• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Jacknjellify Downgrade

Bubble

Okay now the first problem is Bubble has a varies tier for her durability because she does have one durability feat in BFB 13. The problem is, as the profile itself mentions, Bubble is CONSTANTLY shown to be incredibly fragile.

A varies tier is given when the character's power level is incredibly inconsistent (Marvel Characters) or their power depends on an external/internal condition.

In Bubble's case, we have dozens of anti-feats to the point there is a recurring gag about her fragility, and one feat which is millions of times stronger than any other showing in the series. Considering the cast does not get heat resistance (When they stood on the Sun) due to anti-feats, this should be the same, and the feat in BFB 13, while valid, should be considered PIS

Blocky
Secondly, why does Blocky have subjective reality for building a spaceship??? Sure it's impressive, but not only did we not see him build it, there are many ways it could have been built without that power, it just seems to be more of an intelligence feat

Renaming the verse page
I personally think we should rename the page of the verse. While BFDI was the original series, there have been other series besides BFDI (Like BFB), so I personally think calling it BFDI does not work. I think something like Jacknjellify would be a more accurate title

Okay now the first problem is Bubble has a varies tier for her durability because she does have one durability feat in BFB 13. The problem is, as the profile itself mentions, Bubble is CONSTANTLY shown to be incredibly fragile.

A varies tier is given when the character's power level is incredibly inconsistent (Marvel Characters) or their power depends on an external/internal condition.

In Bubble's case, we have dozens of anti-feats to the point there is a recurring gag about her fragility, and one feat which is millions of times stronger than any other showing in the series. Considering the cast does not get heat resistance (When they stood on the Sun) due to anti-feats, this should be the same, and the feat in BFB 13, while valid, should be considered PIS
I agree with this. To be fair, Bubble used her limbs to protect herself from the impact of the entirety of Team Ice Cube falling on her, only for her to give in after Flower accidentally fell on top of them which made Bubble lose her balance for her to finally be popped from the force of impact. While there are 2 other feats that could grant her higher durability such as her withstanding the force of her tower being torn after being hit into it or falling onto the surface of the sun after being thrown up a distance in the finale, I suppose they should be deemed as outliers given the consistency of Bubble dying to simple things to the point of acknowledging it.
Secondly, why does Blocky have subjective reality for building a spaceship??? Sure it's impressive, but not only did we not see him build it, there are many ways it could have been built without that power, it just seems to be more of an intelligence feat
Agree as well. I was also confused as to why Blocky got that as well, considering we don’t know how he built it, so it seems more of a supporting feat for intelligence.
I personally think we should rename the page of the verse. While BFDI was the original series, there have been other series besides BFDI (Like BFB), so I personally think calling it BFDI does not work. I think something like Jacknjellify would be a more accurate title
I disagree with this. Pretty sure we have the shorts still being called BFDI and even the fifth season called Battle for Dream Island: The Power Of Two (BFDI:TPOT). To put it, the seasons might have different names, but they are all continuations of the original series.

Last edited:
Agree with all except the rename, not only is BFDI a perfectly good name for the verse since all the content in it is either BFDI, a direct sequel of BFDI, or a spinoff, but also naming a verse after the YouTube channel its broadcast on is weird

This seems uncontroversial to apply, except for renaming the verse itself. It seems more practical to keep the current name instead.

I applied the changes.

I also added a note on Bubble’s profile explaining why higher tier stuff wouldn’t scale to her body’s durability.

Last edited:
The justification for the subjective reality ability for Blocky was, y'know, in the parentheses right after the ability was listed. "Built a functional spaceship out of cardboard, better than Spongy's despite designing the cardboard spaceship to fail". The removal of the feat as subjective reality isn't an issue, but you still made a mistake. This is in no way an intelligence feat, because as was stated, the cardboard ship was designed to fail, so the process of making it probably wasn't anything more than making a normal cardboard spaceship and adding rocket boosters to it. The supernatural part of this feat stems from how the cardboard ship ended up being better than Spongy's actual spaceship despite the purpose of the cardboard spaceship being to burn the users for a prank, so it seems like Blocky somehow magically made an actual ship out of weak materials using no skill. The supernatural aspect of this feat is ambiguous, so it's as likely for this feat to be toon force rather than subjective reality, but this feat is clearly not intelligence, especially since Blocky has been shown to be bad at science. Please remove this from the Intelligence section. You can put it as evidence for toon force if you still want to include the information somewhere.

