• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dazai Ability Removal Thread

This is a thread regarding the removal of certain abilities that were given to Dazai that should either have better justification, or removed since they don't apply.

Martial Arts
1.) Dazai should not have martial arts and he is canonically has always been a below average martial artists, and relies on his Power Nullification. Which contradicts everything else.

2.) I do not believe Dazai's "Spartan training" involve any martial arts in the curriculum. In the scan provided it just says it produces results fast, which is more valid for Accelerated Development. Scans also say "Dazai's Spartan training style" but it never specifies anything about martial arts training. The scans stated Akutagawa fought the Mimic soldiers, the leader and him and it "mentally" drained him, but the Mimic solders are group of ability users, not martial artist. Akutagawa is also an ability based fighter and does not rely on martial arts. It would make more sense that Spartan training is training to control his ability, similar to how he trained Atsushi, who couldnt control his tiger transformations.

**Here Dazai is kicking Akutagawa. He states "Your ability took too long to activate. On your feet fight with your ability" then continues to yell at him for motivation during one of the Spartan training exercises. This is not martial arts training. It would make more sense that his Spartan training is to manifest his full ability potential and hone the potency of it rather than hand to hand fighting. There is also nothing in the story where Dazai met Akutagawa that indicates Dazai trained Akutagawa in martial arts.

**Akutagawa killed hostages and was punished by Dazai in front of the rest of the Port Mafia to send a message to them psychologically. This is also not martial arts training.

**He also grabbed a gun out and shot at him to send another message if he messes up again. This is the only other time Dazai confronts Akutagawa until later when Dazai is no longer a member the Port Mafia.
Doesnt make sense for Dazai to have martial arts with statements that directly contradict everything about him having it. He also doesn't have an official fight with Akutagawa so say he resisted his Analytical Prediction which I will explain below later.

Analytical Prediction
This ability should not be removed but it should be switched to limited unless more evidence is provided due to his analytical prediction showing to only be prior knowledge based due to his history as Chuuya partner. He stated "I've known you for a long time. I have a keen sense of your methods, your timing, every one of your moves. If I didn't I could never be your partner. Dazai used information analysis and his intelligence to study Chuuya's fighting style and used his gained information go predict Chuuya and has no other examples of reading attacks in actual head to head fights. Chuuya also still overwhelmed Dazai with brute strength and won the fight with Dazai reading his moves making Chuuya state "did you think reading my moves would be enough to defeat me?". The rest of the scans aren't even hand to hand combat based which should also limit his analytical prediction, Dazai has no other fights where he is reading attacks, and is a below average martial artists to begin with, which is why the scans provided for that ability aren't dazai performing pressure points because he doesn't actually use it, being a below average fighter.

Pressure Points
Dazai has no evidence of himself using pressure points attacks or any evidence of training Akutagawa or anyone in general to strike pressure points based on my evidence above so this ability should also be removed

Resistance to Analytical Prediction
He has never had an official fight with Akutagawa in hand to hand to say he resisted his Analytical Prediction based on my proven evidence above so this should also be removed. He trained Akutagawa and abused him but Akutagawa never fought back due to the hierarchy of the Port Mafia. Dazai was the boss, Akutagawa was a foot soldier.

Unless more justification for these abilities is provided I believe they should be removed since most of them are misinterpreted or just incorrect all together.

Would also like to add there isn't even a canon Dazai vs Akutagawa fight for him to resist his analytical prediction. If you search "dazai vs Akutagawa" there is no fights unlike Akutagawa's other opponents.

this thread was defo made out of spite 💀
Yes, plus he knows nothing about the series.

Dazai himself said in Volume 1 itself that he had a martial arts training in a simple gag scene.
FXosNNO.png

(And wait, now I know he's going to use the above scan I linked as a downgrade material for Dazai's pain tolerance and say how Dazai's legs were so weak that they trembled when he was rising up from a car lol.)

BTW, Martial arts training is a regime in the basic training of Port Mafia, and Spartan Training is an evolved version of the Basic Port Mafia Training.

Secondly, he never addressed the fact that there is more listed on his profile for Analytical Prediction and how Dazai didn't move even an inch while being fired with guns at him simply because he knew that none of the trajectories would hit him upon the hands of a shooter.

Thirdly, no, Akutagawa and Dazai can be said to have gotten into a fight already because Dazai gaslit Akutagawa to attack him with rage and there's no reason for anyone to presume the otherwise.

Yes, plus he knows nothing about the series.

