• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Tatsumaki Upgrade: Changing Lifting Strength Calc

Status
Not open for further replies.
MINOR TATSUMAKI LS CRT
Tatsumaki's lifting strength is currently listed as 2.92e+15 kg (class P) according to this calc based on events in chapter 133, however, another calc was made and accepted by Therefir which places Tatsumaki's lifting strength at 1.155e+16 kg (still class P) based on this panel nearer to the end of chapter 133. Since both calculations have been accepted, I would suggest instead linking Tatsumaki's lifting strength to the 1.155e+16kg cloud soil calc.

Perhaps more contentiously, I would suggest referencing Murata's comment that Tatsumaki could lift Z-city in the lifting strength description. Now that Tatsumaki has class P lifting strength, this is no longer an outlier statement and it would be worth mentioning(while it may not be WoG, it is still a statement from Murata). Murata's comment: "[Evil Eye's] power is multi-building level and its only purpose is to show how strong Tatsumaki is. Evil Eye can lift buildings at most while Tatsumaki can lift the entire Z-City." Full context here: https://onepunchman.fandom.com/wiki/Interviews/Stream_Q/A_4#26.2F8.2F2018. To demonstrate why this comment makes sense, I will do a rough calculation right here.

Assuming Z city has a diameter of 135.2km as listed on the OPM verse page and the city's depth is 1 km, we can use a cylindrical formula/πr^2h to approximate the city's weight. Multiplying the resulting 14356.32 km^2 volume by earth crust's density of 2.8^12 kg/m^3, we get a result of 4.0197696e+16 kg, or about 4 times the coast lift's weight. Assuming the accepted 1.155e+16kg calc is not Tatsumaki's absolute limit and that this calc does not show the entirety of the coast lift, Tatsumaki should be able to lift Z City. This is especially true if we factor in the hollowness the Monster Association introduces.

Link Lifting Strength to 1.155e+16 kg calc
For: Qawsed, AKMsama
Neutral:
Against:

Include "may be able to lift Z city"
For:
Neutral: Qawsed, AKMsama
Against:

Last edited:
That is a good question that I would also like answered.

As for the city calc, I am not suggesting that my calculation be used as it is somewhat rough around the edges. But I did not intend for it to be used, I only did the math to illustrate that Tatsumaki's current feats are nearly comparable to lifting Z City and that the math bears out Murata's previous statement to an impressively near degree (especially considering he certainly did not calculate the lifting strength of these feats). Since the statement is no longer an outlier, I feel it would be worth writing her lifting strength as follows:

"Unknown physically, Class P with telekinesis, may be able to lift Z City (lifted several hundred km of coastline)"

I agree with linking the calc and neutral about linking the statement as a supporting evidence.

I'll say that while waiting for the manga to catch up would make it better, Murata is taking forever with these redraws so I'll say it now.
Saitama flipped what was left of City Z and the Monster base so hard Garou was thrown in the air to the point he couldn't see the ground, which should be an at least comparable feat.
Further on that, when Tatsumaki tried throwing Saitama into space, she couldn't and said he was really heavy, with him not even really doing much when she tried. Granted, she was weakened, but presumably less so than with blood leaking from her eyeballs in this current fight.

I'll say that while waiting for the manga to catch up would make it better, Murata is taking forever with these redraws so I'll say it now.
Saitama flipped what was left of City Z and the Monster base so hard Garou was thrown in the air to the point he couldn't see the ground, which should be an at least comparable feat.
Further on that, when Tatsumaki tried throwing Saitama into space, she couldn't and said he was really heavy, with him not even really doing much when she tried. Granted, she was weakened, but presumably less so than with blood leaking from her eyeballs in this current fight.
That "feat" by Tatsumaki could change in the manga. No guarantees things play out the same now.

That's two for implementing the higher level calc. If there's no one opposed in here, I'll give everyone another day to make their comments and then I'll reroute the class P to the 1.155e+ 16kg calc.

As for including "being able to lift Z City" in the LS description, I will wait for some staff members express support for it before I implement that

Garou was thrown in the air to the point he couldn't see the ground, which should be an at least comparable feat
Garou couldn't see the ground because he was looking the wrong way. He noted Saitama had disoriented him. So he was looking up and not down in that instance.

Further on that, when Tatsumaki tried throwing Saitama into space, she couldn't and said he was really heavy, with him not even really doing much when she tried.
Initially I was going to bring this up as supporting evidence, but it may not be. Saitama has willpower TK resistance, which combined with Tornado's weakened states makes full scaling extremely questionable.

Though as a note narratively he would of course be stronger, it's just that we try and avoid doing that since it's very easy to highball Saitama profile wise with that mentality.

Yeah Saitama's LS wouldn't really matter against TK anyway. I do think him just being repeatedly stated both in and out of universe to be the strongest thing there is by a lot is enough grounds for a "possibly Class P"

What Qawsedf and AKM have accepted can probably be applied.

Should I unlock the Tatsumaki profile page?

Whoever edits it has to know what he or she is doing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back