• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Ability Clarification

Should just be Durability Negation through Vibration Manipulation.

Also, pretty sure the blade should have Quantum Manipulation. It's vibration alter the blade's particles on a quantum level, and it can cause quantum disonance (which is basically what it uses to ignore dura in the first place)

The swords vibrations also make it so the blade, at a quantum level, is made up of the same particle type, so it clearly has some form of quantum manip.

So this'll boost Armstrong's resistance to matter manipulation too right? Since he's resistant to the effects of the HF blades?

"Nanomachines son" Just got a whole lot more hardcore if that's the case. Who would've thought we would get Quantum manipulation/resistance in Metal Gear. Although it's a pretty limited application it's still impressive

CrimsonStarFallen said:
The swords vibrations also make it so the blade, at a quantum level, is made up of the same particle type, so it clearly has some form of quantum manip.
PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
So this'll boost Armstrong's resistance to matter manipulation too right? Since he's resistant to the effects of the HF blades?
CrimsonStarFallen said:
Yep. Would also give him resistance to quantum manipulation.
These proposed changes look fine.

CrimsonStarFallen said:
Do we need some more input or can i add this?
Yeah, @CrimsonStarFallen, approval from Discussion Moderators, Administrators, or Bureaucrats for to add the changes.

Editing Rules:

• Before making sweeping or significant changes to characters or verse pages, please start a thread in the Content Revision forum first, so that the suggestions may be evaluated by the Staff and the community at large, to ensure that they are acceptable. The concluding evaluations must be handled by Discussion Moderators, Administrators, or Bureaucrats, who should make an effort to base their evaluations on valid arguments, not personal opinions.

But this wouldn't be a significant or sweeping change. It's just explaining an ability that's already on the page more in depth.

DragonEmperor23 said:
But this wouldn't be a significant or sweeping change. It's just explaining an ability that's already on the page more in depth.
The change is noteworthy. It basically changing an ability to an superior one that a few percentage of characters has in he wiki.

@CrimsonStarFallen, it just that making changes like this usually get on reported as Vandalism especially since many users here don't provide links to the related concluded content revision threads in the edit summary boxes.

I mean, technically Durability Negation is also something that a few percentage of characters have as an ability.

I mean, if it is stated to cut down to planck level, then I don't see why it can't be quantum level

Theglassman12 said:
I mean, if it is stated to cut down to planck level, then I don't see why it can't be quantum level
I think it is correct but the approval of CRT need to be done with proper procedure like listed in the editing rules that I link above.

I mean.

It's a CRT. We have staff aproval.

Metal Gear is a niche verse in the VS battle community anyway, though i guess it wouldn't hurt to call a admin here. I'll see what i can get.

Should Sam be solid 7-C too?

I feel like he's heavily implied to be the strongest guy aside from Raiden and Armstrong.

CrimsonStarFallen said:
I mean.
It's a CRT. We have staff aproval.

Metal Gear is a niche verse in the VS battle community anyway, though i guess it wouldn't hurt to call a admin here. I'll see what i can get.
I wish it happen but I don't a concluding evaluations was made by a qualified staff [ from Discussion Moderators, Administrators, or Bureaucrats ] for the correct CRT approval.

I get it about niche verse so good luck with what you can get, @CrimsonStarFallen.

Sure go for it

The above changes seem fine. I honestly need to get off my lazy butt and revise the Nanotechnology page or make a seperate description for the ones in MG. So barebones.but yeah the original changes seem fine. Also, Sam fought Armstrong. Sam also only lost because Armstrong nanomachines. So yes, he is 7-C.

Back