• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minecraft Creeper upgrades

ArbitraryNumbers

VS Battles
Retired
I think the Creepers should be Building level+ in durability, since they can survive the lightning strikes in the first place.

Also, going by the profile's description of 15 cubic meters, assuming vaporization (judging by all the smoke-ish stuff rising from the explosio):

For regular creeper: 385,500,000,000 Joules - City Block level

For Lightning-Charged Creeper: 848,100,000,000 Joules - Multi-City Block level

Honestly, a charged Creeper should be Town. IIRC its explosion is as strong as an Ender Crystal's, and it is capable of easily killing most monsters except bosses and end-game Steve.

And Minecraft profiles are generally outdated. Everyone probably should be building via being generally unharmed by lighting or tanking the super OP Minecraft fire/lava.

I'm not knowledgable on the verse that much, but how is fire and lava Building level?

Also, I highly doubt that a mob should be ranked on the same level as the game's major bosses via scaling to end-game Steve. By that logic, the lava and fire would also be Town Level because it can harm end-game steve. And if the other mobs can survive it as well, this means Town level Skeletons, Town level wolves, Town level zombies, etc.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
I'm not knowledgable on the verse that much, but how is fire and lava Building level?

Also, I highly doubt that a mob should be ranked on the same level as the game's major bosses.
its not its an old calculation that used game mechanics.

I don't think something that uses a specific sound and animaiton should be treated as game mechanic.

I mean, Endermen canonically attacks and takes hits from the Enderdragon, and some stronger mobs can somewhat poses a challenge to the Wither. I feel like the "normal monsters are fodder" logic doesn't work in Minecraft given the lack of lore to prove this.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I don't think something that uses a specific sound and animaiton should be treated as game mechanic.

I mean, Endermen canonically attacks and takes hits from the Enderdragon, and some stronger mobs can somewhat poses a challenge to the Wither. I feel like the "normal monsters are fodder" logic doesn't work in Minecraft given the lack of lore to prove this.
1 yes but if you call it not Game mechanic then you have too call them shrenking not a game mechanic.

2 well its not really lore it's just how the attack comes out in GamePlay but Steve can one shot them when fully equipped

One is a canonically explanable process that is pretty constant, the other is a way of properly rendering blocks when they are held.

One is a canonically explanable process that is pretty constant, the other is a way of properly rendering blocks when they are held.
I mean one you drop them that is when they fall in lava your armor doesn't melt while you're in lava this is more evidence to prove that they do in fact shrink

Again, this is just a way of properly rendering objects/blocks while they are dropped. Having full sized blocks be laying around amongs normal blocks would be way too messy and confusing.

Again, this is just a way of properly rendering objects/blocks while they are dropped. Having full sized blocks be laying around amongs normal blocks would be way too messy and confusing.
yes but normal blocks arent destroyed by Lava and normal armor isn't either only when they are droped

To avoid lava just piercing holes through all of the world and be generally unstoppable. Which is again, gameplay mechanic.

Well regarding the original issue, I don't think that Minecraft explosions truly are complet vaporization, as Blocks are dropped. This is unlike other means of destruction, which doesn't leave anything.

To avoid lava just piercing holes through all of the world and be generally unstoppable. Which is again, gameplay mechanic.

Well regarding the original issue, I don't think that Minecraft explosions truly are complet vaporization, as Blocks are dropped. This is unlike other means of destruction, which doesn't leave anything.
1 no you're trying to say something that involves them shrinking down is less game mechanic than a normal process like lava not destroying everything it's just absurd if you except the lava thing as not a game mechanic you have to except them shrinking down as not a game mechanic.

you're trying to say pretty much every other interaction lava has with generation and the game including iron buckets are game mechanics

Lava, explosions or pretty much anything, not harming the scenary is a very common gameplay mechanic, so is objects being shrunk to fit inside an hammerspace inventory.

Lava, explosions or pretty much anything, not harming the scenary is a very common gameplay mechanic, so is objects being shrunk to fit inside an hammerspace inventory.
you're trying to say the lava buckets a game mechanic and explosions do harm the environment so does Lava causing fires showing that things don't harm the scenario isn't something Minecraft does

@Saikou

I'm pretty sure there's more to this than what you're saying, but Endermen trading blows with the Ender Dragon should be treated as an inconsistency regardless, as it leads to inflated stats for the entire verse.