The justification for the subjective reality ability for Blocky was, y'know, in the parentheses right after the ability was listed. "Built a functional spaceship out of cardboard, better than Spongy's despite designing the cardboard spaceship to fail". The removal of the feat as subjective reality isn't an issue, but you still made a mistake. This is in no way an intelligence feat, because as was stated, the cardboard ship was designed to fail, so the process of making it probably wasn't anything more than making a normal cardboard spaceship and adding rocket boosters to it. The supernatural part of this feat stems from how the cardboard ship ended up being better than Spongy's actual spaceship despite the purpose of the cardboard spaceship being to burn the users for a prank, so it seems like Blocky somehow magically made an actual ship out of weak materials using no skill. The supernatural aspect of this feat is ambiguous, so it's as likely for this feat to be toon force rather than subjective reality, but this feat is clearly not intelligence, especially since Blocky has been shown to be bad at science. Please remove this from the Intelligence section. You can put it as evidence for toon force if you still want to include the information somewhere.
@I'm_Blue_daba_dee_daba_die @Psychomaster35 @Pikaman

The removal of the feat as subjective reality isn't an issue, but you still made a mistake. This is in no way an intelligence feat, because as was stated, the cardboard ship was designed to fail, so the process of making it probably wasn't anything more than making a normal cardboard spaceship and adding rocket boosters to it.
This is considered an intelligence feat given Blocky’s statement “For a prank, build a really shabby rocket ship out of cardboard”, yet he was still able to make it functionally identical to other spaceships, which means he had to have the wits to replicate it.
The supernatural part of this feat stems from how the cardboard ship ended up being better than Spongy's actual spaceship despite the purpose of the cardboard spaceship being to burn the users for a prank, so it seems like Blocky somehow magically made an actual ship out of weak materials using no skill.
Except he did have skill. He stated to have built it himself to replicate the spaceships with the sole purpose of making it burn when it came near the sun, yet the spaceship not burning meant that he chose the wrong materials that happened to be heat resistant.
The supernatural aspect of this feat is ambiguous, so it's as likely for this feat to be toon force rather than subjective reality, but this feat is clearly not intelligence, especially since Blocky has been shown to be bad at science.
Looking at the 2 links pointing how bad Blocky is at science, those are only to other aspects apart from vehicle making, meaning that he was still smart in creating functioning vehicles out of cheap materials but wasn’t smart enough in explaining other scientific things. As for it being toon force, I disagree on that as well given we aren’t sure where Blocky got the cardboard from let alone the context of the cardboard.

Overall, this is not toon force, but rather a coincidence Blocky happened to have picked cardboard that happened to be heat resistant which was why his plan in making it burn failed, yet he was successfully able to make it functional to a point it warrants intelligence.

This is considered an intelligence feat given Blocky’s statement “For a prank, build a really shabby rocket ship out of cardboard”, yet he was still able to make it functionally identical to other spaceships, which means he had to have the wits to replicate it.
He built it like I could build a cardboard spaceship with normal materials from an arts and crafts store but that doesn't mean it will function like an actual spaceship because that scenario would be in real life. As mentioned, Blocky built the "shabby" spaceship to fail, so even in the case that he is good at science, he would know what not to do so that his prank would work and his spaceship wouldn't surpass Spongy's. More on why this isn't an intelligence feat in the next paragraph.
Except he did have skill. He stated to have built it himself to replicate the spaceships with the sole purpose of making it burn when it came near the sun, yet the spaceship not burning meant that he chose the wrong materials that happened to be heat resistant.
The spaceship was literally made out of regular cardboard. Ruby, who is very naive and VS Battles Wiki acceptedly so, questioned the circumstance, so obviously I'm going to be questioning the circumstance as well. The cardboard spaceship not getting absolutely wrecked by the speed it was going is the same concept as Bubble not dying by her own attacks or something like that. There is nothing special about building a spaceship that should've been unsuccessful using materials that wouldn't work, unless we upgrade Blocky's intelligence to extraordinary genius of course, which I think would badly reflect this character. The cardboard not burning near the sun is toon force like the in the next episode where it somehow made contact with the sun without burning, as did the contestants somehow. Nothing is supposed to make sense in these episodes where the characters go to outer space, so Blocky didn't use real engineering to make the spaceship, and the occurrence is too unreliable to measure his intellect with.
Looking at the 2 links pointing how bad Blocky is at science, those are only to other aspects apart from vehicle making, meaning that he was still smart in creating functioning vehicles out of cheap materials but wasn’t smart enough in explaining other scientific things. As for it being toon force, I disagree on that as well given we aren’t sure where Blocky got the cardboard from let alone the context of the cardboard.
I suppose so. This is a supporting argument rather than a leading argument anyway, so it's not like it's purpose is to prove anything on its own. I'm just noting everything that's pointing towards my conclusion, even if some aspects are minor.
Overall, this is not toon force, but rather a coincidence Blocky happened to have picked cardboard that happened to be heat resistant which was why his plan in making it burn failed, yet he was successfully able to make it functional to a point it warrants intelligence.
So basically your conclusion is that the cardboard material is the toon force part and that Blocky still managed to make a cardboard spaceship? [← Normal "to clarify" question. Rhetorical questions. →] The spaceship that, using real technology logic, should've never been able to successfully blast off in the first place (as I wrote above)? The spaceship in the same show where Blocky made the sun grow larger by reflecting the heat back using a mirror?

Back