• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metal Gear Solid Speed Revisions

LordXCano wrote
I've recently done several calcs for this verse, and I think we're in for a downgrade. The thing we currently scale just about everyone to is Ocelot's lightning feat. However I revised this and got just Mach 17. In addition I did a few more calculations to back up the consistency of this.
Overall the series seems to be Trans-Supersonic in speed. But this is only the main series. I decided to redo Raiden's Mach 1700 missile hop feat as well. I got Mach 2.7. With Blade Mode increasing his speed by 10x over this would be Mach 27.

I have not revised the Mach 2000 feat yet, but it was done on the same assumptions as the Mach 1700 was. Because of this I think it'll be similarly low, but I can't say for sure right now.

As a tl;dr here, pretty much every character gets a downgrade to Supersonic+, Raiden's first body in MGR gets downgraded to "at least Supersonic+ with High Hypersonic Reactions" with at least "Hypersonic with High Hypersonic+ Reactions" for his current body.

For: 10

Against: 5

Also, there are more calcs for this series:

We can conclude the topic in regards to Raiden's speed here. However, Raiden's speed >> Snake and Ocelot anyways.

Don't forget Ripper Mode-enhanced Blade mode being about 8.1 times faster than regular Blade mode, putting Raiden's maximum reaction speed at Mach 729.8 or Massively Hypersonic.

I know I keep changing it but mistakes happen with calcs and someone else could confirm it for me.

@Natse: I would like to see a video for the Ripper Mode Blade mode vs Regular Blade mode. All I noticed was that Ripper Mode makes Raiden only slightly faster in the video.

Natse said:
Don't forget Ripper Mode-enhanced Blade mode being about 8.1 times faster than regular Blade mode, putting Raiden's maximum reaction speed at Mach 729.8 or Massively Hypersonic.
I know I keep changing it but mistakes happen with calcs and someone else could confirm it for me.
The highest calc is Mach 9.01 which would make his reactions Mach 90.1?

I'm doing the Raiden bullet block right now though. This'll probably be the highest one he has and solidify his speed.

So, would we scale the Metal Gear Solid characters from the Tengus, since thanks to this last calc their speed doesn't contradict Raiden's?

Just scale Snake and Ocelot's speed from the Tengus.

Raiden was supposedly immensely stronger/faster than Snake in MGR anyways.

AidenBrooks999 said:
10 times
At least that's what I read LOTS of times in several forums
It's from the guidebook or something. Says it brings his perception/reactions to 10% the original.

Wait I kinda got lost in the mix up but, is raiden still Massively hypersonic + after this, cause his profile states that? And I thought he was only MHS with blade mode after this. Or did I miss something?

LordXCano and I will discuss the speed settings for the Metal Gear Solid characters, and edit them accordingly.

AidenBrooks999 said:
Maybe because that's the only change we made and previous form still at MHS+?
Ripper Blade Mode is approximately 7.7 times faster than regular Blade Mode, which gives us a speed of Mach 3643. This speed is indeed Massively Hypersonic+ and not some carryover. If I was using the old calcs, Raiden would have been moving at Relativistic speeds.

LordXcano said:
Updated all profiles.
Thanks for your effort i appreciate it, there only two thing missing now: Volgin/Man of Fire and The Boss profiles.

Back