• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mew's Feat Part 2

But if they get another key, they keep their losses and I don't want that

I mean, unlike in Pokken and SMD, Mewtwo is kinda the same story as before. But if another key is best, who am I to argue?

The real cal howard said:
Fineeee. 0:4 Mewtwo... (This is why my main fiction is Chrono now ovo)
>Still loses to Digimon.

Keep trying Cal, ovo.

Wow, I'm quite late to responding to this again.

Frankly, & speaking as the one who translated it for Cal, however roughly, I'm not entirely sure it was another dimension.

For one, even if we assume it was another dimension, I'm not entirely sure we see scenes of them in "Mew's Forest" -the name of where they went, I believe- with a sun or stars present.

In particular because some of "Mewtwo's" dialogue & other scenes suggesting there were the spirits of deceased Pokemon there & Mew's Forest as it was called in the story, was a sort of sacred ground. Odd this other dimension would have so many dead Pokemon.

And IIRC, Marron/Hazel noticed/heard some of the spirits even before entering the portal. There's also the ambiguity of whether that was a real Mewtwo, or an illusion created by Mew.

But if people aren't willing to change all their votes, what does all of what I'm saying matter anyway?

And of course, feel free to correct me on any part of this, anyone. At the very least, I'm sure my translation wasn't perfect.

It's kinda clear that Mew created it for the spirits of dead Pokémon. Otherwise it wouldn't be named after Mew.

If it later comes out it not being made by Mew, than we simply have to regress the stats, fornow this seems legit.

If it made it for that purpose fine.

But there's still the no sun part, unless it's still explicitly the same dimension where it was previously shown to have a star then it is gonna be a no go, but if it is im still fine with it.

It's kinda clear that Mew created it for the spirits of dead Pokémon. Otherwise it wouldn't be named after Mew.
Definitely could be possible. On the other hand, it could be another location in the setting's world, possibly on undiscovered lands.

Presumably, it became public knowledge enough to be warned of & the nearby area having a warning sign & rumours because of people accidentally going missing -presumably as a result of the portals- in the nearby area, as the story suggests, if I remember my translation correctly... & assuming it was accurate to begin with.

Although that brings up the question of why the portals opened if Mew/Mewtwo wanted no intruders to begin with.

There's also the matter of the range of Mew/Mewtwo's teleportation; When Marron/Hazel & Almond left "Mew's Forest", the means was through being teleported by Mew/Mewtwo. Not only that, Marron/Hazel appeared to recognize the location as outside of or nearby to her house. I doubt her home existed in the same dimension that Mew/Mewtwo created & she entered via a portal.

Nonetheless, it could indeed be an alternate or pocket dimension Mew/Mewtwo created for the Pokemon spirits to have peaceful rest & maybe opened portals to to bring them in, occasionally accidentally bringing in humans. But unless I missed something that supports that conclusion, I'm not sure such speculation of mine is valid.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:

But there's still the no sun part, unless it's still explicitly the same dimension where it was previously shown to have a star then it is gonna be a no go, but if it is im still fine with it.
The brightness of the place is explicitly mentioned.

If the star is mentioned or seen than i agree because high range luminosity can also be produced by a city level character like for ex. Volcarona replacing the sun.

I'm sure Mew can replicate light.

But regardless, if it truly is a dimension with a star Mew created I'm fine with it, count my vote.

But only if that's the case, if it is or isn't is something you'd need to figure out first and be sure of but if it is, I'm all for it.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:

The brightness of the place is explicitly mentioned.
I apologize for asking this. It's been a while since I translated this story. But.... Where was the brightness mentioned? It would be important to verify the context & light source.

The relevant story begins on page 46 . It ends on page 59, with the other pages being seemingly unrelated. We first see the inside of "Mew's Forest" on page 51. Page 52 has "Mewtwo" appearing with a ÒâØÒéª "sound effect", which is documented as being used in manga for the effect of "Like with magic or some invisible force.". This could be light emitted by "Mewtwo"'s own arrival, especially if we do decide to assume it's an illusion created by Mew.

It starts snowing at the end of page 52. Page 54 , they're taking shelter from the snow in a cave. Page 57 , "Mewtwo" is seen with what's described as a "sad look" & shortly after, Mew appears. They get teleported with what I'd call a "whooshing-like" sound effect . Page 58 leads with an almost identical sound effect, & they're outside of Marron/Hazel's house, which may not be in "Mew's Forest". Page 59 seems to end the story with our protagonists kissing, & Mew in the background sky. I'm not confident the pages that follow are relevant.

So again.... Where was the brightness of "Mew's Forest" mentioned, if you all will forgive my asking?

You told me that there was a while back.
On this message wall, right? https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/932833

CTRL+F-ed that Message Wall thread a bit. "Light": 1 result: "Marron (The light-haired girl.)", "shin" (as part of "shine" or "shining".): 2 results: "so Almond is rushing them to go." & "There's a wind-like whooshing sound". "Glow": No results. "Bright": 1 result. "Suddenly Mew(two)(?) shows up! Almond asks in shock if he/it created an entrance! It's all bright."

Is there a specific thing I said that indicated brightness being mentioned or shown in the manga? I think in the instance where I mentioned "bright", it was referring to the SFX accompanying Mew(two)(?)'s entrance.

Sorry if I'm kinda raining on your parade a bit.... I'm quite fine with this upgrade, just so long as there's proper supporting evidence.

And again, I doubt my translation is perfect, so I welcome anyone to double check the manga.

Back