• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Methuselah (Masadaverse) vs. Yukari Yakumo

Hm... he looked strong, but all of his technique are barrier-related, which is Yukari's specialty. She could mess with it all and back-firing at him, so she could take this.

I think just by looking at their profiles anyone can tell that this is a hax stomp for Methuselah. Your average Dies Irae character is usually way more haxxed than most characters around their levels are capable of dealing with.

Ah, but I wasn't speaking about the tier, you know. The tier is not the big deal here, Andhy. I mean, look at that ammount of hax. Even if we remmoved everything else he has and just left Mid-Godly Regen, that would already be pretty hard for Yuka to get around.

No matter how you look at it, this one is a stomp.

I was indeed concerned about Methuselah's hax but I thought Yukari's Boundary Manipulation might be able to do something. Somehow.

Should I unequalize speed (since she'll have a massive speed advantage) and allow BFR?

Did you account for the fact that Methuselah's aura shunts all darkness into Yukari's head? That and it has planetary range? Oh and you can't disable that either since that's a passive ability of his whenever he fights.

There's also the fact that besides having Mid-Godly regen, he also has those barrier things that perhaps Yukari can manipulate.....IF SHE can handle that mind darkness shunting thing. There's also that of the time acceleration of his and that his attacks also do soul damage on top of physical damage.

Just throwing that out there. BFR probably would have been an option for Yukari to win. Don't think Methuselah has a counter for that other than perhaps that one reflection move of his.

Well, she does control Light/Dark boundary, and giving the like of Yukari billion of time in a second is a bad idea, as it allow for her to do something castastrophic in an extremely short among of time.

Well she'll have to do Light-based attacks or something as Methuselah is pretty immune to darkness ones (given what he represents).

That depends. Can she withstand having even her soul being turned to dust by the acceleration of time? If so, i could still see her do something. But then you're forgetting that his fear aura is still passive. If Yukrai can survive that while also dealing with Methuselah's other attacks, then perhaps she's good with whatever she could do against him. BFR still seems to be the only thing she COULD win since she doesn't have any soul-based attacks from where i'm looking at. Not that it would matter since he's immune to it due to lacking a soul AFAIK...

That's up to whoever else votes here. Honestly speaking, i would say it is unless BFR is available. Otherwise with that not being an option and how Methuselah has Mid-Godly regen and his other hax, i don't see much of Yukari winning on killing this guy without BFR. Even then, she has to go through his fear aura and his darkness abilities and whatnot that he has on his page that you can read on.

Again, i'm not making a vote here. I'm just throwing this out. I'll let others decide this.

Probably since, at least in a physical body, Methuselah only caps out at MHS+. But that's up to you as the OP to decide.

Most things being thrown for Yukari here (mostly by Andhy) are either speculation or have no actual basis within her abilities compared to the ones Methuselah has. That's why it somewhat "looks" like it might not be a stomp. But the whole "she takes control or reflects all of his barriers" claim has no basis to back that up and no feat to go along with it.

Couple that with Methuselah's own hax, Regenerationn, immortality, conceptual nature, resistances and immunities and you have a character who has a bunch of ways to finish Yukari with a bunch of his techniques while she has not a single way to kill him.

Hence, stomp.

Also, Yukari doesn't use BFR in battle as far as I remember (and it's not listed in her profile either), so I don't know what the OP meant with that.

Aw, man. How about that guy Ren Fuji?

@FateAlbane

I thought someone like Yukari would be able to do that with her Boundary Manipulation?

Something about Yukari using her boundary powers to make a gap somewhere for Methuselah to fall into?

Thing is that even if she could do that, it doesn't suck the target to it or has any sort of hax component that would make it hard to escape from. Someone with the ammount of Hax Methuselah has would never simply fall into a gap when he has like a billion ways to avoid that casually. XD

Eh, i guess. He does possess a lot of hax, and this is the same guy that also took a spear to the chest from Reinhard himself as well as holding off a bunch of other haxxed dudes. (Shrugs)

Eh, i'll just take my leave out of here for now.

I want to open a match for her against Ren Fuji. But I'm skeptical because I don't want another stomp match. These Masadaverse characters though... Bunch of hax machines. Cool.

@Cross Yeah, I'll unfollow the thread, myself. Just wanted to point those things out. Wherever this goes now, I won't be around to see it.

You do realize that Ren Fuji is not the only character, right Burning? Look at the Masadaverse again. We have plenty of characters to use other than him and Methuselah here.

That's my last comment here to that. Do what you will anyways.

How about using some not-that-haxxy character from Touhou and pit 'em against not-that-high-tier charater from Masada ? I could see that working

I think the barrier part in his profile either means 2 things

1. His "lolno i absorb your attack and send it back at you via some sort of darkness"

2. Or maybe his emphatic barrier which disallow anyone who has "darkness" in their heart to pass throught it

Haxstomp no matter how you put it. This is Dies Irae for crying out loud. You hate Yukari? Then again I would too if fights on her keep getting spammed.

And at Fab, isn't that just transferral? Or portal reflection?

Second one I doubt Yukari can be affected though.

Fabtastic Glasses said:
How about using some not-that-haxxy character from Touhou and pit 'em against not-that-high-tier charater from Masada ? I could see that working
What Shinki? How fun exactly is Character A either oneshots or gets oneshotted? Not fun. And it's a simple statement of defining who wins. Not even a debate.

That said disagreeing with what Fate says that most stuff about Yukari said is without basis, then again I skimmed through the comments here.

That's why i said "either means 2 things", coz IIRC his barrier was emphatic barrier that prevent anyone who has "darkness" in their heart to pass through and not referencing his Gloria virtutem tamquan umbra sequitur.

@COB

Please don't say things like that. I don't hate anybody. I don't know where you got that from.

I already asked for someone to close the thread.

Yeah, I also have that idea. If it that alone, then for someone that could blur boundary of life and death that seperate the neitherworld, or truth and false to jump over to the moon (not to mention building a plane space with particles working in different law), she could easily misdirect that, or clear the "darkness" within her heart to pass through. Is there something more to his barrier?

The thing is that Methuselah is accumulative darkness and his mindf**k is passive with one a barrier that HAS to be destroyed individually with one other that can reflect attacks back at the opponent with more power and Ageing 100 billion years per second literally even the soul mid-godly regen (via glasheirm) was the only reason the LDO survived while Reinhard laughed at it. With mid-godly regen and exist where there is darkness yeah I think he wins via hax

Back