• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mindhaxxing Inanimate Objects vs. Mindhax Resistance

Jinsye

She/Her
Brought up by a versus thread.

Would mindhaxxing an inanimate object bypass mindhax resistance? And if so, how much mindhax resistance would it bypass?

The argument for it being yes is because inanimate objects don't have minds, which is superior to just resisting having your mind tampered with. However, how far does this resistance go? If you can resist the mindhax of one million people will you still get affected because inanimate objects don't have minds that can be mindhaxxed and thus it's superior to your resistance? What about higher-dimensional resistance? Inanimate objects don't have minds while higher-dimensional mindhax can be overpowered by better mindhax? So does mindhaxing a robot mean you can mindhax those with tier 1 mind resistance?

My take on it is that it obviously bypasses the resistance of being an inanimate object, but doesn't really mean much against other types of resistance that aren't just vague "trained to resist mental stuff".

Basically, while I'd say it's indicative of a stronger ability, I wouldn't extrapolate this to other resistances since you can't really quantify.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
No one is saying higher D mindhax is less potent than mindhaxing without a mind
How so?

You can overpower Higher-Dimensional Resistance by just having better numbers than them in terms of dimensionality and potency.

But higher-dimensional mindhax straight up won't work on a thing without a mind because there's nothing to manipulate.

(Note: This isn't my logic, I'm taking another person's logic to the extreme)

Mind Manipulation into [conventional] inanimated objects simply do not works, can alter the mind of stuff that do not have any. "Higher dimensional mindhax" do not really means anything without context.

Mindhaxing inanimate objects isn't a thing. It's an oxymoron, and a verse doing something like that is not anything that can be quantified. You at best put it on their profile that they can alter the ml"minds" of mindless objects like how Gygas can drive items insane (animating them in the process). That is unless the verse assumes items have a "mind" of their own (there are folklore about the idea of all things having a will of their own being a tale said to make you treat your items well).

Last time I checked, AP isn't related to hax, but people like to spit stuff like "high dimensional power" or "conceptual power" and believe is more impressive and difficult to resist cuz reasons. Personally, when I hear stuff with hd power I believe it has more [spatial/temporal] range, and when they say conceptual power is that it has more range of applications.

Tier 2 mindhax and above means mindhaxxing someone of a higher/transcendent plane than your own.

It's a Empathy hack that was so potent, it drives even robots designed to be emotionless to suicide. Drives others to suicide by the guy simply Being there, and blaming armed people run like cowards even when armed and their opponent isn't armed.

They resister herE only resisted fear being put in his mind. But it has never shown to be a very high degree. It doesn't even state the level of fear itself. Just that it's fear.

Not even a mind hack. It's an empathy hack.

Back