• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Miraak vs Acnologia

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gargoyle no not really, his regen is High-low it can be overtaxed- ripping off his head, destroying like 50% off his body ala Igneel should put him down

OK let me clarify that:

• Fire Breath, Frost Breath, Sparks, Cyclone: Acno ate 3 out of these 4 elements against the dragonslayers
  • Bend Will: see Future Rogue
  • Whirlwind Sprint: pretty sure speed equalization nullifies this
  • Dragon Aspect: *laughs in DRAGON SLAYER magic
  • Unrelenting Force: standard shockwaves, nothing Acno never faced before
Uncertain about Become Ethereal and Dragon Soul Absorption though. I mean how does Dragon Soul Absorption work against a guy who became a dragon, but still not a true dragon, since he is not born as one?

well I mean... out of 10 techniques of Miraak listed, Acno already resists 8, while Ethereal is said to have time limit, while Soul Absorption is ambiguous

Byakushiki Setsura said:
OK let me clarify that:

1: That was high 6-B Acno

2: Don't compare fodder such as Rougue to Miraak and the Bend Will shout. Bend Will works on a was higher caliber than anything Acno gas resisted

3: Idk about that actually

4: Dragon Aspect doesn't turn Miraak into a Dragon or anything. Just gives him Dragon like abilities so Dragon Slayer magic is irrelevant here.

5: Standard Shockwaves? Really? You obviously haven't played Skyrim before. That's some serious down play.

Acno cannot counter Become Ethereal and I'm not sure about Miraak's soul manip.

Acno' resistance to magic isn't specific to any of his forms, the only real difference between high 6B Acno and 6c Acnologia is his power and his BFR. The bend will thing idk, Acno has resisted Mind manipulation b4 but while Future Rogue isn't as powerful as these 2 his mind manipulation still allowed him to control 7 dragons all of which were superior to him so imo that really shouldn't matter. Unless I'm making a mistake, the Dragon Aspect doesn't seem much different from dragon slaying magic (pls let me know if I'm wrong)

4 and 5: yeah, I haven't. A better explanation of these moves is appreciated.

1 and 2: you know, you actually have a point. Acno is so above the rest of FTverse in AP that it doesn't make a good argument for him eating something of his caliber

@David That's a fair point. The Bend will shout is debatable tbh. As for the Dragon Aspect shout that acts more like statistics amplification more than anything.

Soul absorption works only on dragons and this is Human Acnologia so that is irrelevant.

Honestly this is a quite random match up where magic is really weak on Acnologia and blasts are worthless on the other side this dude has some useful regen and can dodge more relevant attacks with becoming intangible when necessary but he can't do anything ethier like that.

Take me for inconclusive here.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
If neither of them have any advantages I could always switch it to Aldui.
Alduin just spams low godly regen

Might I add lore wise him and dovahkiin were equally matched and this was endgame Dovahkiin (who had all the shouts, etc.) and the only reason Miraak died is because Hermaeus Mora intervened

According to TES lore the TES verse is a song and shouting is the act of inserting notes into the song; so shouts are basically small scale reality warping.

Delta3000 said:
According to TES lore the TES verse is a song and shouting is the act of inserting notes into the song; so shouts are basically small scale reality warping.
I think verse equalization would make the whole "world built by notes" thing a bit dodgy. Magic works differently in almost every fictional universe, but when they come together they work similarly. Even in-game shouts have the exact same effects as magic, and can even by blocked by magic, so magic and shouting are compatible enough for both to be considered the same thing in the end of the day.

They aren't compatible at all since the Th'um, while producing the same effects as magic, doesn't require any form of supernatural energy to function unlike FT magic; FT magic would actually be verse equalized to TES magic due to having more similarities with it.

Shouts are magic (it is specifically stated in game), but they are a type of magic that can only be used by uttering specific words in the dragon language. Furthermore, elemental shouts are weakened by elemental magic resistance in skyrim. Therefore, they can be nullified by magic resistance unless they have a specific reason not to be, like (possibly) bend will, dragon aspect, and become ethereal (though I would like to point out that he can't attack while using become ethereal). I'm voting inconclusive.

The game contradicts itself and the deeper lore says that magic and shouts are different, so i'm inclined to go with the lore on this one. The fire elemental resistance also reduces the damage taken from the fire pot oil traps which are mundane in nature meaning the elemental resistances don't just protect against magical sources of damage. Furthermore some of Miraak's apparel is enchanted with a specific resistance to shouts indicating there is a difference.

"The fire elemental resistance also reduces the damage taken from the fire pot oil traps which are mundane in nature meaning the elemental resistances don't just protect against magical sources of damage"

Yeah, well, this is true, but I don't see how that helps your points. Fire resistance means fire resistance. Just like Frost resistance means frost resistance, and shock resistance means shock resistance.

It means that shouts and magic interacting the same way with the elemental resistances doesn't make them the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back