• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Solrock addition

Kepekley23

VS Battles
Retired
Since Solrock is rumored to have come from the Sun, shouldn't it get a possible natural resistance to heat manip in the order of 5,500+ degrees Celsius?

├ü propos, what is our take on "it is rumored to" Pokédex entries?

My stance is in-universe legends/rumors can be added as possibilities/likey as long as they're not outlandish or obvious hyperbole.

In this case, I think it's fine.

There's (basically) no such thing as Heat Resistance to begin with, but we still treat it that way

On the topic of minor Solrock additions, is it acceptable to use non-game Pokedex entries, such as from the anime or manga?

"Solrock, the Meteorite Pokémon. Solrock has the ability to read its opponent's minds. It attacks by rotating quickly while giving off and intense heat." (Clarifies it can read minds, not merely sense what they're thinking.)

"Solrock, the Meteorite Pokémon. Sunlight is the only source of Solrock's power. It can float silently through the air." ("Only" might be hyperbole, since Solrock might get energy from food, but that's unconfirmed, AFAIK. Either way, a restriction on energy sources may be another weakness to add. Also, the page neglects to mention its ability to move silently.)

Nonetheless, if Heat Resistance is valid to add to a profile in general, & we've reason to believe Solrock in fact WASN'T bothered by the sun's heat (Supposing the rumours were true.), then I'm fine with it.

I mean, in theory, it might've travelled through space to get away from the sun's heat, but that's unconfirmed, but we also know little about Solrock's stance on being close to the sun. It does absorb the energy, though, so I suppose that supports it not minding the sun? Albeit, the sunlight that it'd get on Earth is much less of the heat & energy, but to be powered by it & actively seek it out still indicates it probably doesn't mind it.

Back