• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid Prime Revisions (Like Super Metroid, the revision died)

SomebodyData

El SiD
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
Dark Samus/Metroid Prime:

We already discussed this previously, but Dark Samus' essence / soul gets continuously attacked by Samus in their final Prime 1 and 2 fights according to the lore, extremely high Low-Godly Regen as Echoes Dark Samus, likely Mid-Godly as Corruption Dark Samus since this time, Dark Samus has taken in a massive amount of Phazon in addition to fighting a significantly stronger Samuss. Likewise, Samus gets Soul Destruction (Standard in her Phazon suit, better in her Light Suit, and very effective in her PED Suit)

Metroid Prime should get Low-High Regen based on the booklet which states: "After Samus left Tallon IV, the few remaining cells of Metroid Prime began to secretly multiply using the gene information taken from Samus's suit."

Dark Samus infects this Leviathan and is able to control it, giving her the power to open wormholes at will." Dark Samus' Phazon is apparently capable of corrupting even Leviathans, so uh, yeah, her Phazon is significantly stronger than we thought.

"Leviathans had the ability to generate wormholes, allowing them to travel to galaxies unbelievably far away." and "This allows her to travel to Phaaze quickly. For Dark Samus, a chance to control the source of all Phazon is a chance to conquer the entire universe."

Samus

Additionally, A recalc of the star freezing feat has placed Legendary Power Suit Samus at High 6-A + Stellar range and Samus in Samus and Joey managed to tag ships relatively equal in speed to Samus' gunship in her basic legendary power suit.

Also, the revised profile is lacking a few abilities from the previous one, notably Rage Power (Up to 5x according to Samus and Joey); Invulnerability with Electric Armor, Speed Booster, and Screw Attack; Transformation into Energy (In her Light Suit, not combat applicable);Energy Manipulation (In her PED Suit, can forcibly insert energy in and out of people); Hypermode's abilities (Invulnerability, heightened Regenerationn, and Absorption [Can absorb energy attacks and convert them to Phazon]).

Finally, can we just make the Samus and Joey key into a Composite? Not sure why it was changed, but it is rather redundant in comparison.

TL;DR
Metroid Prime: Regenerationn (Low-High)

Dark Samus: Regenerationn (At least Low-Godly, Likely Mid-Godly in Corruption), Universal (Can travel between dimensions as well) Range

Samus: New Legendary Power Suit key, expansion on profile/correcting info

Your soul being attacked and destroyed but not erased gets "At least Low Godly" similar to an opponent that Dark Samus recently wrongfully beat.

Metroid Prime stuff looks good, At least Low-Godly probably sounds reasonable for Dark Samus. And Universal range is great. Instead of saying "weak soul destruction" for Samus, it sounds more like Dark Samus has resistance to soul destruction, but PED Suit Samus simply has a stronger level of Soul destruction. Fully support High 6-A Basic Legendary Samus and Stellar range, as well as the new abilities and speed upgrade. Samus & Joey Key either needs to be removed, or changed to composite I agree.

The reason it was changed had something to do with Prom not liking composite keys, but I still think the specific S&J key is worse given it's just a Varia Suit.

Well, it would be better if you ask some staff members to give further input here first.

IIRC, Glassman also said he agreed to this on another thread, but I asked him on his wall anyway to comment here.

"After Samus left Tallon IV, the few remaining cells of Metroid Prime began to secretly multiply using the gene information taken from Samus's suit."

That is not high regen.It is Low-High regen

Low-High: The ability to regenerate from a very small piece of your body, such as a puddle or drop of blood, or even something as small as a single cell.

Well, I usually prefer more community input, but I suppose that this seems fairly uncontroversial to apply.

The real cal howard said:
Your soul being attacked and destroyed but not erased gets "At least Low Godly" similar to an opponent that Dark Samus recently wrongfully beat.
DS' soul was practically erased when Dark Aether was completely erased from existance, and it still came back.

Yes we do, the endgame cutscene where everything from normal Aether's atmosphere showing all the remains of Darkness Aether disappearing once DA ceases to exist?

@Antvasima while uncontroversial, the changes kinda have a rather major impact on Samus' resistances (I mean, she was able to hold off Phazon, which if upgrade goes through would become universal in corruption potency), so I think more opinions would be needed.

I mean, Metroid isn't particularly all that popular on this site. And I think just about everyone listed on the knowledgeable members list has already commented saying they agree; though Cal didn't directly state he agreed, but mostly pointed a minor detail. I think Numbersguy is the last one listed who hasn't commented, but I could ask him.

Wait, that was the soul of Dark Samus? I thought it was the body... any proof it was the soul?

Just asking

There's Pre Zero Mission Basic Suit and Legendary Basic Suit, so no. The former is still 6-C and the later is High 6-A.

@Number it comes from the scans of Dark Samus 4, which basically state that after reaching past her previous atomic regen, the only way to kill her at that point is to disrupt and destroy her essense iirc

@Dark/Grass I guess we have enough votes, I would have thought more people would ask about the hax potency upgrade but I guess not.

SomebodyData said:
@Dark/Grass I guess we have enough votes, I would have thought more people would ask about the hax potency upgrade but I guess not.
D06C6F65-8A20-4F25-86B2-790A01A31AD7
GRASS!!!!!!???

Speaking of which, given the 6-C and High 6-A separation, I think there's a list of profiles that need updating. The Prime Hunters cast, Alpha, Gamma, Zeta Metroids, and Kraid might need a new key too. Anyone else?

Ye

He would have probably gotten an upgrade if he appeared in prime 4 anyways

Okay, I have updated Kraid. Anything else to discuss here, or is this thread concluded now.

Back