• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics Rhino CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, before anyone wants to bring up the fact that he’s a Spider-Man villain, keep in mind Peter is scared of him and acknowledges that rhino is far far stronger than most Spider-Man villains(Also, Rhino is a hulk villain a good bit of the time, him being a Spider-Man villain shouldn’t have any effect on his tiering)

IMG_2188.jpg

Now, onto the actual CRT part

Rhino consistently fights Green Hulk, Grey Hulk, She-Hulk, Doc Samson, Thing, etc. and is roughly as strong as them for the most part, able to last long fights against them

Samson compares his strength to The Hulk’s strength

IMG_2200.webp

His Horn pierced Grey Hulk’s flesh(Incredible Hulk Vol 1 378, I think?)

IMG_2199.webp

Fought (green) Hulk for days, remained conscious to the end(Incredible Hulk Vol 1 157)

IMG_2209.webp

IMG_2210.webp

Fight Hulk again, tanks Hulk faceplanting Rhino and Punching him(Incredible Hulk Vol 1 104)

IMG_2204.webp

IMG_2205.webp

Hurts the Thing

IMG_2197.webp

Samson’s punches don’t really do that much damage to him

IMG_2211.webp

In conclusion, Rhino should have 5-B AP(and durability).

Last edited:
Rhino at the very least should have herald scaling with his horn, I'll agree to that much since I heard also stabbed Juggernaut once with it.

Rhino at the very least should have herald scaling with his horn, I'll agree to that much since I heard also stabbed Juggernaut once with it.
I would’ve posted a scan of him stabbing juggernaut too, but it was a suitless juggernaut and I heard he was weakened(not sure if that’s entirely true tho), so I figured it’d be best not to

Well, that's a very high Tier variation, High 8-C to 5-B? I can see his horn having this Tier.

As for durability, it's very common for Rhino to take some damage before he falls. He's a tank character. But you will also see street tier characters taking him down. So I'm not sure for durability.

Spider-Man Vs Rhino

Scan 1, Scan 2, Scan 3

Daredevil Vs Rhino

Scan 1

Spider-Man (Miles) Vs Rhino

Scan 1

Luke Cage Vs Rhino

Scan 1

Rhino is not a 5-B character. That's kinda obvious from the fact that it's been decades since he became a Spider-Man villain, being consistently Tier 8.
Rhino is not a tier 8 character. That's kinda obvious from the fact that he’s been a hulk villain various times for decades, being consistently on par with him.

also you posted 6 scans compared to my 9 Do I even need to say why Spider-Man knocking out rhino is an outlier? Rhino is consistently >>>>> Spider-Man in strength and has been for like the last 40 years. 3rd scan for Spider-Man also had Cap seemingly holding back Hulk with his shield so :frug: do you think that scan is very reliable?

Well, that's a very high Tier variation, High 8-C to 5-B? I can see his horn having this Tier.

As for durability, it's very common for Rhino to take some damage before he falls. He's a tank character. But you will also see street tier characters taking him down. So I'm not sure for durability.
I don’t disagree with you that heavily about this so that’s fine

5-B horn is good enough

Rhino is not a tier 8 character. That's kinda obvious from the fact that he’s been a hulk villain various times for decades, being consistently on par with him.
But he isn't anymore. When was the last time he was a Hulk villain before they moved him to being a Spider-Man villain?
Do I even need to say why Spider-Man knocking out rhino is an outlier?
Well, then I call this bullshit. Spider-Man consistently harms Rhino, Rhino is HIS villain since decades. That's obviously not an outlier.
Rhino is consistently >>>>> Spider-Man in strength and has been for like the last 40 years.
I very much doubt this, I mean, that's obvviously not true as one of Spidey's most famous stories are Death Of The Captain America where he overpowers Rhino in strength and that's what actually is consistent.
3rd scan for Spider-Man also had Cap seemingly holding back Hulk with his shield
Something very common for Captain America with his shield.
do you think that scan is very reliable?
Yeah.

But he isn't anymore. When was the last time he was a Hulk villain before they moved him to being a Spider-Man villain?

Well, then I call this bullshit. Spider-Man consistently harms Rhino, Rhino is HIS villain since decades. That's obviously not an outlier.

I very much doubt this, I mean, that's obvviously not true as one of Spidey's most famous stories are Death Of The Captain America where he overpowers Rhino in strength and that's what actually is consistent.

Something very common for Captain America with his shield.

Yeah.
“Well, then I call this bullshit. Spider-Man consistently harms Rhino, Rhino is HIS villain since decades. That's obviously not an outlier.”

this is just blatantly false, Spider-Man almost never hurts rhino like at all, he even admits to always winning via prep or luck

Also respond to my discord ping 🦕

this is just blatantly false, Spider-Man almost never hurts rhino like at all, he even admits to always winning via prep or luck
You have one scan of Spidey saying this Vs decades of content about Spidey whooping Rhino's ass.