Dazai himself said in Volume 1 itself that he had a martial arts training in a simple gag scene.
FXosNNO.png
This validates keeping martial arts and should be used rather than what is currently on his profile. It does not change that he is still considered below average in using the martial arts he learned. Just means even with rigorous training he isn't talented at fighting, while in another thread someone is attempting to consider him a master martial artist, when he never was considered it and validates why Chuuya called him below average. Again, im not against him having it, but the justification being "spartan training" is not valid
(And wait, now I know he's going to use the above scan I linked as a downgrade material for Dazai's pain tolerance and say how Dazai's legs were so weak that they trembled when he was rising up from a car lol.)
I mean i know Dazai has a abnormal pain tolerance. Pain tolerance isn't even apart of my thread, just his fighting skills and resistance.
BTW, Martial arts training is a regime in the basic training of Port Mafia,
Training in martial arts ≠ being great at it and it doesnt mean Dazai is a master at using it. He has canon statements of him being below average even with rigorous training. There are characters who have martial arts experience still considered skilled brawlers. Thats not mastery level or proves he is good at fighting.
and Spartan Training is an evolved version of the Basic Port Mafia Training.
Where was this stated? Spartan training is specified as Dazai's sole training program for producing fast results out of ability users like Akutagawa and Atsushi, who are ability based fighters. Unlike Chuuya who is martial arts based. Every Port Mafia member has different backgrounds and specialties. There are not one in the same. And nowhere does it say Spartan training is martial arts based when I provided proof its more ability based than hand to hand fighting.
Secondly, he never addressed the fact that there is more listed on his profile for Analytical Prediction and how Dazai didn't move even an inch while being fired with guns at him simply because he knew that none of the trajectories would hit him upon the hands of a shooter.
Again. This is not relevant to my debunk I never disagreed with this, i said it should be limited this actually. He does not read attacks in hand to hand fights unless he has prior knowledge which is shown in the only hand to hand fight he actually has using it.
Thirdly, no, Akutagawa and Dazai can be said to have gotten into a fight already because Dazai gaslit Akutagawa to attack him with rage and there's no reason for anyone to presume the otherwise.
This is also assumption based, "it can be said" is not valid proof. You did however provide a valid scan proving Dazai actually was trained by someone else to learn a percentage of martial arts before, but I would need the same for this. Thats alot of assuming

Martial Arts
You just don't give up, Do you?

Dazai clearly had martial arts based on what Reggor said

Dazai also had a training regime that was stated to be spartan level which was stated to produce high results and also to his subordinates which obviously includes Akutagawa

Dazai's subordinates don't have super powers aside from Akutagawa

Not all Mimic members have powers if they had, Why would they be using machine guns when Akutagawa said it himself they were useless?

This also is showned when Oda went to their base and literally all of them used guns instead of their super powers

Dazai has also trained Atsushi for 4 years and a half and since Dazai nullifies powers, Atsushi's only choice was resorting to martial arts

You are literally just going on Reddit to search for info instead of watching the anime, reading the manga or reading the LN

Analytical Prediction
Stated he could memorize Methods, Timing and Habits

And was stated he could also read moves

Can also predict a 6 digit number a person is thinking

Can predict entire scenarios ahead of time

Able to predict how many bullets will a shooter shoot at him just upon the shooter's emotions

Able to know things about his opponent just by looking at him

Upscales Akutagawa who can predict bullet trajectories and attacks) -

You are literally just going on Reddit to search for info instead of watching the anime, reading the manga or reading the LN

Pressure Points

Dazai has trained Akutagawa while he was a child mentally and obviously didn't know how to fight nearly as well as he does currently

It's very possible Dazai teached him

Though i don't mind this getting removed

Resistance to Analytical Prediction

Spartan level training says otherwise

His missions that he went as a child says otherwise

Unless more justification for these abilities is provided I believe they should be removed since most of them are misinterpreted or just incorrect all together.
You did not debunk any of these btw, It's just the same pattern of you downplaying characters

