• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mid-Godly Regen for God?

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
So after looking through some things i am wondering if God, should have Mid Godly regen and type 8 immortality.

First of all God being God is superior to angel's who previously had Low-Godly regen and Type 5 immortality:

Raziel immortality

In support of this, Uriel says if it was him before he could transcend his fate of dying to camael's blade:

Camael death

Information of camael's sword:

Camael blade

So, angel's before the divine calamity which sealed off heaven could return as long as their soul existed, and transcended the concept of death.

Now on to God, Setsuna tried everything he had to kill God, but to no avail, so he enters the mind and heart (heart refers to soul in Tokyo Babel) of God, and this is where things get interesting.

Essential God began doubting his existence, his creations could have fun but not him so so he despaired, this lead to Ouroboros, a part of God's heart which is fused with the concept of eternity:

God eternity

God eternity 1

God eternity 2

God eternity 3

To finally kill God, Setsuna destroys the concept of eternity:

Setsuna concept

So Mid-Godly and Type 8 immortality?

I dunno bout Mid-Godly. Maybe Type 8 but I don't see what it'd be reliant on. Type 5 definitely.

Feels to me more like Low-Godly but coupled with Type 8 Immortality and Abstract Existence reliant on the concept of Eternity.

I think what Celestial is going for with the Mid-Godly is that most abstract existences with type 8 have Mid-Godly because they can come back even if their mind/body/soul are destroyed as long as their type 8 exists.

Also, I don't know if Low-Godly is right for them. Based on the scans, that sounds like resurrection to me. Very fast resurrection, but resurrection nonetheless. Difference being that with resurrection you need to die to come back whole, while with Low-Godly you just heal from everything even if it isn't a lethal wound.

This is unsual indeed, he is fused with the concept of eternity, and keeps regenerating, and to kill him Setsuna had to destroy that concept, i think type 8 is reasonable, do we still treat being reliant on a concept=mid-godly regen? Type 5 and 8 seem reasonable to me, don't know about mid-godly though.

@Monarch Ressurection seems more accurate for the angels indeed.

But yea for God, was going for the mid godly regen via type 8 immortality.

I was thinking God would have a combination of Type 5 and Type 8.

I'm not sure about the current standards for Abstract and Regen but if it's like Monarch said then I agree with God having Mid-Godly. Even if he doesn't and were to stay with Low-Godly, the Abstract Existence (from being fused/being one with the Concept of Eternity) and Type 8 (from said concept needing to be destroyed for it to disappear/stop regenerating) gives fundamentally the same result for God, in practice.

I plan to create a thread regarding abstracts and regen actually as this isn't the first time I heard this.

So, can we just give him type 5 and 8 immortality for now or those along with mid-godly? Either way as Fate said it, the end result is the same.

Also God should be omniscient, he has repeatedly been stated to have infinite knowledge and be all knowing, he did in fact know the concept of eternity.

All angels and demons do it's just that they don't comprehend it due to their perception of time being different from a mortals, they don't see any difference between different lengths of time, God is the one who in fact made Raziel understand eternity, that angels and demons will forever be alive unable to die, and that that's suffering since you can't die.

Also demons should also have resurrection and type 5 immortality like angels, they are also said to eternal, and they were once angels, so presumably instead of going to heaven when they die, they just go to hell and are reborn.

I agree with type 8 but i am not sure with Mid-Godly, i agree with FateAlbane and Monarch, if type 8 immortality gives a character mid godly regen, then he should have it

Not gotten a definite answer about whether type 8 immortality reliant on a concept=mid godly regen, so just gonna to leave that part off the profile for now and just add the type 5 and 8 immortality since those are pretty clear cut.

It should be mid-godly since many characters like Chara ------> Regenerationn (Mid-Godly, able to return as long as the DETERMINATION taken from the Anomaly's SOUL still exists) have gotten for similar reasons.

Besides, here is type 8 immortality's definition:

8: Reliant Immortality: The character cannot die as long as a certain being, object, or even concept exists.

Back