• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, so currently we list Rhino and the upper Spiderman villains at High 8-C+ scaling from Mettle's durability, however Rhino does have a feat of shrugging off Iron Man's Model 9 repulsor blasts and in the same comic Iron Man couldn't engage him in close combat, requiring knock out gas to take him out. The wiki currently lists Model 9 as "At least 8-B to 8-A+" now I don't know if Rhino should scale to 8-A+ (though it did take all of the armour's strength just to briefly restrain him in the comic) but Rhino should at least scale to the lower end, which would bump him to "At least 8-B". This in turn would scale to the upper class Spiderman villains like Hammerhead, Carnage, Sandman etc. and the likes of Luke Cage. Spiderman should also be bumped to "8-B" since he can physically harm the Rhino and has even beaten him to unconsciousness.

The feat in question is taken from Iron Man vol.1 #238

This is a pretty big CRT ngl.

Impress might be offline for a while, and she usually with this side of marvel, so you might have to wait for a bit.

I love the lack of scans in the OP itself

The fight is 3 pages total, Iron Man isn't actively trying to murder Rhino or anything, he fires a double repulsor (something usable at low potencies; Iron Man isn't going MAX ******* POWER at the beginner blow) and after that fails, takes a single hit (seemingly unaffected) and then switches to using an alternate strat.

Only claim in the entire fight is that Model 9 needs to use more strength choking out the Rhino, which fair enough, Iron Man has never BEEN an LS dude and our files reflect it.

I don't see any upgrade here tbh, just misunderstanding on how Attack Potency functions, and hell, how Iron Man functions, a big deal about his armors is the potencies he is using them in, which is rarely maximal.

And like, even ignoring that, considering fuckall damage done by the Rhino, it's downscaling hard from Model 9's 8-B, and lists back to High 8-C+, and yet still this issue just has... garbage understanding of Rhino's powers as he's defeated by FIRE.

You're better off listing Hulk fights tbh lol

so you aren't going to upgrade these characters to tier 8-B, understandable.

what about Rhino's fights with the Hulk and Joe Fixit, wouldn't he scale to tier 6 then ?

Does he ever actually hurt Hulk? II've read a lot of Hulk vs Rhino stories and most of them end in Hulk either stomping Rhino or Rhino giving up and leaving Hulk alone.

Does he ever actually hurt Hulk? I've read a lot of Hulk vs Rhino stories and most of them end in Hulk either stomping Rhino or Rhino giving up and leaving Hulk alone.

Rhino beat the Gray Hulk in Hulk #378, knocked him out in Hulk #157 and had an inconclusive fight with him in Hulk #124 in all of these fights he was clearly taking punches and harming him with physical blows. There was another feat in which he fought Hulk for days before eventually losing. Idk if all of this is consistent tho.

There is also doc Sampson feat iirc. And the one where he one punches early Nova into the orbit. (I think orbit punching is higher than 8c - could be wrong tho)

But personally it just feels too outliery for me. I mean sure, Rhino might actually be strong af (heck, he hurt extremely weak Jugs who took a hit or so from WWH and survived), but that will create an insane loop in the scaling chain and it will mess up the rating big time and most won't make sense.

I can see Luke Cage being above tier 8 but the rest... Eh, I don't personally think so.

Rhino has pretty consistent feats against High 6-C bricks, but the problem is he is firstly a Spiderman villain. Maybe a "At least High 8-C possibly High 6-C" ?

so you aren't going to upgrade these characters to tier 8-B, understandable.

what about Rhino's fights with the Hulk and Joe Fixit, wouldn't he scale to tier 6 then ?
Do you believe Iron Man, Spider-Man, and all the other characters you mentioned in the OP, are Tier 6?

Do you believe Iron Man, Spider-Man, and all the other characters you mentioned in the OP, are Tier 6?

Idk you suggested those fights in the first place, Rhino has at least 4 instances of knocking out/ beating High 6-C people, some of them aren't even from old comics. Personally the tiering "At least High 8-C possibly higher / High 6-C" could work.

And Spider-Man has dozens of instances of fighting Rhino. He's even mentioned that he could knock him out in a single punch before. By this logc, Spider-Man himself is High 6-C and thus most of his gallery would scale.

And Spider-Man has dozens of instances of fighting Rhino. He's even mentioned that he could knock him out in a single punch before. By this logc, Spider-Man himself is High 6-C and thus most of his gallery would scale.

Spiderman tends to one shot his villains pretty badly when he stops holding back even the stronger ones like Venom or Carnage have gotten whoopped.

Idk you suggested those fights in the first place
As a joke
Rhino has at least 4 instances of knocking out/ beating High 6-C people
Vs. how many instances of getting harmed by High 8-Cs? Hell even lower tiers? Because he has been a Daredevil villain once or twice too, mind you.
Personally the tiering "At least High 8-C possibly higher / High 6-C" could work.
Meh I feel this'll just turn comics scaling into an unusable shit show.

It'll actually be "At least 9-B, possibly High 6-C" because Rhino has had feats as low as 9-B fairly consistently, and the same logic can be extended to anything tho, no? :v

Like I get what you're saying, I just think it'll look fugly, and spirals into worse shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back