You clearly made this thread just so you can remove Dazai VS Seven matchup

This validates keeping martial arts and should be used rather than what is currently on his profile. It does not change that he is still considered below average in using the martial arts he learned. Just means even with rigorous training he isn't talented at fighting, while in another thread someone is attempting to consider him a master martial artist, when he never was considered it and validates why Chuuya called him below average. Again, im not against him having it, but the justification being "spartan training" is not valid
For that, you will actually need to prove that Dazai is below most Port Mafia characters in the series which you wouldn't be able to.
I mean i know Dazai has a abnormal pain tolerance. Pain tolerance isn't even apart of my thread, just his fighting skills and resistance.
Kidding.
Training in martial arts ≠ being great at it and it doesnt mean Dazai is a master at using it. He has canon statements of him being below average even with rigorous training. There are characters who have martial arts experience still considered skilled brawlers. Thats not mastery level or proves he is good at fighting.
I never said Dazai was a master of martial arts, he just has knowledge over them at various feats, but yeah, that does say that his skill level is higher than mastery in one.
Where was this stated?
Read Dazai and Akutagawa training, I cannot fully share it but it is in Akutagawa's backstory.
Spartan training is specified as Dazai's sole training program for producing fast results out of ability users like Akutagawa and Atsushi, who are ability based fighters. Unlike Chuuya who is martial arts based.
Exactly lol, Spartan Training is a training which was modified by Dazai to create high results with his own beliefs and it further shows his skill level, but it was very tough.
Every Port Mafia member has different backgrounds and specialties. There are not one in the dame. And nowhere does it say Spartan training is martial arts based when I provided proof its more ability based than hand to hand fighting.
💀 Port Mafia members are martial artists, I can name you 4 rn.
Akutagawa
Oda
Chuuya
Dazai
Atsushi
Others like Verlaine who are confirmed
And almost all from Port Mafia are trained.
Again. This is not relevant to my debunk I never disagreed with this, i said it should be limited this actually. He does not read attacks in hand to hand fights unless he has prior knowledge which is shown in the only hand to hand fight he actually has using it.
Bro did you even understand my point? He didn't have knowledge on that mimic, he just predicted the entire trajectories and scenarios based on the gunman's hand position and a limited information of it being his non-dominant hand, which for a matter of fact is way more impressive than predicting any punches.
This is also assumption based, "it can be said" is not valid proof. You did however provide a valid scan proving Dazai actually was trained by someone else to learn a percentage of martial arts before, but I would need the same for this. Thats alot of assuming
That isn't an assumption. Akutagawa was gaslit by Dazai, read more psychological crap.

1.) Dazai should not have martial arts and he is canonically has always been a below average martial artists, and relies on his Power Nullification. Which contradicts everything else.
You do know a below average martial artist is still a martial artist? Also an average martial artist in one verse may be a god in another case in point Baki characters.

Also disagree due to what Zetsu and Reggor posted.

Avoid making comments like this. Tokyo Revengers isn't even related to this thread.
He isn't wrong though, there was a person before who has the same thought of this being a spite thread (and it is because it lacks a minor research which can be done just by showing interest in the work). Plus, the staff already predicted that this was going to happen with Tier 9 verses when TR supporters lost the TR verse, anyways, I am not going to dive a lot into it as it's a certified staff-only moment.

Dazai also had a training regime that was stated to be spartan level which was stated to produce high results and also to his subordinates which obviously includes Akutagawa
All you did here was provide the same scans i made the debunk for. Is this the only scan talking about his Spartan training style?
Dazai's subordinates don't have super powers aside from Akutagawa
Being a subordinate does not mean he trained them. Thats another big assumption.
Not all Mimic members have powers if they had, Why would they be using machine guns when Akutagawa said it himself they were useless?

This also is showned when Oda went to their base and literally all of them used guns instead of their super powers
Dazai has powers and uses guns so that invalidates this.
Dazai has also trained Atsushi for 4 years and a half and since Dazai nullifies powers, Atsushi's only choice was resorting to martial arts
Already debunked this in the OP. Every mention of his training is ability based.

Here Dazai is kicking Akutagawa. He states "Your ability took too long to activate. On your feet fight with your ability" then continues to yell at him for motivation during one of the Spartan training exercises. This is not martial arts training. It would make more sense that his Spartan training is to manifest his full ability potential and hone the potency of it rather than hand to hand fighting. There is also nothing in the story where Dazai met Akutagawa that indicates Dazai trained Akutagawa in martial arts.
Stated he could memorize Methods, Timing and Habits

And was stated he could also read moves
Again this was apart of my original debunk. Providing the same scans as the ones I mentioned isn't helping.
Can also predict a 6 digit number a person is thinking

Can predict entire scenarios ahead of time

Able to predict how many bullets will a shooter shoot at him just upon the shooter's emotions

Able to know things about his opponent just by looking at him
This doesnt apply to his fighting skills

Being a subordinate does not mean he trained them. Thats another big assumption.
????????

I can't with you
Dazai has powers and uses guns so that invalidates this.

Already debunked this in the OP. Every mention of his training is ability based.
What powers???