@Dark

Because Lava would destroy everything otherwise. The evaporation sound and effect shows that lava is meant to be able to destroy most items quickly if submerged, which is closer of a valid interpretation than lava only being a fire hazard.

@AN There is nothing that hints at the bosses or player being tons of time stronger than most normal enemies.This is solely based on the common standard of not scaling mooks to bosses in most video games, but there is no such indication of relative strength here.

@Dark

Because Lava would destroy everything otherwise. The evaporation sound and effect shows that lava is meant to be able to destroy most items quickly if submerged, which is closer of a valid interpretation than lava only being a fire hazard.

@AN There is nothing that hints at the bosses or player being tons of time stronger than most normal enemies.This is solely based on the common standard of not scaling mooks to bosses in most video games, but there is no such indication of relative strength here.
1 again that doesn't make sense with everything else that happens in the game you're result was building level+ The same as the lighting woukd be so lets just scall from that and be done with this.

"Everything else that happens" being solely there for balance purpose.
you're trying to say everything else that involves lava is a game mechanic from your armor not melting off to the iron bucket to the furnace to the villages melting Forge.

fact is there more in game evidence against it then for it inless you except them shrinking as not a game mechanic.

Items shrinking are purely gameplay mechanics, there is no valid interpretation for items to suddenly shrinks to smaller size when held or even just dropped.

Iron buckets, armor and blocks not melting is indeed, only there for balance purpose.

Items shrinking are purely gameplay mechanics, there is no valid interpretation for items to suddenly shrinks to smaller size when held or even just dropped.

Iron buckets, armor and blocks not melting is indeed, only there for balance purpose.
no your trying to say items are game mechanics The inconsistency of lava been able to melt full-size blocks should be enofe evidence for them shrinking.

My god you're adament about this. There is literally no reasons for items to shrink unexplicably when taken. And using the gameplay mechanic of "blocks aren't melted when still placed" to "prove" this is nonsense.

I might be late on this, but I don't agree that "fodder" should scale. An analogy would be that Bomb-Ombs are required to defeat Bowser a few times, and that game has a lack of lore too (just not nearly to the same extent). It would be ridiculous to rate them as High 4-C

My god you're adament about this. There is literally no reasons for items to shrink unexplicably when taken. And using the gameplay mechanic of "blocks aren't melted when still placed" to "prove" this is nonsense.
you know what? seanse theres clearky no way we will reach an agreement someone should just ask jed on twetter.

It would be ludicrous because it has been firmly established that enemies like goomba are far weaker than bowser. This is not the case here.

It shouldn't take lore to indicate that common, early game grind fodder are in no way comparable to the game's final boss, unless it's stated otherwise. Putting the Endermen at 7-C means giving inflated stats to every mob in the verse.

These aren't early game grind fodder. They are stronger than the player most of the time, only being remotely easy to deal with in mid-late game.

Okay, so they're competent enemies. This still doesn't justify them being any comparable to the Ender Dragon, the final boss of the game. Bosses >>>>>> enemies; we don't need lore to know that.

Once again, making the Endermen Town level means making wolves and spiders town level by this logic, since they can take hits from Steve and damage him as well, because there's no indication that a common wolf cannot bite with 25 kilotons of TNT's worth of force.

Not only that, but it wouldn't make sense for every single one of the countless Endermen to be on par with the Ender Dragon. If the Endermen are so powerful then why is the Enderdragon so special? What's the point in going out of your way to find and slay the thing? Why is it the FINAL BOSS of the game if all of its little minions are just as powerful as it?

Regardless, we're going off topic here.

Creepers should be City Block level to Multi-City Block level, and should have similar durability because they can survive explosions from other creepers. If not, they should at least be Building level+ in durability via surviving lightning strikes with little damage.

Just curious but are the amount of damage output that an enemy does in the game somewhat applicable to the strength of the enemy when compared to other beings in the game? Or is that simply game mechanics? If not then we could compare their damage outputs to understand better their tiers (in relation to each other)

Back