You have one scan of Spidey saying this Vs decades of content about Spidey whooping Rhino's ass.
I have one scan of pete saying that, about 5 scans of Pete almost breaking his hand punching rhino(see the discord server 🦕), and various other scans of Rhino being fine after taking punches from people way stronger than Pete compared to your 3 scans(from the same story arc 🗿)

Disagree, for every feat of trading blows with Hulk or such, there are a hundred more where he struggles to instantly obliterate Spider-Man, which would be the case if he were so much stronger.

"High 8-C, at most 5-B" doesn't work, it will need to be like "High 8-C physically, up to 5-B with his horn" or something similar.

Last edited:
Disagree, for every feat of trading blows with Hulk or such, there are a hundred more where he struggles to instantly obliterate Spider-Man, which would be the case if he were so much stronger.
You say this, but is he ever really trying to kill spidey? The only fights I’ve seen between him and spidey, Rhino isn’t trying to kill him(in the one scan I posted above of Peter being scared of rhino, rhino just ran off after beating Peter, it’s not like he was trying to kill him)

You say this, but is he ever really trying to kill spidey? The only fights I’ve seen between him and spidey, Rhino isn’t trying to kill him(in the one scan I posted above of Peter being scared of rhino, rhino just ran off after beating Peter, it’s not like he was trying to kill him)
Unironically yes, in Fallen Son: The Death of Captain America #4, Spider-Man broke the gravestone of Rhino's mother and he was explicitly trying to beat Spider-Man to death only for Spider-Man to win cuz... Uncle Ben

Like seriously look at THIS and tell me it's not 101% bloodlusted

Not to mention Spidey beating Rhino to a pulp in the Marvel Knights storyline and 5-B Spider-Man is more consistent

Spider-Man Vs Rhino

Scan 1, Scan 2, Scan 3

Daredevil Vs Rhino

Scan 1

Spider-Man (Miles) Vs Rhino

Scan 1

Luke Cage Vs Rhino

Scan 1

Rhino is not a 5-B character. That's kinda obvious from the fact that it's been decades since he became a Spider-Man villain, being consistently Tier 8.
^^^Yeah, I disagree with this CRT. He does have a handful of Thing-tier feats, but he hasn’t been portrayed on that level in decades.

He’s never been depicted as being able to one-hit-kill Spider-Man in their fights, and Spidey is able to damage him with repeated blows. The gap between them isn’t that big.

The most I could agree with is 5-B horn if it doesn’t have any Anti-Feats.

^^^Yeah, I disagree with this CRT. He does have a handful of Thing-tier feats, but he hasn’t been portrayed on that level in decades.

He’s never been depicted as being able to one-hit-kill Spider-Man in their fights, and Spidey is able to damage him with repeated blows. The gap between them isn’t that big.

Just gonna note this in case anyone says “he was wearing the Black Suit”

The original Black Suit didn’t actually amplify Peter’s power. Venom even confirms this himself. It’s one of many misconceptions made about the Black Suit that are more commonly used in adaptations of Spider-Man

Just gonna note this in case anyone says “he was wearing the Black Suit”

The original Black Suit didn’t actually amplify Peter’s power. Venom even confirms this himself. It’s one of many misconceptions made about the Black Suit that are more commonly used in adaptations of Spider-Man
That's janky though because Venom also later implies that it does make Spidey stronger in the Red Goblin Story Arc. Maybe that was a more recent thing only in the comics but at some point Venom did end up making Spidey stronger even if it didn't at first.

That's janky though because Venom also later implies that it does make Spidey stronger in the Red Goblin Story Arc. Maybe that was a more recent thing only in the comics but at some point Venom did end up making Spidey stronger even if it didn't at first.
No, it’s not janky one bit

Spider-Man only becomes stronger through the Black Suit later since it bonded with Eddie. The Symbiote grew in strength after that point since Brock was continuing to train while having Peter’s powers stacked on top of him. Essentially, upon rebonding, Peter was using a stronger Symbiote

So no, it’s not jank. Venom’s statement about it never making Peter stronger holds up

No, it’s not janky one bit

Spider-Man only becomes stronger through the Black Suit later since it bonded with Eddie. The Symbiote grew in strength after that point since Brock was continuing to train while having Peter’s powers stacked on top of him. Essentially, upon rebonding, Peter was using a stronger Symbiote

So no, it’s not jank. Venom’s statement about it never making Peter stronger holds up
In that case remind me to eventually slap a higher with the Black Suit on 616 Spidey after it had bonded with Brock for awhile.

This thread should probably be closed, but, as is it not yet, I’d like to bring to light the fact that Rhino’s face is specifically much less durable than his suit-covered body(as evident in his fight with Captain America in Captain America (1998) #9-10), and, as far as I can tell, most the time an angry Peter has hurt rhino, it has been by hitting him in face.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back