• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mewtwo vs Frieza

Mewtwo is on Namek for whatever reason and bumps into Frieza (Namek Saga). Realizing how big of a threat Frieza is, Mewtwo decides to FIGHT HIM!

First Form Namek Saga Frieza

Mega Mewtwo (Mystery Dungeon)

Speed Equalized

GO

I wonder if there has ever been a fight that didn't have speed equalized, kinda makes the speed factor pointless in VS battles. Regardless Frieza has about twice the AP Mewtwo has if you highball Mewtwo, if you lowball Mewtwo it's about 8x. I think Frieza wins because of that.

Speed is still relevant. It is just that many characters people want to have fight have such large gaps in speed.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Yes Precog and Petrification.
I wanted you to give me examples but I guess I'll have to be more straight-forward. Can you show me examples of Mewtwo having either of those abilities.

I know what you wanted. I just felt like being a jerk :p

Anyway he petrified Ash in the first Movie. And his precog is Detect.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I know what you wanted. I just felt like being a jerk :p
Anyway he petrified Ash in the first Movie. And his precog is Detect.
Detect doesn't always work and him petrifying ash is hardly a notable feat. 1. he didn't do it alone, 2. the people who created the movie obviously couldn't kill ash, so they had to go for an alternative. And 3. Mewtwo only did it on Ash who's a basic human, no guarantee it'll work on Frieza.

However it is still precog. It not working all the time is a game mechanic. Seeing as Protect can be used multiple times.

1) We can't assume it took 2 psychic powers would petrify him. So it had to be the abilities of both Mewtwo and Mew.

2) Doesn't matter, He was petrified. so it counts as petrification. Writing and intent is a lousy excuse.

3) By this logic Beerus' Hakai was never used on someone on his level and thus it likely won't work on other Universal characters.

WeeklyBattles said:
Me First is also a form of precog isnt it?
To be honest I don't know what ruling we have on me first, because it's kind of broken in a non-turn based fight. Launches the enemy's move before he does it and increases its power by 50%. If Mewtwo could spam this, he'd pretty much win every Speed Equalized match there is.

FTW395 said:
WeeklyBattles said:
Me First is also a form of precog isnt it?
To be honest I don't know what ruling we have on me first, because it's kind of broken in a non-turn based fight. Launches the enemy's move before he does it and increases its power by 50%. If Mewtwo could spam this, he'd pretty much win every Speed Equalized match there is.
He can't mimic abilities such as time manipulation and stuff like that. Only reasonable elemental and energy attacks.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
However it is still precog. It not working all the time is a game mechanic. Seeing as Protect can be used multiple times.
1) We can't assume it took 2 psychic powers would petrify him. So it had to be the abilities of both Mewtwo and Mew.

2) Doesn't matter, He was petrified. so it counts as petrification. Writing and intent is a lousy excuse.

3) By this logic Beerus' Hakai was never used on someone on his level and thus it likely won't work on other Universal characters.
1. I really don't care about "game mechanics" on detect, the more one uses it the less chance it has of working. 2. We can't assume Mewtwo's petrification works on Frieza, because he's about 5 tiers higher than Ash. Or are you willing to debate that Beerus can kill 1-A beings with his Hakai?

1) Your problem. Plus we still have Me First.

2) Let's start with how this comment is as ridiculous as heck. 5 tiers above Ash. Yes he is. But guess what. He isn't on a whole dimensional plane higher than him. Beerus CANNOT Hakai a tier 1-A because a 1-A is literally beyond an infinire amount dimensions higher than Beerus. Beerus cannot even Hakai a 2-C. That is a horrible comparison.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
1) Your problem. Plus we still have Me First.
2) Let's start with how this comment is as ridiculous as heck. 5 tiers above Ash. Yes he is. But guess what. He isn't on a whole dimensional plane higher than him. Beerus CANNOT Hakai a tier 1-A because a 1-A is literally an infinire amount dimensions higher than Beerus. Beerus cannot even Hakai a 2-C. That is a horrible comparison.
1. I know me first is broken, I've already addressed that.

2. To be honest it might be a horrible comparison but that doesn't change the fact that you can assume a thing that worked on Ash would also work on someone who is A LOT stronger than Ash.

3. Detect comes from the Pokemon games that's why you should assume the way it acts, by seeing how it acts in the games. Dismissing it as game mechanics isn't very fair.

There's a reason Adam Conover is in the hax category and Lavos has a win over Beerus despite their abilities working on people of their tier. Just Saiyan.

2) Same logic on the Beerus comparison. Beerus is Universal while Zamasu is only Solar System level. But we assume Hakai works on Universal beings. That's very selective.

3) You mean the same reason as we don't treat Barrier as a defense boost instead of a forcefield? You mean how we don't count moves like Aerial Ace and Swift as infinite accuracy?

Pretty sure we decided that being stronger through brute AP doesnt mean hax resistance for DB characters. Whether weaker or stronger Frieza has no counter for Petrafication and has never shown resistance to it so assuming he can resist it for being stronger than Ash is not a reason. Otherwise he'd have resistance to limited time hax for being far superior to Guldo.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
2) Same logic on the Beerus comparison. Beerus is Universal while Zamasu is only Solar System level. But we assume Hakai works on Universal beings. That's very selective.
3) You mean the same reason as we don't treat Barrier as a defense boost instead of a forcefield? You mean how we don't count moves like Aerial Ace and Swift as infinite accuracy?
I wasn't aware of either of those things, does this also mean Me first can be dodged because in the games it always hits?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Me First is Precog. The opponent can dodge the attack.
Alright then it isn't as broken as I thought! I still don't agree with the petrification working on Frieza + it's a blast so it can be dodged.

Back