• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metal Gear Discussion Thread

What even was it
Nvm I got it to work
GLUwhnkXMAIAnrX

Was just thinking why does Vamp in MGS2 not scale to his strength in MGS4? I don't think there's anything that suggests he got any stronger unless I missed a codec call. Along with that what about Old Snake being able to take hits from him? Shouldn't Snakes durability scale?

Was just thinking why does Vamp in MGS2 not scale to his strength in MGS4? I don't think there's anything that suggests he got any stronger unless I missed a codec call. Along with that what about Old Snake being able to take hits from him? Shouldn't Snakes durability scale?
Would be a hilarious outlier for Snake to scale to something like 1000x above stuff that can consistently cripple or kill him. I mean the very feat Vamp scales off, is something that was depicted as being fatal for snake. Even later, ocelot punches outer heaven, dents it, with a dent about 500x smaller than Raiden's dent. Said punch he used wasn't held back and hurts snake, if hits. that also begs the question, does Vamp ever actually hit snake canonically? or even raiden in 2? if neither are intended or true in lore, then we dont actually have an issue at all.

Vamp is funny nanomachine man, at the very least it can be handwaved based on how nano's can work. Fact of the matter is, it's inconsistent, but it's consistently inconsistent so like, it is what it is.

Would be a hilarious outlier for Snake to scale to something like 1000x above stuff that can consistently cripple or kill him. I mean the very feat Vamp scales off, is something that was depicted as being fatal for snake. Even later, ocelot punches outer heaven, dents it, with a dent about 500x smaller than Raiden's dent. Said punch he used wasn't held back and hurts snake, if hits. that also begs the question, does Vamp ever actually hit snake canonically? or even raiden in 2? if neither are intended or true in lore, then we dont actually have an issue at all.

Vamp is funny nanomachine man, at the very least it can be handwaved based on how nano's can work. Fact of the matter is, it's inconsistent, but it's consistently inconsistent so like, it is what it is.
didn't Vamp slash Snake in the arm and then pin him to a wall by holding his head in the meeting Vamp cinematic?

didn't Vamp slash Snake in the arm and then pin him to a wall by holding his head in the meeting Vamp cinematic?
Yeah, Vamp is evidently kinda stronger.

Though that is a feat, it's only 9-A, the metal wall cave-in gets about that.

Are we ever gonna get a Super Smash Bros profile for Snake? just like there's a Playstation All Stars profile for Raiden (could definitely be the strongest metal gear stuff we'll ever get, imagine Low-2C Snake)

Last edited:
Volume 2 has to give us MGS4, honestly the only reason why we would even give two ***** about MC is MGS4, all MGS games are easy to emulate (Since they are on the PS2 or less, yes including HD Collection on Xenia/RPCS3 is quite simple to emulate) or officially available to other platforms like MGSV or Rising, but MGS4 is the one that is really difficult to emulate, so an official port will dramatically help out.

Volume 2 has to give us MGS4, honestly the only reason why we would even give two ***** about MC is MGS4, all MGS games are easy to emulate (Since they are on the PS2 or less, yes including HD Collection on Xenia/RPCS3 is quite simple to emulate) or officially available to other platforms like MGSV or Rising, but MGS4 is the one that is really difficult to emulate, so an official port will dramatically help out.
The Master Collection version of MGS1 only runs at 240p while you can easily run it with Duckstation at 1080p lol.

MGRR Raiden should have his alternate costumes (CC Desperado, Blue, Red, Yellow, Medic, Inferno and Commando) and Infinite Wigs (A, B and Blade Mode Wig) in his equipment since they actually do stuff. Infinite Wig A works just like Solid Snake's Infinity Bandana btw

Back