• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid Stats Changes, As well as a Guideline in the Future

Status
Not open for further replies.
SomebodyData said:
Actually I did the leviathan calc relied on Tallon IV, which if I remember correctly has an even greater gravity than Zebes, so KE wise it would be gigantic
Also, wouldn't that country level be for her low level weaponry? Which is very good actually
AFAIK explosion size has little to do with gravity. This wasn't a calc about GBE or any of that. I also searched fro Tallon IV's size but I couldn't find anything.

However, your calc assumes that Tallon IV has normal Earth gravity, correct?

If the gravity of Tallon IV has about 1000x gravity of Earth, this would mean that it would take (1000^2) times more energy to make the same sized explosion on that planet compared to the same sized explosion happening in normal gravity.

This is probably because as the gravity goes up higher, it takes much more energy for the explosion to travel a certain distance (will prob. draw a picture for this)

That's what the Planetary Parameter calculator tells me anyways.

@LordX: Noted. However, considering that Tallon IV's gravity is much higher than that of Earth, it is plausible that it takes more effort to create explosions of certain sizes, as explosions usually involve shockwaves that push the surrounding air away a specific distance.

My point is that the value for that explosion is much higher than what you have listed.

Ok? The Tallon one would scale anyways, and would set the minimum for Samus regardless.

a planet with radius 6,700 km and 960 x earth gravity at ground level?

that wud be ~6.33*10^27 kg in mass

GBE shud be around ~2.395*10^38 J (estimated), which would be low end of dwarf star level

SomebodyData's suggestions have been cleared, if he wants to implement them. Szayel's have not.

Well, I think I will revise them in a few, if no one interjects

As for the new calcs, I believe that will be implemented later, after they've been checked

Its alright,

I will begin upgrading the profiles accordingly, as no one seems to disagree with the blog

SomebodyData said:
Ok? The Tallon one would scale anyways, and would set the minimum for Samus regardless.
I wasn't saying it didn't. I was saying Crazy was doing stuff with Tallon and Tallon's GBE, two things that didn't have anything to do with my calc.

I thought you were confused.

Can the Tallon IV feat be checked to see if its correct? It'll create the minimum level for the Varia Suit with gear that is lower than Power Bomb level, and scales to the MPH characters

The Aether one would also be good to be checked, as it would set the minimum for the Leviathan profile, and the phazon infused Pirates without Hypermode which is very important

Oh I see, so Crazy's calc is invalid?

Theres also the crater that we can scale....
Screenshot 2016-05-27 at 22.05.31

I guess we could, but we don't really know the depth. We could do a fireball calculation again but using gravity and such for that would require atmosphereic physics well beyond me as well, and I highly doubt that the difficulty of making a fireball scales linearly with gravity.

Unless we assume standard Earth gravity but a different diameter for the planet, obviously.

hmmm okay... perhaps help can be obtained? This may be a very big upgrade

Well that result would be miniscule compared to even a low end using the gravity, so I doubt thats the best answer

perhaps the lore may have something on this...

I found some data on Tallon IV, although i´m not so sure if it helps you in any way:

Name: Tallon IV

Object type: Planet

Mass: 5.1 trillion teratons/ 5.1*10^27 kg

Dimensions: 13,400 km diameter

Let's calculate the gravity for that planet with the dimensions specified. The equation is ...

• g = G*M/(r^2)
  • g = (6.67*10^-11Nm^2/kg^2)(5.1e27kg)/((6700000m)^2)
  • g = 7578m/s^2, or about 772.5 times Earth gravity.

Keep in mind that Earth is actually nitrogen-rich instead of oxygen-rich due to the composition of its atmosphere being mostly nitrogen.

However, considering that nitrogen has similar mass and density as oxygen...

It helps only slightly. The speed of sound is determined by Ks/p. To get K you multiply the air pressure by, usually, 1.4. P is just the density of the air. We'd need more than just oxygen.

Anyways, has the Aether one been checked? Its still rather important in the whole sclae of things

The Aether one really shouldn't be much higher than the Tallon one. It was roughly the same amount of crater area, possibly even less.

Well, actually I was asking about your calc because if we want to get technical, its more important than the Tallon one, and I wasn't really thinking that the Aether isn't much higher than Tallon, rather the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back