• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Mega Man Buff.

Should we give Mega Man at least partial time paradox immunity, as in Mega Man II if you are killed by Quint, quint seems uneffected. I donno, just seemed worth mentioning.

The Smashor said:
Should we give Mega Man at least partial time paradox immunity, as in Mega Man II if you are killed by Quint, quint seems uneffected. I donno, just seemed worth mentioning.
What....

Mega Man doesn't canonically die so it's irrelevant.

Besides, it's possible that he's from an alternate timeline anyways.

What Prom said.

Mega doesn't canonically die in any of his fights and Quint clearly comes from an alternate timeline since X doesn't exist in it.

Quint is from 37 years into the future plus 156 days. It's not over 37,000 years, there's a comma. Not a period. Since X wasn't activated until a hundred years past the classic series, well yeah. And what if senarios in games (Though obviously only ones that actually happen in gameplay, like this one) have been used on this website before. Punctuation is important, you can't go mistaking commas for periods. It's a decimel. Quint is from a time where Wily actually reformed, until past Wily came in and A: Created Rockman Shadow B: Convinced future Wily to be evil again C: Kidnapped the future Mega Man and converted him into Quint before going back to his own time.

Also fun fact: Quint has the exact same number of hit points as a maverik in the X series, 32.

@Smashor

Wily and Light were already developing Zero and X by the time of the Power Fighters.

Wily only revealed his blueprints for Zero to Bass in Power Fighters. And there's no confirmation when Light started on X. Remember, X was kept in his capsule 30 years after his COMPLETION to test his morality. Not 30 years after Light started the project. Quint's timeline wouldn't need to be different from the main one at all. If anything it explains why Rockman Shadow (Obscure yet canon Mega Man games FTW (Yes MM&BWS is canon it's referenced in Mega Man ZX)) was able to, and I quote "And then I did everything I could to destroy the world. In the future no one could stop me.". Since Mega Man was able to stop him in Mega Man and Bass wonderswan, that would mean that Mega Man would have to be absent in the future. And Quint's future is still considered canon after Mega Man & Bass (It's unknown when Challanger From the Future happened, but it is likely after Mega Man and Bass since Mega Man still had his MM8/MMB charge shot). I quote: "The truth is, it would be a lie to say that Wily continues his evil ways in the future.". And I doubt 9 and 10 disrupted the time flow too terribly badly. Geez, Capcom really needs to rerelease that game in english. It reveals some REALLY important things about the timeline.

Back