• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MHS+ Seems Too Much: Marvel Comics

Something like

At least High Hypersonic+ (Feats), likely Massively Hypersonic (Feats)

Would work for some of you?

One potential issue is that the MHS feats aren’t his “peak” and more casual.

I think it looks fine too. But we will have to find a MHS feat when he operates at peak capacity.

Or change peak from "not holding back" or something.

I love calculating projectile feats especially when calculating them the CORRECT way. Plus I wanted to voice my opinion on this thread.

What are the conclusions here so far, and what currently needs to be done here?

Conclusions so far:

-High Hypersonic is for the Street Level characters.

-Currently looking for Spider-Man feats since he should be notably faster, and get a peak speed rating for him.

-Contention on how much Spider-Man holds back against people in terms of speed as his Rogues fight other Street Level characters and which Rogues actually scale to his peak.

We need to find speed feats for Spider-Man (or Spider-People) at their peak. I don't recall any from my memory right now. Only the Hulk one but eh

Conclusions so far:

-High Hypersonic is for the Street Level characters.

-Currently looking for Spider-Man feats since he should be notably faster, and get a peak speed rating for him.

-Contention on how much Spider-Man holds back against people in terms of speed as his Rogues fight other Street Level characters and which Rogues actually scale to his peak.
That seems fine to me. Thank you for helping out. 🙏

Why the hell are we even talking about Spider-Man anyways?
This is kind of like someone asking "why are we talking about Superman?" in a DC content revision thread.

Spider-man is literally one of the most popular characters in Marvel History and is still their go to mascot.

Getting his profile right would go a long way to show we're serious about having high quality comic verse pages.

We need to find speed feats for Spider-Man (or Spider-People) at their peak. I don't recall any from my memory right now. Only the Hulk one but eh
These are my favourite ones.

Spider-man could barely keep up with an Amped Speed Demon who was running fast enough to turn sand into glass before he was inevitably overwhelmed in New Thunderbolts 2.

bkgCqyM_d.webp

EPbWGOl_d.webp

Spider-man was confirmed to move in microseconds as recently as ASM 597 solidifying the other MHS-MHS+ feats of the spider people.

xyISzK4_d.webp

Last edited:
People basically gave up on this thread. The profiles are messy but not as much as before. Though I still gotta add the calcs to the profiles and verse page.

I brought it up because we have always judged the characters according to their feats and not the opinions of whoever is writing the story at the particular time. Feats being more impressive than what the author thinks is not strange in fiction. I think you guys are confusing narrative cohesion with word of god, which honestly is usually used last.

People basically gave up on this thread. The profiles are messy but not as much as before. Though I still gotta add the calcs to the profiles and verse page.
Please do. I went through a dozen profiles and the pages of this thread in order to find out where the current ratings come from. That's just bad indexing.

Nah, regular human. That's sub-sonic.
The thing is a lot of street tiers like Hawkeye, Deadpool, or Falcon, all are treated as "Normal humans" by Marvel, with characters like Iron Fist and Captain America being Peak Human (on the verge of Superhuman) whereas Spider-Man is outright Superhuman

At least that's what Marvel considers for powerscaling

But on an unrelated note, what's up with Beast's High Hypersonic calc? Is it still good to use? Cause that would provide a lot more support for High Hypersonic street tiers

So what is currently left to do here?

The thing is a lot of street tiers like Hawkeye, Deadpool, or Falcon, all are treated as "Normal humans" by Marvel
Deadpool is consistently treated as a super-human being. I even forgot to make a thread upgrading him.

Falcon has super-soldier status, and Hawkeye just do stuff.

They’re not regular humans, they’re also peak humans.

Deadpool is consistently treated as a super-human being. I even forgot to make a thread upgrading him.
Falcon has super-soldier status, and Hawkeye just do stuff.
Tbh I was just pulling street tiers from memory, I totally forgot Falcon had super soldier level stuff

But characters like Hawkeye or the Punisher are mostly just normal humans when compared to Peak Humans like Captain America or Daredevil, or Superhumans like Spider-Man
(Both Punisher and Hawkeye have briefly contended with Peak Human or Superhuman characters, but they're mostly still portrayed as the streetest street tiers)

And to update the profiles accordingly. If that can't be done for now, at least link this thread on the verse page so people know where the ratings are coming from easily enough.

We preferably shouldn't justify statistics with external forum post links. You can use explanation blogs instead when necessary though.

Okay, I'm home. Can someone tell me what to do? I see High Hypersonic Moon night, Hypersonic+ Captain America and Hypersonic Elektra.

I think supersonic is a much more narratively consistent rating for these characters but I digress.

Should Superhuman street tiers get Hypersonic+ while everyone else gets Hypersonic?

(I'm assuming High Hypersonic is an outlier).

Back