• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mirio (MHA) vs Neo (RWBY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently it was stated by Monty that Neo could beat Mercury who is High 8-C. (Or at least, that's what I've heard)

Ah, that makes sense then.

Can we use that rather than her beating Yang as the justification then?

Is everyone assuming that Neo will win via illusions only?

I don't think that's all that accurate, honestly. Considering that when Mirio goes intangible, he has no real senses and has to operate based upon memory, and whatever internalized sixth sense he has. And he blitzed multiple people in class 1A in spite of this.

Illusions don't actually help Neo get around intangibility. Mirio is a somewhat cautious fighter, and still rather intelligent, and would certainly catch on. Not to mention that he can use his "teleportation" to immediately move to different places, which would throw off what Neo is trying to do depending on where he ends up. Being caught in an illusion doesn't negate his intangibility either. And he's more than intelligent enough to be able to adapt in a fight. Considering he fought a guy who could literally kill him with a touch, I think it's safe to say that he would be very cautious here.

This seems more like inconclusive to me.

Those senses don't help when he sees where the opponents are before hand and then memorizes where they are to fight, it's great visual memory, but it does not help with illusions.

Mario Togata isn't an incredibly perfect fighter, he's good, but not perfect to where he can see where an attack is coming from before it is done or before he even knows where the real Neo is.

I mean, spending an entire fight preventing oneself from getting one shot is a rather great feat. And illusions on their own still don't bypass intangibility. It's not like one punch is going to knock him out. Even if a sneak attack does work, he's likely to instinctively turn intangible and figure out that his opponent is playing some kind of trick on him. Prompting him to rely less on his eyes and mix up his movement, which makes it very hard for Neo to tag him.

Mirio's intangibility isnt passive, he has to actively use it, and he doesnt have instinctive reactions to know to turn intangible in order to dodge an attack he doesnt know is coming

That's not a good feat for this fight. Chisaki was someone he can see coming, he can see Chisaki's hand rushing towards him, he isn't going to see Neo's attacks.

@Weekly

That's literally not what I said. I said one punch wouldn't knock him out, and that he would likely turn intangible and be more on guard after that.

@Rusty

I mean, going a whole fight without getting hit once when you're a melee fighter is a rather incredible feat. Even the most skilled martial artists take blows.

Also, can I get a link to see her use her illusions please. I just watched her fight vs Yang, and she didn't seem to use her illusions, and only teleported at the very end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back