up to 8-A anyway and is another application of her magnetism powers.

So with it being likely 8-A by its own feats and us having evidence of Misaka having an 8-A power output with another magnetism power that essentially draws from the same "powersource", it stands to reason to just rank it a solid 8-A IMO. Heck, Misaka has fired an Iron Sand Railgun before.

On its own it wouldn't. However, the Iron Sand is up to 8-A anyway and is another application of her magnetism powers.

So with it being likely 8-A by its own feats and us having evidence of Misaka having an 8-A power output with another magnetism power that essentially draws from the same "powersource", it stands to reason to just rank it a solid 8-A IMO. Heck, Misaka has fired an Iron Sand Railgun before.
Well, sounds reasonable but… what makes Railgun (alone) stronger than Iron Sand (alone) then?

Is there a statement or something that Misaka uses the same output for all her attacks?

Well, sounds reasonable but… what makes Railgun (alone) stronger than Iron Sand (alone) then?

Is there a statement or something that Misaka uses the same output for all her attacks?
I mean, the question is not whether she does use the same output, but whether she can use the same output. And since both are applications of the same abilities, I would say she can. Or at least a very comparable one.

The Railgun is mostly considered Misaka's strongest move since it puts lots of power into a small object giving it lots of penetration power. You know, same way we consider bullets stronger than jackhammers, even at comparable energies. (IIRC Misaka herself doesn't even consider it her most useful technique, preferring the iron sand)

Ok, then the calc blog is separating piercing damage from the magnesium output, or in other words, calculating the force on the coin 🪙 used to cause 8-A damage? (Tho, my brain isn’t seeing it detailed in the calculation)

Then yeah, I agree to scaling Iron Sand with Railgun.

I mean, i think we shouldn't just scale, it should be "up to 8A with magnetism" cause her iron sand still has it's weaker applications and even her railgun can have it's power "held back" as she did against Gunha in the LN.

I mean, i think we shouldn't just scale, it should be "up to 8A with magnetism" cause her iron sand still has it's weaker applications and even her railgun can have it's power "held back" as she did against Gunha in the LN.
While, yes, we don't really use "up to" to specify that a character can use weaker attacks. Most characters can do that.
Ok, then the calc blog is separating piercing damage from the magnesium output, or in other words, calculating the force on the coin 🪙 used to cause 8-A damage? (Tho, my brain isn’t seeing it detailed in the calculation)

Then yeah, I agree to scaling Iron Sand with Railgun.
No, the calc blog is simply electromagnetic energy, which is why Misaka should be able to use the same electromagnetic energy output for her iron sand.

What I said regarding piercing damage was to explain why the railgun is in-universe typically considered stronger. It isn't considered stronger because Misaka can for some level put more energy into that than into other magnetism, but because it's a more efficient application of the same energy amount.

For our purposes, the AP of both should simply be 8-A.

No, the calc blog is simply electromagnetic energy, which is why Misaka should be able to use the same electromagnetic energy output for her iron sand.

What I said regarding piercing damage was to explain why the railgun is in-universe typically considered stronger. It isn't considered stronger because Misaka can for some level put more energy into that than into other magnetism, but because it's a more efficient application of the same energy amount.

For our purposes, the AP of both should simply be 8-A.
Ok, this is further confusing me. The calc from Railgun isn’t calculating the destruction caused by the piercing damage?

Vaporization

Understood. I agree with the scaling.

misaka-mikoto-misaka.gif

¯\(ツ)
Do as you want. Personally I will just keep bumping until a thread mod or admin appears.

Can’t we calc that Railgun? It should be CONSIDERABLY more powerful than her regular ones.
Pretty hard to tell how fast it was going and obviously can't just use the same speed as for her firing a coin.
Also problems regarding canon.

Pretty hard to tell how fast it was going and obviously can't just use the same speed as for her firing a coin.
Also problems regarding canon.
You could measure the distance between her and the missiles (missiles right?) and use the timeframe given for the object reaching them. That would be speed

Using the mass of the object is easy since Misaka can be used as reference.

As for canon, well it doesn’t contradict her power levels. She’s arguably shown similar feats.

You could measure the distance between her and the missiles (missiles right?) and use the timeframe given for the object reaching them. That would be speed
Looking at the episode.... pretty sure we never really get a shot that allows us to measure that distance.

In fact, we can't even use the machine size to scale the moved distance, since it instantly turns into a fireball...

As for canon, well it doesn’t contradict her power levels. She’s arguably shown similar feats.
That... doesn't really matter. We don't really use non-canon stuff that is consistent either.

Back