• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grudgeman1706

VS Battles
Retired
I don't even know what Im doing, I just thought this would look cool.

NLF vs. Game Mechanics

Tiers: High 6-A for both

Speed equalized

Mewtwotheultimateimage

Reinhard van Astrea

Celestial Pegasus said:
How does mewtwo's power nullification work?
He looks at you with those beautifully drawn eyes in the picture I provided and your powers just give up.

Celestial Pegasus said:
All of them, even just pure physical ability?
M8 I was literally joking(have you not seen the picture i posted.) I know jack about Mewtwo.

Well i didn't know that, so was just asking, also is this a serious vs match? Seems like something that should be in fun and games, since everyone seems to be joking around.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Well i didn't know that, so was just asking, also is this a serious vs match? Seems like something that should be in fun and games, since everyone seems to be joking around.
No it's a legitimate match(look at the thread.) we are just admiring the amazing photo I found.

I vote for Mewt-

• Reinhard's ability activates.
Reinhard takes this casually in his sleep with all of his limbs cut off.

Enough of the jokes though, we should get back on topic, as i said before how does mewtwos power nullification work, also curious about its precog.

I'm wondering myself. How good is Mewtwo's power nullification? If I remember, he removed all abilities from the Pokemon, both natural and clone, on a whim, but that's from my memory of an over 20 year old movie that I haven't seen in a long time.

I don't know dude, Blastoise, Charizard and Venusaur still used their elemental attacks. If I recall he said special abilities in the jpn version but that's second hand info. Problem is what does that entail?

That sounds vague then and not viable here unless he has also used it to nullify the abilities on reinhard's level and don't know what special abilities exactly it has nullified, reinhard also doesn't really need his special abilities too much, he is a monster physically can hit ppl kilometers into the air and make that distance in one jump and kick ppl to the bottom of the world, and that's just in base and not with reid...

That's just elemental stuff like water and fire though, has it nullify stuff like precog, resistances and all the blessings reinhard has? If not saying it could be NLF territory.

I was bringing the nullification up because I wasn't sure if it's even that good as he said he blocked abilities but the cases I stated contradict that. Personally Mewtwo should be well and capable of winning, unless, ya know, Reinhard has mind hax resitance and the like otherwise it coukd go nowhete as Mewtwo has regen. Of course that's what I say but Reinhard probably has had to overcome that, if he does then oh well, I like Mewtwo but if mind hax don't work and Reinhard has ways to ohko and Mewtwo likewise cant ohko him due to some hax then i got nothing for our feline bioweapon friend.

Im pretty sure that Mewtwo didn't negate abilities until all of the clones were present. And no, mind screw won't work. I can guarantee that 4Re:Zero characters, who Reinhard resists, have Mind hax at the very least on par with Mewtwo. Mewtwo can literally only take him down if he gets rid of the precog and uses petrifaction (or beats him into submission, but I don't expect that (even though Mewtwo had his TK and better ranged attacks/versatility))

@TheJ-ManRequiem Mewtwo's regen is just mid-low, and reinhard can negate regen with shinigami blessing that leaves unhealable wounds, if he ever needed it.

I was mostly referring to recover which if memory serves, duplicates and replaces damaged cells but clearly it doesn't matter here. @cal Youre right, i was confusing when he had his charizard, blastoise and venusaur fight the nonclone incarnations with the all out battle post negation, ignore what i said previously. Edit: Restoring its own cells, the user restores its own HP by half of its max up. There's the quote, not that it matters here but I just wanted to clarify for future reference, although that doesn't exactly entail top tier regen anyway.

Well, depends if Mewtwo has psyic powers because I'm pretty sure he has an immunity to all physical attacks.

First attack immunity: The first time an attack is performed at Reinhardt, it always misses. Preceding attack immunity: The second attack and all following attacks misses him

Not to mention Reinhard has to be defeated twice due to Blessing of the Phoneix.

@llar9118 First attack immunity and proceeding attack immunity is just precog, at least that's what i rationalize it has cause otherwise it would be a huge NLF. Precog which he has been shown to have in story, is the only thing that makes sense reinhard never stands in one place and all attacks miss him, he has to dodge, this is pretty apparent in his fight against regulus. He never stands in one place and nothing hits him, he dodged, regulus's attacks can cut through anything if he stood in one place, he would get one shotted. Regulus also did manage to hurt him besides from when he one shotted him after taking emilia hostage and telling reinhard to take his attack unguarded, regulus hurt reinhard's left, point is the dude isn't untouchable.

