• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Excorist's and Sorcerer's: Yu Kanda vs Yuta Okkotsu

Both are at Low 7-C, JJK0 Yuta is being used.

Winner via defeat of the opponent (no killing allowed.)

Speed is equalized.

Battle takes place in Shibuya.

Yuta: 0

Kanda: 0

Incon: 0

If you have a VS Battles Wiki account you can still post on the FC/OC Vs Battles Wiki Fourms as they use the same website for VS debates. This is a common accident

Just copy and paste this match and move it to the VS Battles Wiki section

If you have a VS Battles Wiki account you can still post on the FC/OC Vs Battles Wiki Fourms as they use the same website for VS debates. This is a common accident.
This isn't on FC/OC. This is on Vs Battles wiki. I'm really not sure what you mean whenever I'm looking directly on the vs Battles wiki page for this thread. Are you seeing something different?

Aight that's weird as he'll, I can't recall posting in the FC/OC section but I'll have this thread moved to the appropriate section.

I'm familiar with Yuta but don't know anything about Yu. He seems pretty kitted out in P+A, what's his fighting style like and how does he use those illusions?

I'm familiar with Yuta but don't know anything about Yu. He seems pretty kitted out in P+A.
Most of that only works on things like spiritual entities so Yuta himself would be fine but Innocence would cause fundamental damage to Rika.
what's his fighting style like and how does he use those illusions?
Kanda uses swordsmanship, such as various schooling of swordsmanship, and his illusions are physical. They're used to amp his stats to blitz and one shot levels.

As far as sword skill goes Yuta's pretty unimpressive, so if he tries engaging in a sword fight it won't go well for him, his ce control was also not its best during vol 0.

Rika's probably his best bet here with any copied ct he has but its only Cursed Speech and he also isn't very good with that.

Yu really just needs his amps here and he kills Yuta within a short time just off sword skill and amps. Voting Yu.

As far as sword skill goes Yuta's pretty unimpressive, so if he tries engaging in a sword fight it won't go well for him, his ce control was also not its best during vol 0.

Rika's probably his best bet here with any copied ct he has but its only Cursed Speech and he also isn't very good with that.

Yu really just needs his amps here and he kills Yuta within a short time just off sword skill and amps. Voting Yu.
I wouldn't call Yuta skills unimpressive, he manage to stand against Geto using the Playful Cloud, an special grade tool that manages to maximize the user strength

Also, Yu would essentially be fighting two opponents with Rika and Yuta (And i don't think Volume 0 Rika has the 5 minutes timer limit of later on)

Besides that Yuta can also use reversed curse energy to heal himself in the long term

Finally, the special grade soccer has an pretty big AP advantage: While Yu is responsible for an 1.45 kilotons final attack feat Yuta scales to either casual's 1.72 and 2.95 kilotons feats.

Having said all of that, would be cool to have the opinion of an JJK supporter

OBS: I also noticed that the rules of the match demand no killing

I wouldn't call Yuta skills unimpressive, he manage to stand against Geto using the Playful Cloud, an special grade tool that manages to maximize the user strength
That has nothing to do with skill?

Also, Yu would essentially be fighting two opponents with Rika and Yuta (And i don't think Volume 0 Rika has the 5 minutes timer limit of later on)
Doesn't matter much, both aren't very good in skill to overwhelm Yu here.

Finally, the special grade soccer has an pretty big AP advantage: While Yu is responsible for an 1.45 kilotons final attack feat Yuta scales to either casual's 1.72 and 2.95 kilotons feats.
And Yu scales to 2.9 Kilotons and can amp himself even further from that much more than Yuta can.

Having said all of that, would be cool to have the opinion of an JJK supporter
I am a jjk supporter lmao.

Just noticed this but Yuta's healing in vol 0 isn't good like it was in Culling Games, Yu's explosion manipulation would end the fight once he decides on using it, he'd land a slash on Yuta, Yuta being unaware of it would just try healing but end up getting exploded and killing him.

Also not sure if this key that's being used for Yu has exploding spirit slash.

Outside of that none of Yu's offensive hax from Innocence would effect Yuta as he isn't a evil / spiritual entity but it'd effect Rika just fine.

The issue with Low 7-C Kanda is that we don't know if he has access to 2nd and 3rd Illusions whilst in this key. We aren't given anything which implies that he does, and in fact, the surrounding context can be argued to imply the opposite (with Kanda training and getting stronger from the Suman Dark Arc to the Noah's Ark Arc). It's because of this that I wouldn't personally say that Kanda has access to his 2nd and 3rd Illusions in this key, which only leaves him with 1st Illusion, which only summons netherworld creatures to home and attack the opponent.

This doesn't mean that Kanda can't win this match, it's just harder for him to win it. I'll remain neutral until I see more arguments for Yuta since I already know what Kanda's wincons are.

Yuta might actually take it with this key of Kanda tbh. To my knowledge he doesn't have the higher end Mugen amps and he hasn't learned exploding spirit cut as far as I'm aware.

Although Innocence would be a major problem to Rika and if Yuta loses her he loses a large chunk of his abilities.

His combat ability is pretty good but when it comes to actual skill regarding swordplay, he pales in comparison to anyone with real training. Yeah he can swing a sword but he was never taught proper form and stance like other swordsman do. JJK has a real problem when it comes to martial skill
Besides that Yuta can also use reversed curse energy to heal himself in the long term

And with this, I think it makes clear that Yuta again has no reason to need real skill, he can just power through it with AP difference and RCT.

I don't even think he needs Rika in this fight, unless it drags on for a long time and he runs low on CE.

Voting Yuta

Back