• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Meruem (HxH) VS Edward Elric

pretty sure Meruem would just blitz him

the amount of things HxH characters do when time slows to a crawl and the narrator starts explaining things should put them well ahead of FMA in terms of speed...

Both Meruem and Edward speed stats are@HyperSonic I believe. Ed should be able to keep up with Meruem.

Ed is ranked hypersonic+ from a single reaction feat

Meruem has several feats that put him at the very least at hypersonic+ (which is why he's "at least hypersonic+")

looking at what these characters actually do in their series, i'm fairly certain Meruem would blitz him. if you look at meruem's fight against netero, they had to slow down time and have the narrator explain the timeframe in which the fight was ocurring in to portray it, even then we could barely see Meruem's movements.. Ed more or less fights at peak human speeds (or a bit above that) most of the time. with a few impressive reaction feats thrown in every now and again.

i never really saw FMA as a very fas verse, i would even say that most of HxH chars (who use nen) should be able to speedblitz FMA-chars...

PS: which version of meruem? post or pre-"old mans rose"?

GreatestSin said:
i never really saw FMA as a very fas verse, i would even say that most of HxH chars (who use nen) should be able to speedblitz FMA-chars...
PS: which version of meruem? post or pre-"old mans rose"?
Pre or Post, it doesn't matter. Debate both versions.

^ok, well, with pre-nuke-meruem i would see elric having a chance if he can defend himself and attack with AoE-attacks,

post-meruem will be way to fast and to strong, he can even fly ^_^

there really isn't any indication to believe Ed could fight even mid tier characters in HxH. honestly i think Killua at the beginning of the show could beat him. >_>

Meruem stomps due to speed, durability, AP, and he is extremely intelligent. Though his arrogance would allow Edward to land a couple good blows, but to no avail.

Back