Reinhard has already use the blessing of the phoenix when regulus killed him and it's a one time blessing so he doesn't have it anymore, well at least we don't think he doesm't.

There's the author's quote that hypersonic nuclear ICBMs could impact Reinhard and it would still miss though. So there's a bit of reality warping still involved to make projectiles miss even if the blast radius is too wide to dodge.

That's probably his arrow avoidance blessing, or some unknown blessing, has nothing to do with his all attacks missing blessings which is clearly just precog since he can still get hit and doesn't just stand and nothing hits him.

As for how the arrow avoidance works, could work by manipulating causality or vectors or something, who knows, we have no idea how it works, doubt it's reality warping though.

He never said which among the three makes the nuclear attack miss. One blessing makes the first attack miss him. Another makes all succeeding attacks miss him. The third makes all ranged attacks miss him. Any of them qualify for protecting Reinhard from a nuclear attack, especially if Reinhard was just standing by the nuke bomb lying on the ground, and it was not launched like an arrow/missile from silo or aircraft. These are just assumptions.

What I am saying is that the Blessing warping reality (as a generalized term) to make nukes not detonate has nothing to do with precog. It's not him physically dodging it.

There is no such thing as warping reality blessing. You're are the one making assumptions here. What we know so far, reinhard isn't untouchable, the author said he can get hit, and he has gotten hit by regulus, regulus hurt his leg and he wasn't taken anyone hostage or anything.

In fights reinhard never just stands in one place and all attacks miss him, he actively dodges, if his blessings allowed no attacks to hit him, why dodge in the first place? All attacks missing doesn't explain why they miss him, and i have found he has a super sense which gives him precog, so what's the logical conculsion? That no attacks hit reinhard but he dodges anyway or no attacks hit him cause he has precog? I am not saying arrow avoidance or that blessing that makes all projectiles he uses hit fall under this, just first and second attack immunity.

... Ok. "Reality warping", as a generalized term, not as a VS terminology, just means 'magic' to describe any phenomenon that cannot be physically quantified.

It means that it is distinguishable from the nuke not exploding as a result of Reinhard using precog to physically dodge it. Instead, magic makes it miss even if Reinhard is standing inside the blast zone. The magic is clearly working on the bomb's end, not on Reinhard's.

Reinhard dodges Regulus' melee and ranged attacks because of their esoteric nature. It's actually a feat for Regulus that his attack represents a viable threat to someone whose magic no-sells nukes.

Let me make myself clear. The nukes missing Reinhard is not dodging. It's not precog. So it's clear he still has a lot of defensive abilities that does not involve him moving his body or anticipating the future. That's my sole point.

that picture, tho. Voting for Reihard so he can get rid of that thing... conceptually.

Heinkel you still aren't understanding me here, first attack immunity and second attack immunity and arrow avoidance are separate things, one makes all attack miss him and the other all projectiles. A nuke would fall under arrow avoidance so it doesn't hit him however the thing is tappei said if a nuke was used against him it wouldn't go off i don't think that falls under either categories cause if it did the nuke would have gone off but simply not hit reinhard.

In his fight with elsa reinhard didn't just stand in one place and do nothing, he actively blocked elsa's attacks, although if even they had hit him he wouldn't suffer any damage but besides the point, the point is if his blessings allow nothing to hit him why does he actively block or in the cause of regulus dodge? I am saying in story there is mention of precog which would be the only explanation why he blocks and dodges, yes attacks miss him, but it's because he has precog which allows him to block or dodge.

Now suppose i am wrong and it's not precog that explains how first and second attack immunity and those are separate things, that in addition to nothing hitting reinhard he has precog, we can't allow first and second attack immunity in vs matches cause its an NLF to say nothing will hit reinhard, we don't even know how this works, so saying nothing will hit him is an NLF. Suppose something can manipulate causality to make their attacks always hit, are you going to say that it still won't hit reinhard? You can't cause you don't even know how reinhards blessing even works.

Back