Gyde was literally the only mimic member who was showned to have super powers

Let me tell you that Dazai doesn't nullify bullets
This isn't even worth my time
This doesnt apply to his fighting skills
It does, Since he can do all of this in mere instants

Nothing stops him from predicting everything the opponent gives

You do know a below average martial artist is still a martial artist? Also an average martial artist in one verse may be a god in another case in point Baki characters.
There is no mastery level martial arts shown in Bungo Stray Dogs. Baki has several mastery level characters you cannot use that as your example. BSD is 70% ability 30% fighting like a JJK verse. Baki is 100% martial arts.

????????

I can't with you
Wait you think every subordinate is trained by the person leading them? Do you think Dazai trained Chuuya too?
What powers???
No Longer Human is an considered ability inverse.
Nothing stops him from predicting everything the opponent gives
He would not be considered below average at fighting then . If he has rigorous training and can read attacks in hand to hand how is he considered below average? Direct contradiction

Wait you think every subordinate is trained by the person leading them? Do you think Dazai trained Chuuya too?
Do you really not know the difference between subordinate and partners?

Since when Chuuya was his subordinate? He is another executive and not his subordinate
No Longer Human is an considered ability inverse.
Yeah and what will he nullify with that? Bullets won't get nullified

There isn't anything that can be nullified since mimic members have not showned to be able to use super powers aside from Gyde
He would not be considered below average at fighting then . If he has rigorous training and can read attacks in hand to hand how is he considered below average? Direct contradiction
You do not need to be an expert in martial arts to be smart and highly analytical do you?

Do you really not know the difference between subordinate and partners?
Dazai was the boss of Port Mafia. Making Chuuya his subordinate. Bosses dont have partners
Since when Chuuya was his subordinate? He is another executive and not his subordinate
Executives are also subordinates to Bosses
You do not need to be an expert in martial arts to be smart and highly analytical do you?
In hand to hand fighting you do. Which is why most advanced martial artist have a form of it

Dazai was the boss of Port Mafia. Making Chuuya his subordinate. Bosses dont have partners
Hah...

Spite thread, This guy did not do his research and now is trying to give false information, Cool (y)

Ogai Mori is the boss of the port mafia not Dazai
Executives are also subordinates to Bosses
What i said above
In hand to hand fighting you do. Which is why most advanced martial artist have a form of it
You don't and it's not the advanced martial artist form

Any fighting character can do it without martial arts

Hah...

Spite thread, This guy did not do his research and now is trying to give false information, Cool (y)
I would love it if you provided more context and scans like @RoggerReggor did proving his martial arts history, which i agreed with keeping now that its proven, instead of strawman arguing and accusing me of something I provided detailed evidence for.

I only agree with pressure points, everything else is very much justified throughout the series. I asked Zetsu about it and after some research, while I agreed on it upon Dazai's encounters, it doesn't seem correct now due to the new standards I know now.
Dazai was the boss of Port Mafia.
🗿 Wow.

Can i ask to close this since this was made out of spite?

The only debunkable thing here is pressure points, Which i already said in my thread to get it removed because of bad reasoning

For that, you will actually need to prove that Dazai is below most Port Mafia characters in the series which you wouldn't be able to.

Kidding.

I never said Dazai was a master of martial arts, he just has knowledge over them at various feats, but yeah, that does say that his skill level is higher than mastery in one.

Read Dazai and Akutagawa training, I cannot fully share it but it is in Akutagawa's backstory.

Exactly lol, Spartan Training is a training which was modified by Dazai to create high results with his own beliefs and it further shows his skill level, but it was very tough.

💀 Port Mafia members are martial artists, I can name you 4 rn.
Akutagawa
Oda
Chuuya
Dazai
Atsushi
Others like Verlaine who are confirmed
And almost all from Port Mafia are trained.

Bro did you even understand my point? He didn't have knowledge on that mimic, he just predicted the entire trajectories and scenarios based on the gunman's hand position and a limited information of it being his non-dominant hand, which for a matter of fact is way more impressive than predicting any punches.

That isn't an assumption. Akutagawa was gaslit by Dazai, read more psychological crap.
Bump.
061a0b2c52c8d509840f4c902fc966b3.gif

Dazai every time someone tries to downgrade him:
84a00f1ec74742dd779b6d10b7821c89.gif

The only debunkable thing here is pressure points, Which i already said in my thread to get it removed because of bad reasoning
Yes, if other things seem invalid, and if the stuff is already addressed in an ongoing thread, then I don't think there's a need for another one.

No. You are blatantly trying to silence and avoid a debunk how is this not against the rules?

Back