• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metafictional Question

Let's say that the entire Cthulhu Mythos verse including it's Universes/Multiverses and characters including all the elder gods are viewed as nothing more than Fiction by a Universe full of normal regular people and said Universe is what created and governs the stories and characters of the Mythos with the Universe being stated to be above the totality of the Cthulhu Mythos verse. What Tier would be the Universe? Would it be a High 1-B structure or a 1-A structure?

Firstly, this does not belong in the Content Revision board.

Secondly, this isn't cross-scaling verses, but it would mean that Yog-Sothoth and Azathoth go down to 1-A. Put simply, Azathoth is one of two truly omnipotent characters as far as fiction is concerned, the other one being The Creator from Umineko.

Let's say that the Cthulhu Mythos described is exactly the same as the Lovecraftian depiction of them with quotes and statements being similar and Azathoth dreaming the entire Verse in his mind yet he is still viewed as Fiction and controlled by the said Universe in Question.

Oh I'm sorry. I meant to post this in the Questions and Answers forum. My mistake.

Can someone please move this to the Q&A forum or do I have to Hakai this thread and make a new one?

KingPin0422 said:
Firstly, this does not belong in the Content Revision board.
Secondly, this isn't cross-scaling verses, but it would mean that Yog-Sothoth and Azathoth go down to 1-A. Put simply, Azathoth is one of two truly omnipotent characters as far as fiction is concerned, the other one being The Creator from Umineko.
Six

Lancer45Man said:
Let's say that the Cthulhu Mythos described is exactly the same as the Lovecraftian depiction of them with quotes and statements being similar and Azathoth dreaming the entire Verse in his mind yet he is still viewed as Fiction and controlled by the said Universe in Question.
I guess if they had all of the required statements that the Cthulu Mythos needed to get its 1-A+ tiers, and it was described to be real in some way but still fictional, then it should be pretty high.

@Zach how is it high 2-A when the Universe in Question views an infinite Dimensional structure as well as transcendent beings as nothing more that fiction and said beings and the structure are very much real???

@Agnaa how high would it be in your opinion?

I don't know enough about what's required for 1-A and above to comment, but it might be at least 1-A.

Those regular humans likely being constrained by dimensionality would be a problem for it though, maybe your hypothetical just isn't completely thought out?

I'm just saying from a fictional perspective as Fiction doesn't follow our Dimensional tiering all the time.

Well actually, I'd say it depends on the perspective the story is told from.

Since in your example, it seems like the normal people are the perspective from where everything should be judged from, and in that context they're normal people, and the Cthulu Mythos would be 11-C.

What if the story is told from the perspective of the characters of the Mythos whose world are stated to be normal universes/Multiverses/realms/Dimensions?

I feel like the Universe in Question would be High 1-B but I could be wrong.

I'm not sure, I'd need to see actual scans to make a good decision.

I'm just actually saying cuz I had an idea for a fanfic/story that might be built upon this. And since Cthulhu Mythos is public domain, I can use their Characters ƒæǃæǃæǃæǃæǃæǃæÇ

Back